Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Clodo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yes, I agree but I cant have much fun if I bang up a valuable rig that has to be worked on for a week before I can go again. If the rig is built it doesn't make much difference what it looks like as long as it does the job you ask it to do. When you have a rig that has a specific use, it may not be as useful for the everyday drive. There is a happy medium I think and that is where I want to be. I'm not about to ask my rig to do something it wasn't designed to do. I don't plan to do any radical things myself but I want to go just about anywhere others can go as a group. I'm not young enough to be out there in the wilderness by myself so that wont happen either. I like the way member No. 0000 and his wife Amanda use their rig. Have you watched any of their expeditions ?

100% agreed I think my current rig will end up being the transporter! And you are right I’m not into some serious rock crawling or anything fancy I just want to make it out there and keep up.

I have not yet been able to watch much on YouTube I stumbled across overland bound looking for some overlanding podcasts and saw they even have an episode with Ronny Dahl Will but will definitely make a marathon out of the video playlists.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Making my introduction!

My name is Chris, and I live off the coast in TX on Galveston island. I have a 2wd 1500 ram that has been a really nice blank canvas for all of my ridiculous ideas. I sold my 2012 JKU on 35s when i was laid off, and picked this truck up. Sometimes i regret not doing 4x4, but coming from jeeps i know what the truck should and should not be doing. I decided to lift it about 5 months ago, since the island im on loves to flood. (It was 2/5 dropped when i moved here... no go for the flooding.)
I was building a squaredrop camper, for doing some semi-remote camping. I worked on it for about 1.5 years, started it when i had my JKU as a solution for the low tow rating. To make that story short, the weekend maiden voyage trip ended up being the first and last time i ever used the camper. The coupling failed and the trailer bounced off my dad's truck and flipped a few times into a ditch.

After taking a few months to lick my wounds, i picked up a camper shell for the truck and have slowly planned on moving a lot of the camp goodies from the trailer to the truck. I have a layout planned for the rear that is a removable sleep setup, and want to use the truck for impromptu primitve camping when i take off on wheel trips with buddies.

i joined to lurk and search through the tons and tons of info here, and get some ideas for how to move forward on my build. cant wait to get some time under my belt on this forum. Here are a few pics of the rig!

This pic is sorta a joke, my buddy is a big fan of REI so i had to drive my "overland setup" there to mess with him.

The ole camper (may she rest in peace)

the interior

I'm currently planning out a custom rack on the shell that i can't wait to get some opinions on from the forums. Thanks for having me!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey everyone! I’m Omar I’m looking to get back into camping and outdoors still trying to figure out how good an option it is to use my current rig, I look forward to get more knowledge and tips from y’all!!

Rig: 2015 Silverado 3500HD
Experience: intermediate
check this video out for some ideas from Overland Expo 2019. Watch the 4 minute section for Michael..

Reactions: Cendee

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, New here. Looking to build my 18 Ram 2500 and learn new things. Interested in buying an Xventure Trailer too lol.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

T4R-Josh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kenosha, WI, USA
Member #

Well, I joined and it's time to introduce myself... and test out the forum. I am certainly a "novice", I have only owned two 4x4 vehicles, both icons. I previously had a Mercedes G500 Gelandewagen, which proved too unreliable to own. I've moved on to a 2018 Toyota 4Runner. Contrary to most on the forum here, I am sure, mine is a Limited. It will do 90% duty on-road, and therefore Limited. The permanent 4WD is key in WI. I plan to take it on some off-road trails, and some camping as soon as possible, so anyone in the area please by all means reach out. I will also be taking a trip or two west this year, likely Glacier National Park and Colorado. I already have a TMT rack in the garage waiting to install, as well as a James Baroud Voyager RTT. The forum will not allow me to add a link to the photos of the T4R until I have posted more, so... there's that. I guess next post?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello, New here. Looking to build my 18 Ram 2500 and learn new things. Interested in buying an Xventure Trailer too lol.
Hello and Welcome to Overland Bound... Good place to get some good ideas is coming up soon at the Overland Expo West held in Flagstaff AZ. beginning on Friday May 17th. A lot of the gang from your area will be there as well I am sure. Happy "bumping along"...

Here is a web site with a calendar of events in my area in case you get over this way..
https://nm4w.org/calendar/

An Evil Gator

Rank I

Enthusiast I

FL, USA
Hi I'm Brian. I'm not new to four wheeling, but new to overlanding. I've owned several Broncos and a Nissan D10 for mostly trail riding in Florida. I came across some overlanding videos on youtube and it got me really excited about exploring out west. I'm looking to learn about all the tricks and nuances of overlanding and hopefully head out west for an adventure. Looking forward to exploring the forums!

Trek_tread

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Bohnert
Member #

Morning/afternoon everyone! I’m Chris #16638, and this is my second venture into the offroad scene, but first into the overland world. I’ve been mostly involved in sports cars/imports most of my life so I’m quite familiar with doing all my own wrenching.

My current rig is an 04 Lexus GX470 that has had quite a bit of time/money/effort thrown at it and hopefully it shows.

I’m from the Menifee, CA area but you will likely see me in both Riverside/San Diego Counties! I’m really looking forward to getting involved with the community and seeing how far I can delve into the overland community.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello There!

I'm Casey Craven, I live in Western NC, USA. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Most (essentially all) of my "overland" experience involved me living out of an LAV 25 for 4 years. I've been more into rocks since I got this FJC, but I want to branch out.
Welcome Casey! Mike from Asheville here, hope to see you out there!

Sweet rig, by the way!

NE_WARRIOR

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bernardston, MA, USA
Member #

Hey everyone, Im Nick from Bernardston MA. I picked up my 2011 crewmax rock warrior tundra back in November and I've had a blast finally exploring the local trails around western MA. I'm in the process of getting to a point where I'd be comfortable on intermediate trails without damaging the truck. I have Lower control arm skids that I'm waiting to install and have plans for 35X12.5X17 ko2's, a plate bumper with better clearance, rock sliders, and full skids for the trans, transfer case, gas tank, and rear diff. When will I have the money for those? Probably not until late summer, but until then I like to go out and travel some easy trails. I've always loved camping out in the some random part of the woods and me and a couple friends usually go hike out to a spot to set up our hammocks but they'd rather hike because we don't know a lot of trails out here. Its my hope that by coming to this forum I can meet like minded people who can show me the ropes and maybe a few trails :wink:. I finally had the pleasure to meet another forum member from a tundra forum and It made me really happy to get in touch with another enthusiast. I hope to meet a lot of new people and travel to new places:smiley:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi Folks, someone at work told me about this forum today, so I'm here to check it out.

My last few overland trips have been split between my Toyota and my Volvo wagon:
Welcome, looks like you have it down pat. I'm not there yet but I only started last month. When your 84 you don't work too hard or too long at a time, but I'll get there sooner or later. Happy wading, tread lightly !

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Folks, someone at work told me about this forum today, so I'm here to check it out.

My last few overland trips have been split between my Toyota and my Volvo wagon:
Welcome to Overland Bound @OchocoChallenge. Sounds like you work with a really great person :laughing:! I would love to hear more about your Volvo build... that is intriguing. As I am sure you already know, the PNW is a great area for overlanding. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the region, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you don't mind a little drive, there is an event coming up on March 16th in Alsea, OR [link] that might interest you.

I make it down to Vancouver, WA periodically for work, so hopefully I will get a chance to meet you in person soon. If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello all! New to this fancy forum thing and new to overlanding. I just purchased my 2000 limited 4Runner and can’t wait to start dumping every dime I can into it! My brother in-law (he’s a Jeep guy) and I will be hitting some trails in north Georgia this summer.
Nice rig!IMG_20160904_190114_033.jpeg

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey everyone, Im Nick from Bernardston MA. I picked up my 2011 crewmax rock warrior tundra back in November and I've had a blast finally exploring the local trails around western MA. I'm in the process of getting to a point where I'd be comfortable on intermediate trails without damaging the truck. I have Lower control arm skids that I'm waiting to install and have plans for 35X12.5X17 ko2's, a plate bumper with better clearance, rock sliders, and full skids for the trans, transfer case, gas tank, and rear diff. When will I have the money for those? Probably not until late summer, but until then I like to go out and travel some easy trails. I've always loved camping out in the some random part of the woods and me and a couple friends usually go hike out to a spot to set up our hammocks but they'd rather hike because we don't know a lot of trails out here. Its my hope that by coming to this forum I can meet like minded people who can show me the ropes and maybe a few trails :wink:. I finally had the pleasure to meet another forum member from a tundra forum and It made me really happy to get in touch with another enthusiast. I hope to meet a lot of new people and travel to new places:smiley:
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: NE_WARRIOR

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OLB and the East Region!

UtahRnr

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Utah
Just introducing myself. I'm excited to get to know some other people who share my enthusiasm for the outdoors.

Driving a 2017 TRD Pro (Cement color) that I picked up last month. So I'm just getting started on my build. I'll post some photos once I hit the minimum post count.