Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Erik. My family and I live in Gilbert,AZ. My wife and I are new to overlanding but are no strangers to off road culture and backwoods camping. We are a Toyota family. The wife’s rig is a 16 4Runner trail premium, mine is a 12 FJ Cruiser trail teams and an 89 Toyota pickup. So incredibly stoked to be a part of this community. Thank you for accepting me into this amazing community.
Welcome from Utah. You will love it here!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Greetings from Athens, Greece, South Europe! Glad to be here!

I drive a Toyota RAV4 mk 2, MY 2007, 2000cc 150HP petrol, AWD, bought new by me.
I have made a few modifications: lifted some 2" or a little less, skid plate under the front side, roof rack with some Hella lights on

Unfortunatelly I have no Overlanding Experience Background till now

View attachment 90276
Welcome for Utah. Is this a recent picture? What months do you get snow there?

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Happy to be here. From northern TN between Nashville and The Smoky Mountains. Have a 2015 Rubicon and recently sold a 2008 Rubicon. Love getting out on trails. Hope to venture out more this summer. View attachment 90292
Nice Jeep. Im kinda partial to them myself. Welcome to OB.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ

I drive a Toyota RAV4 mk 2, MY 2007, 2000cc 150HP petrol, AWD, bought new by me.
I have made a few modifications: lifted some 2" or a little less, skid plate under the front side, roof rack with some Hella lights on

View attachment 90276
Hey, Welcome. Great shot in the snow.

RheoRunner

Rank 0

Traveler I

Live in the Kansas City area. Long time auto enthusiasts, but novice at Overlanding. Love the outdoors and travel a lot with my wife and dogs.

Me: ‘16 Tacoma TRDS DCSB w/ Alu-Cab and ARB RTT - primary rig
Wife: ‘06 4Runner - Daily

Will be hitting some weekend trips this spring/summer. Prepping for an extended trip in AZ, UT, CO, NM in September. Have a lot of questions regarding permits, reservations, and regulations at state parks, etc. Excited to dive into this forum.

Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

View attachment 90276
Welcome here :)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Live in the Kansas City area. Long time auto enthusiasts, but novice at Overlanding. Love the outdoors and travel a lot with my wife and dogs.

Will be hitting some weekend trips this spring/summer. Prepping for an extended trip in AZ, UT, CO, NM in September. Have a lot of questions regarding permits, reservations, and regulations at state parks, etc. Excited to dive into this forum.

Cheers,
Rob
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region but also at the corner of four of our regions, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: RheoRunner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Happy to be here. From northern TN between Nashville and The Smoky Mountains. Have a 2015 Rubicon and recently sold a 2008 Rubicon. Love getting out on trails. Hope to venture out more this summer. View attachment 90292

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 902911.) My name is Jack
2.) Located in East Texas
3.)I just bought an ‘04 Lexus GX470 for my wife/ family and own a ‘97 FJ80 40th Anniversary Edition for me :)
4.) I’m a Land Cruiser nerd but very much a novice overlander. My wife and I hope to build the GX into a family overlanding rig slowly over the next few years.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region and close to the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Razorwalker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Franklin, NC, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Hello All!

My name is Patrick "Razorwalker" Lynch. I'm currently living in Franklin, NC. I am 44 years old and have been overlanding on and off my entire life. I grew up traveling across our great nation in the back of a converted school bus, then later in life, I had two different Mitsubishi Montero's that I traveled in. Currently, I am about to lose my job and house (sorta a good thing :) ), and am in the process of liquidating most of my possessions and getting back on the road doing what I love. I'm currently trying to pick up this van (pics attached), 2002 Dodge Ram 3500. Started life out as a Verizon Tower Repair truck. Has a battery bank, solar panels on the roof, 240 AMP alternator, 5500 Watt Omen Generator, 13,500 BTU Dometic AC, LED lights all around, and tons of new parts on it. Batteries can be charged from Gen, Solar or Alternator, so I'll have plenty of power. I plan on taking out all the metal shelving, and adding in a Dometic frig, bed, sink, outdoor shower, ARB awning, and a bunch more. I'll be on a very limited budget starting out, which is why I chose this van. Usually, the most expensive conversion to any vehicle besides mechanical (engine, drivetrain, etc) is the power. Thankfully, this van has all that already built in. Eventually, I'll add a 2 or 3 inch lift and add a 4x4 conversion to it as well. Would love to hear from others that have vans on how it's working out for you and any tips or ideas before I start building it out. Thanks and happy to be here :) 51611039_1949243745198416_4043980028675883008_n.jpg51849548_1949243818531742_4561532826318536704_n.jpg51946481_1949243781865079_11847585681637376_n.jpg51962908_1949245655198225_1795050949656444928_n.jpgIMG_20190320_181229112_HDR.jpgIMG_20190320_181243451.jpgIMG_20190320_181258341.jpgIMG_20190320_181302246.jpgIMG_20190320_181306028.jpgIMG_20190320_181348923.jpgIMG_20190320_181447727.jpgIMG_20190320_181451824.jpg

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Cheers,
Rob
Welcome from Utah. Reach out to me with any questions you may have. Let me know when you will be in my area and I would love to show you around.

Last edited:

RatherBSnowboarding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sandpoint, ID, USA
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Daniel. I recently quit my job, put my house on the market and bought a Patriot Campers X1. For the past ten years ish I have been working hard and living in the Low Country of South Carolina and am now relocating to northern Idaho. Over the next month or so I will be taking the back roads across the country while I wait for the snow to melt on my property at my final destination.

My Rig: Is a 2018 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins stock with 35" BFG KO2 DT, towing a Patriot Campers X1GT. AEV front bumper with winch to come.

My Location: In a few months will be Bonner County Idaho.

My Experience: I would call intermediate. For the past ten years there has not been much adventure in my life and prior to that I don't think Overlanding was a term used much in the US but I have done a weeks long trip to Baja (before passports were required) and explored many areas in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and others. I can't wait to start again a little older and a little wiser. Well, I'm defiantly older.

Please feel free to reach out and I will look forward to seeing you all on the trail.

Daniel

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Daniel. I recently quit my job, put my house on the market and bought a Patriot Campers X1. For the past ten years ish I have been working hard and living in the Low Country of South Carolina and am now relocating to northern Idaho. Over the next month or so I will be taking the back roads across the country while I wait for the snow to melt on my property at my final destination.

My Rig: Is a 2018 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins stock with 35" BFG KO2 DT, towing a Patriot Campers X1GT. AEV front bumper with winch to come.

My Experience: I would call intermediate. For the past ten years there has not been much adventure in my life and prior to that I don't think Overlanding was a term used much in the US but I have done a weeks long trip to Baja (before passports were required) and explored many areas in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and others. I can't wait to start again a little older and a little wiser. Well, I'm defiantly older.

Please feel free to reach out and I will look forward to seeing you all on the trail.

Daniel

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Planning a trip, tell us about it. Have questions? Many here to help!
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!

Last edited:
Reactions: RatherBSnowboarding

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello All!

My name is Patrick "Razorwalker" Lynch. I'm currently living in Franklin, NC. I am 44 years old and have been overlanding on and off my entire life. I grew up traveling across our great nation in the back of a converted school bus, then later in life, I had two different Mitsubishi Montero's that I traveled in. Currently, I am about to lose my job and house (sorta a good thing :) ), and am in the process of liquidating most of my possessions and getting back on the road doing what I love. I'm currently trying to pick up this van (pics attached), 2002 Dodge Ram 3500. Started life out as a Verizon Tower Repair truck. Has a battery bank, solar panels on the roof, 240 AMP alternator, 5500 Watt Omen Generator, 13,500 BTU Dometic AC, LED lights all around, and tons of new parts on it. Batteries can be charged from Gen, Solar or Alternator, so I'll have plenty of power. I plan on taking out all the metal shelving, and adding in a Dometic frig, bed, sink, outdoor shower, ARB awning, and a bunch more. I'll be on a very limited budget starting out, which is why I chose this van. Usually, the most expensive conversion to any vehicle besides mechanical (engine, drivetrain, etc) is the power. Thankfully, this van has all that already built in. Eventually, I'll add a 2 or 3 inch lift and add a 4x4 conversion to it as well. Would love to hear from others that have vans on how it's working out for you and any tips or ideas before I start building it out. Thanks and happy to be here :) View attachment 90396View attachment 90397View attachment 90398View attachment 90399View attachment 90400View attachment 90401View attachment 90402View attachment 90403View attachment 90404View attachment 90405View attachment 90406View attachment 90407
Looks awesome! Welcome!

SFarrell

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reservoir, North, Newport News, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Farrell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4WMF
Hello,

Glad to be here. I'm probably an oddball compared to most:

1) Not an offroader... yet:

2) Newport News, VA

3) 2017 VW GTI, but looking at 2016 and up Wranglers, 4Runners, and Tacomas...

4) I'm a total novice, but mechanically-inclined and prep-oriented. I'm a 30-year Coast Guard veteran. I off-roaded a '93 Pathfinder on easy trails and beaches in the 1990s. But I didn't keep the truck for long. I've only camped a few times as an adult, most recently was about two years ago on an overnight bicycle ride. I've been inspired by Overland Lifestyle to get out and see/do more. My wife and I are watching their series now. I'm a road warrior and enjoy driving tours. We'll start off with car-camping just to learn how to camp again, especially TOGETHER. :wink: We'll start at a nearby campground, then one that's about 100 miles away, then we'll do some camping road trips. Once we have a system for camping, then we'll look into getting a rig that can take us where our VWs cannot. I guess that's backwards compared to others here. Will we be "microlanding?" :tonguewink:

Take Care,

Scott

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Daniel
Welcome Daniel! I'm in Western Washington so if your ever over here, hit me up!

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello! This seems like a great resource to gain some knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the magic called over-landing! When Snowageddon happened in the lovely Northewest recently I found myself falling in love with overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with some simple mods however more to come with time. Can anyone lead me to the regional ambassador for the Puget Sound area?

Thank you and enjoy the trail!View attachment 87491
Good looking rig! Welcome from Arkansas

Reactions: Cendee