Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Indiana! I hail from Columbus, specifically. I've been lurking for a few weeks on the site to get my bearings, etc. It really is an awesome site and community you guys/we have here. Looking forward to being part of it!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all we are from the middle Tennessee area. We have a 2012 Nissan pathfinder r51. Just finished a 2 in lift and we are pretty much, beginners. Just paid for gaia gps and was brought to this site trying to figure out how to find places to go offroad in our area. I also plan on doing a yearly trip in sections of the tat but not sure if I can go with waypoints now that I have gaia. Any help instructions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!
I’m new to overlanding, really new, but have always been an outdoors person. I joined to learn more as well as look for support and I begin my build. I do a fair amount of hiking, biking, kayaking etc. and I been on various camping adventures, whether tent, trailer or even hammock. I now hope to enjoy the trails and outdoors in a new way! Happy to be here and read all about others adventures, gear lists and builds.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here’s my short intro. The name is Ben. From South Louisiana. I’ve been interested in overlanding for some time now. My rig is a stock 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 Hemi with some Toyo R/Ts. Originally the truck was purchased to pull a travel trailer but a few recent trips (Arkansas/Oklahoma) View attachment 88054with out the trailer took me off the beaten path on some semi managed off road trails. Not interested in crazy rough trails just looking to see more great views and places that conventional traveled roads won’t take me. Looking to do an early June trip up to Colorado Springs area. I found this forum and thought I’d give it a shot to see what’s out there.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

When you travel to CO don't hesitate to reach out to OB members on your way.

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Formally introducing myself.

Adam, from Caruthersville, MO (extreme southeast part of the state). Current rig is a copper brown 2015 Wrangler JKU, fairly new to overlanding - done one trip in Arkansas (High Water Mark trail), one in the Ozarks near Van Buren, MO, and several trips in the LBL area of Kentucky. Looking forward to a lot more.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24

Also watch for the announcement of our Overland Bound Southeast Rally that will be this summer in northern Arkansas.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Making my introduction!

My name is Chris, and I live off the coast in TX on Galveston island. I have a 2wd 1500 ram that has been a really nice blank canvas for all of my ridiculous ideas. I sold my 2012 JKU on 35s when i was laid off, and picked this truck up. Sometimes i regret not doing 4x4, but coming from jeeps i know what the truck should and should not be doing. I decided to lift it about 5 months ago, since the island im on loves to flood. (It was 2/5 dropped when i moved here... no go for the flooding.)
I was building a squaredrop camper, for doing some semi-remote camping. I worked on it for about 1.5 years, started it when i had my JKU as a solution for the low tow rating. To make that story short, the weekend maiden voyage trip ended up being the first and last time i ever used the camper. The coupling failed and the trailer bounced off my dad's truck and flipped a few times into a ditch.

After taking a few months to lick my wounds, i picked up a camper shell for the truck and have slowly planned on moving a lot of the camp goodies from the trailer to the truck. I have a layout planned for the rear that is a removable sleep setup, and want to use the truck for impromptu primitve camping when i take off on wheel trips with buddies.

i joined to lurk and search through the tons and tons of info here, and get some ideas for how to move forward on my build. cant wait to get some time under my belt on this forum. Here are a few pics of the rig!

This pic is sorta a joke, my buddy is a big fan of REI so i had to drive my "overland setup" there to mess with him.

The ole camper (may she rest in peace)

the interior

I'm currently planning out a custom rack on the shell that i can't wait to get some opinions on from the forums. Thanks for having me!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: dearchristopher

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All:

I'm Page, from Austin, TX but just moved to Arlington, VA after nearly two decades in SoCal. My family and I overlanded almost exclusively between SoCal and the Badlands of S Dakota as we moved across the country this past summer; it was an epic trip!

I've ridden bicycles, and motorcycles all over the U.S., Europe and North Africa. I've driven in a lot in the American Southwest, and a little on the East Coast. I've flown in a lot of places around the world.

I'm back to a point in my life where I have free time to explore interests that I try to align with spending time with my wife and kids; I feel Overlanding is a quality venue for this. I look forward to traveling and learning from the avid group in Northern VA. What I've seen so far is a nearly endless amount of trail, both in technical difficulty and topographic diversity in my region.

I've viewed forums for many, many years and just recently started to contribute. Still fumbling through phone vs laptop for interface / etiquette and style, but hell I'm more interested in the driving so apologies if I'm clumsy...

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2018 TRD OFF ROAD Tacoma
Experience: Novice looking to change that this summer.

New ARB bumper and looking for suggestion on suspension

Also I’m new to forums so struggle through this.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there fellow outlanders,

Im jake, originally from SC, living in north Carolina, and currently overseas for a while. My rig is a 2007 jeep JKU and I have a ton of experience in the offroading realm and trail riding, as far as outlanding, Im sure im what most would call a novice. Glad to be involved in the community and cant wait to get home and start giving back.View attachment 88002View attachment 88003

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are located in Northern Virginia. I have grown up spending a lot of time in the outdoors and especially in wilderness locations backpacking, canoeing, or kayaking. As I look back, we almost always got to these areas in a car (vehicle), camping along the way. I am looking forward to learning from this community as we continue our adventures! Our current rig is 2010 FJ Cruiser TT. Mostly stock at the moment. (Photo is from Overland Expo East 2018, courtesy of Space Coast Adventures!)

Reactions: ShawnM

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 87992

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike and I am not new to overlanding and off-roading. Took a 8 year break and got back I to it last year. Currently I’m working on outfitting and building up my new to me 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport. Hit me up if your anywhere around Orange County, CA and maybe we can hits some trails and camp.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director you are in the West Region.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member here:

Rig: 2016 Tacoma, DCOR 3-pedal. Stock for now but I'm going to start building a trail worthy 'rig' this month.

Overland XP: very little. Excited to head out to the eastern sierras later this month!

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area if you are interested, it is on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
Reoccurring - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting - 02/12/2019

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
new here just wanted to say hi, my name is Rob I'm in Calgary AB Canada

I just picked up a 2019 crosstrek and hope to hit some trails with it.

i have zero overlanding experience however I do have an extensive autox / time attack background with my FD RX7

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Prairie Provences Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 87862 Hey everyone! My name is John, from Mesa, Arizona, USA. Have a 1999 Ford E-350 Super Duty 4x4 van that started life as a $500 beater that my wife and I have built into a 4x4 overlanding rig in the last year. Looking forward to making some new friends (there has to be some locals on here!) and enjoying some adventure with our new rig. Here is a photo from our February expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, following the original 1914 Metz expedition route.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hello, I’m Jared. Just joined and excited to start hitting some trails. Just recently purchased my 5th Gen 4Runner and can’t wait to see how it does. I’m definitely not new to the offroad scene, but discovered the world of overlanding and it’s right up my alley. I am from NW Pennsylvania but plan to make some trips all over to see the country. But, I am definitely not opposed to some trips in my home state.
Welcome to the group. No doubt your 4Runner will take you where you want to go! Have a look at the 4Runner Owners Registry thread and other threads for lots of cool Runner builds and info.

Reactions: jishman1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I am Nino, from the bay area (Tampa Bay).This is my first post as I just joined today. I've done lots of camping, but very little "overlanding" with my own vehicle (2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport). I just completed my own version of an offroad trailer. I call it a "Roverlander" because I plan to travel with my dog (and I built-it some features only a dog would appreciate). I look forward to meeting up with you, especially if you're from the Florida area.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, newbie here to the Overland forum

1. Picture - see my profilee
  2. Location - OKC, OK
  3. Rig 2002 Ford Excursion
  4. Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

We're an adventure minded family of 5, looking forward to meeting like minded folks! Love the outdoors, camping, and sitting around a good fire.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Brad. New to this forum, i have a 2018 Tacoma OR love it. Always had keeps and did trail rides, trying to camp out a 2 door JK and be able to haul things around the house proved to be tough. So I picked up the Tacoma. Never called myself a overlander or go over landing. We have a ground tent and do a lot of camping and kayaking. This truck will be the first one I’m going to set up as a camping rig, hopefully get another jk in my future. I’m from Baton Rouge Louisiana. Got a small road trip coming up in June so figured this would be a good place to start for some places when we finished up the planning.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, L8BRAKR155 here!!
St. Louis metro Illinois
2005 Explorer xlt
Brand new to overlanding

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
I am from Perth Western australia,
We have some great 4x4 destinations both nearby and ones that will make very very long trips around 4,000kms.

My background comes from the country growing up with Hilux Utes and a d40 Nissan navara. My dad is a Volvo freak and currently has 4 Volvo's, one of which is his daily driver xc70 new from 2007, it has 280,000kms all of which hes done. This is my main inspiration to grab a cheap xc70 they go for between $2000-5000 AUD here which is a bargain project car.

I'm planning to do the bad Swede 2" lift with new Bilstein shocks, new contract arm bushings, full driver minor servicing, bash plates, a muffler delete, and maybe if the budget allows a tune as I would like some better fuel economy considering the extra weight and tyres I'll be running. Also better low down torque for on trails would be great to make the car behave more like a turbo diesel, yet still have good high revving power for on the pavement.

The main use for the car will be a daily driver albeit I only have to drive about 100km max per week for work, and then I use public transport to get to university. Then once a week I'm looking to do an overnight trip out on the tracks, which are either sand dunes/beaches, or steep Rocky Forrest terrain in the nearby hills. In winter we get lots of mud and bog holes but absolutely no snow which is sad.

My other car at the moment is a 1974 Volvo 164 on air bags with a Toyota 1jz swap making 340hp I have plans to soon get this tuned with a new ECU and to fix a few minor problems, this should see around 450hp - 500hp if I'm lucky. This car attracts alot of attention and is a joy to drive however it already drinks fuel, and soon with my new 264 duration cams it will be kept only for occasional weekends and car club meets.

I'm keen to get stuck into this Volvo project mainly to prove a lot of arrogant Toyota fan boy 4x4 cowboys wrong about the haldex awd system, yes it is a slip to grip electronic system but people heavily underestimate what it can do.

Just awaiting the sale of my current daily VW Jetta TDI to go out and purchase the lucky girl.

I will definitely be making a build thread and would appreciate any input and recommendations.

Cheers

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members
Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!
Your closest Director is @Luis Merlo

Reactions: Luis Merlo