Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone, My name is Jeff. I am Ready to get out and do some Overlanding!View attachment 89439
Welcome, @Jeff Lloyd! Sedro Wooley is such a great little town with access to lots of awesome trails in the Mt. Baker area! I'm actually down there frequently for work and I really love the community. Plus, it is the home of a great high end drawer manufacture, TruckVault. The PNW is the perfect place to put that nice FJ and RTT to use. You might want to head over to our NorthWest Region forums [link] and say hello there as well. That is where we do planning for events our adventures. As we organize things, they get posted up on our Rally Point System [link] so I recommend keeping an eye on that.

I look forward to getting to meet up with you in person and have you join in on our adventures. if you need anything, please feel free to send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: Mypalsupes

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hi there everyone, my name is Charlie and I live in Novato California. I’ve always made it a priority to get outdoors as much as possible. It even lead me to get rid of the old office tie one fateful day 15 years ago and pursue a job as a park ranger so I could be outdoors as much as possible. View attachment 89387

My newest priority in life are my two young boys. I want them to be able to experience the same amazing childhood that I did so that’s why I and making it a point to get them out adventuring at an early age. Camping has always been a love of mine but I am finding the campgrounds to be a little stuffy these days so overlanding has become the obvious choice to go out and experience new adventures with the family.

It’s amazing to see a community like this come together with a shared passion. I’m so impressed by the amount of time and energy people spend making their overlanding vehicles tailored to the type of experience they want to have in the great outdoors. As for me right, My stock 2015 Tacoma does the job I need it to. My main priority is to get the family out of town and crowded campgrounds and into a more adventuresome great outdoors. As I learn more and connect with other people, I’m sure our truck and adventures will change with time.

Happy Trails

View attachment 89387
I agree with you Charlie! Spend as much time with your boys when they are young, I spent more time at work while my boys were younger then I should have, however the times I did are some of the most memrable cherished times to date. Welcome to the comminuty!

Greaslife

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi I'm Josh. I live in wildomar CA. (InlandEmpire) I have a couple of rigs .I
just got a 2k13 F-150 two weeks ago still stock but not for long.
Next is a 2k13 DR650se that's all set up for ADV .
And last is my 4seat Baja. It's more of a desert car but set up to head south of the border. Here is a picture of them.
Oh yah I'm not a total nob but can get myself into trouble quick.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
And last is my 4seat Baja. It's more of a desert car but set up to head south of the border. Here is a picture of them.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to meet you. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

jbullock78

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arlington, VA, USA
Member #

Welcome James!

Also In Arlington, VA. And we’ve got quite a few members in the local (NOVA) area.

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message @Hank Outdoors, @Wawa Skittletits, or me.

Here are some other useful links:

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Awesome!
I will subscribe to the thread!
Thanks for the shout out.
James

Reactions: Mypalsupes

tuner4life

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello from North Central Indiana. I'll admit that I've never done any significant off-roading in my life, and the thought of camping outdoors has always seemed daunting to me. Well after seeing first hand some of the adventures that overlanding has brought, I was hooked! . Hoping to get out and explore more especially as my 2 sons get a little older. We picked up a 2003 LX470 recently and have been catching up the maintenance, should be starting on the overland build soon.

Glad to be a part of this community! So many great ideas and inspiration.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from North Central Indiana. I'll admit that I've never done any significant off-roading in my life, and the thought of camping outdoors has always seemed daunting to me. Well after seeing first hand some of the adventures that overlanding has brought, I was hooked! . Hoping to get out and explore more especially as my 2 sons get a little older. We picked up a 2003 LX470 recently and have been catching up the maintenance, should be starting on the overland build soon.

Glad to be a part of this community! So many great ideas and inspiration.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: tuner4life

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Great looking vehicles!

Lazysloth817

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello all!

My name is Stephen...I don't have a rig as of yet but my old 08 Avalanche 2WD has taken my wife and I on a lot of adventures. It's my turn for a new vehicle when we get one so I'm hoping to have something to play with in the somewhat near future. I may also possibly try to rescue a '89 Grand Wagoneer that belonged to my late aunt and has just been sitting in a field on family property.

We recently moved to SW Colorado from Houston and are excited to start exploring! I've been lurking on the boards for a little bit and thought I should jump in. Excited to be here and learn from everyone's trial and errors!

Greaslife

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all!

My name is Stephen...I don't have a rig as of yet but my old 08 Avalanche 2WD has taken my wife and I on a lot of adventures. It's my turn for a new vehicle when we get one so I'm hoping to have something to play with in the somewhat near future. I may also possibly try to rescue a '89 Grand Wagoneer that belonged to my late aunt and has just been sitting in a field on family property.

We recently moved to SW Colorado from Houston and are excited to start exploring! I've been lurking on the boards for a little bit and thought I should jump in. Excited to be here and learn from everyone's trial and errors!
Welcome I'm new as well.

Reactions: Lazysloth817

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Lazysloth817
Hey hey!
My name is William. I am happy to be here.

1) From Brooklyn, NY. Reside in Kansas City.
2) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon / GOBI/Rancho 2" Progressive Sport Lift / OR-Fab front bumper / TrailFX rack / 35" toyo MT
3) Expert wheeling and camping experience (Retired military). Fairly new to the world of "Overland".

Looking forward to a lot of amazing trips and meeting cool people. I am a proud member of Kansas City Overlanders.

Attachments

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hey hey!

2) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon / GOBI/Rancho 2" Progressive Sport Lift / OR-Fab front bumper / TrailFX rack / 35" toyo MT
3) Expert wheeling and camping experience (Retired military). Fairly new to the world of "Overland".

Looking forward to a lot of amazing trips and meeting cool people. I am a proud member of Kansas City Overlanders.

Hey William, welcome to the group, and nice rig!!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi, I am Waka and I live in Tucson Az
Welcome, @Waka! I knew we'd get you on here at some point! I encourage you to consider creating a built thread documenting your trailer build. I think a bunch of people here would be interested in seeing how it was built and watching it evolve as the suspension work continues!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey hey!

Welcome!

Reactions: Zachgreen36