Renard Thomas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Santa Clarita, CA 91354
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Hello Kent,

It sounds like you have a nice setup. We have a similar build except yours is a lot newer. Our 1996 Cherokee Sport 2wd has a 3.5" lift, 31X10.50 R15 BFG KO 2s, 4.10 gears with a limited slip, upgraded steel front and rears bumpers with winch and tire carrier. We imagine that as we grow in our adventures and overlanding travel we are going to outgrow it too. But then we get to build another Rig for new adventures. What are you thinking about building for your next rig?

Best Regards,
Renard

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

J-P

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Jp
Last Name
Jerome
Member #

Hi Renard
I use a ground tent, had it for several years and it has served me well.
I would really like to get a hard shell roof top tent but pricing is prohibitive right now
it is a growing trend I find and as everything the more there will be offer the lower the prices.
2wd is very limited in these parts, lots of mountain regions and swamps or soft soil.
i dont have a winch yet so i stay very cautious about where i put my wheels, but i dont usually go off road alone, always a few friends close by with proper recovery gear hahaha

Renard Thomas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Santa Clarita, CA 91354
Member #

Hello JP,

We use either a 3 person backpacking tent, 6 men camping tent or sleep in the Jeep. It just depends on the adventure. I like the hardshell rooftop tents as well but pricing if too high for us right now. We are also considering a cargo box to make it easier to sleep inside the Jeep. Now that we are Overland Bound members I am sure we are going to meet a lot of people with all sorts of setups so I think that will really help figure out what we to do with the Jeep. I can see where the 2wd would be very limiting in those conditions. We are new to overlanding so we have some time before we grow out of our current Rig. When that happens we will have to decide what to do next. We try to go out with other people as well. We are hoping Overland Bound will help us meet more people to overland with.

Attachments

Callisto

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Enid, OK, USA
Member #

Hey everyone. Overlanding novice here. Based in Oklahoma. I go hiking and camping quite often, and realized some time ago how much I was missing out on by sticking to the "beaten path" on my trips around the US. Currently don't own what I would call an overlanding rig but have been looking for something a little more capable over the last month or so. I joined up because this seems like a great community to be a part of, looking forward to future trips and being a part of OB.

GrindGuy666

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vancleave, MS, USA
Member #

Hi folks I joined a few weeks back but have been super busy. So I wanted to say hello from Mississippi. Is there anyone that rides in my area of the gulfcoast? I drive a lifted 15 Subaru Forester, I ride trails as much as possible nothing extreme. I love being in the outdoors as much as possible when life permits.

Attachments

Zachgreen36

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lafayette, TN, USA
Member #

Hey everyone. Overlanding novice here. Based in Oklahoma. I go hiking and camping quite often, and realized some time ago how much I was missing out on by sticking to the "beaten path" on my trips around the US. Currently don't own what I would call an overlanding rig but have been looking for something a little more capable over the last month or so. I joined up because this seems like a great community to be a part of, looking forward to future trips and being a part of OB.
Welcome and nice to meet you

Reactions: Callisto

Callisto

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Enid, OK, USA
Member #

Greeting all I’m Jonathan “Chaoss”. I’m currently serving a military assignment in Tucson AZ. Great state to explore the outdoors and been doing the Offroad/overlanding for 3 years now. We have a 2011 Tacoma with a few upgrades and it is our source of unplugging from work and daily lives. Feel free to reach me if you are in the area, we love to meet new people.

Best,
Chaoss
If you have been based in Tuscon for any length of time I'm sure you have been to or heard of Madera Canyon. It is one of my favorite hikes.

Vagnarok

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rainworth
Hello from a new UK member.

I have been a serial offroader and 4x4 owner for the last 2 decades.

Previous rides have included Isuzu Trooper, Mercedes G230 LWB, VW T3 Syncro Doka, VW T3 Westfalia and a few lifted VW New Beetles.

Currently we own a VW T3 Syncro and a VW T4 Syncro LWB. I am also lifting a rare Skoda Felicia Fun pickup.

I have attached a few pics.

We have travelled all over the UK and Europe in our T3's with light offroading and lots of camping. Anything from an overnighter to 3 weeks in a tent or van.

Our plan for 2019 is to sell out T3 Syncro and get the T4 converted and prepped for offroad use.

I sell lift conversion parts as well as aftermarket VW performance parts and do a lot of the work myself.

Our dream is to prep the T4 to be capable off grid and for our slowly developing outdoor lifestyle business to move towards offering a more environmentally responsible range of products.

Really looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with other members.

Joined as a full member now #17317 too [emoji846]

PaulFB_IMG_1445817481762.jpegIMG_20160117_160435135.jpegFB_IMG_1491866258139.jpeg20181229_134505.jpeg

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check out the Reno meet-up they are a very active group.
Gregg from Reno, NV. Originally from South Carolina, former Army, married with 2 adventurous daughters. I've owned 4x4's all my life but never a Jeep until recently...2016 JKU Rubicon. I've done a lot of overland trips using quads...loaded to the gills...lol. I'm moving away from them and towards overland trips with the Jeep which will be better for the whole family. I'm looking forward to linking up with others in the Reno / Northern California area for some fun trips.+
welcome to OverlandBound!!
There’s a great meetup in Reno you should check out. Also, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to @HappyOurOverlanding who is the Reno area Member Representative. You can also reach out to me @Narbob.

Renard Thomas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Santa Clarita, CA 91354
Member #

Hi all:

1. Irvine, CA (Orange County Area / Southern CA)
  2. 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 10A / Anvil / AEV 3.5" lift, AEV bumpers, / Gobi rack / 35" tires
  3. Novice overland experience. Occasional overnight desert trips in the past. No serious off-roading yet

Looking forward to some amazing trips, meeting new people, and getting out there. Anyone live near me, hit me up, lets plan a trip or do some recovery practice at Holy Jims or something.

@irvinemike
Welcome to the group! I am new as well. AEV makes awesome equipment. It is well engineered and made! We are not that close but maybe close enough to go out wheeling sometime.

Reactions: Vagnarok and Narbob

Renard Thomas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Santa Clarita, CA 91354
Member #

Hi folks I joined a few weeks back but have been super busy. So I wanted to say hello from Mississippi. Is there anyone that rides in my area of the gulfcoast? I drive a lifted 15 Subaru Forester, I ride trails as much as possible nothing extreme. I love being in the outdoors as much as possible when life permits.
Check out these Subarus! They were some really well-built Rigs, especially the Forester!

Attachments

J-P

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Jp
Last Name
Jerome
Member #

Hello JP,

We use either a 3 person backpacking tent, 6 men camping tent or sleep in the Jeep. It just depends on the adventure. I like the hardshell rooftop tents as well but pricing if too high for us right now. We are also considering a cargo box to make it easier to sleep inside the Jeep. Now that we are Overland Bound members I am sure we are going to meet a lot of people with all sorts of setups so I think that will really help figure out what we to do with the Jeep. I can see where the 2wd would be very limiting in those conditions. We are new to overlanding so we have some time before we grow out of our current Rig. When that happens we will have to decide what to do next. We try to go out with other people as well. We are hoping Overland Bound will help us meet more people to overland with.
If you ever come around Montreal Quebec, hit me up I will show you a few good spots with my group, lots of breath taking nature here in the province! here are other pics of my ''in the works'' ride892448924589246

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi guys, happy to be a member
My name is Jean Pierre but you can all call me JP. I am from Montreal Canada and I drive (daily and trail) a 2016 GMC Canyon all terrain edition with duramax engine
Love my diesel truck (4 cyl) it has lots of torque and very capable in the snow.
Associated with Overland Montreal as an admin. Love camping, fishing and meeting great people from all around the globe
Talk to you soon or hit me up if you have questions
Hi there JP! Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Central Region!

Here is a link to a meetup coming up in your area: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/montreal-area-meetup-2/

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.
When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Central (QC ON)

Reactions: Chaoss and J-P

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello guys and girls! New member here my name is Zach I'm originally from Middleburg FL currently living in Lafayette, TN with my wife and 4 kids and this is our 2008 jeep Wrangler jku named "RAGNAR" and we are slowly transforming our jeep to an overland vehicleView attachment 89147

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m a newbie. Kevin Frank from Lancaster, OH. My overland vehicle is a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 with lots of goodies. Novice to OverLanding, not camping or outdoors. Great way to do it all together.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Chaoss

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greeting all I’m Jonathan “Chaoss”. I’m currently serving a military assignment in Tucson AZ. Great state to explore the outdoors and been doing the Offroad/overlanding for 3 years now. We have a 2011 Tacoma with a few upgrades and it is our source of unplugging from work and daily lives. Feel free to reach me if you are in the area, we love to meet new people.

Best,
Chaoss

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in your area.
Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien

Reactions: Chaoss

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, happy to be a member
My name is Jean Pierre but you can all call me JP. I am from Montreal Canada and I drive (daily and trail) a 2016 GMC Canyon all terrain edition with duramax engine
Love my diesel truck (4 cyl) it has lots of torque and very capable in the snow.
Associated with Overland Montreal as an admin. Love camping, fishing and meeting great people from all around the globe
Talk to you soon or hit me up if you have questions
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: J-P