First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Whats up everyone,
I’m super excited to be an Overland Bound Member. Ive always loved camping but never had a truck, I met my wife about 5 years ago and she did not really like camping that much. After going camping a couple times now she loves it, we bought a Jeep Wrangler and started upgrading our camping gear, and upgrading the Jeep.

View attachment 82502
Welcome Trusty JK!

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Hello everyone, new to the forum.
Rig: 77 Ford Bronco, heavily modified
Wife and I enjoy exploring back roads and camping pulling our small camper. Enjoy all types of trails from mild to extreme.
Welcome to the group Broncopaws!

VonTrapp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Von Trapp
Member #

Howdy! I'm Josh! Here's some of the bio basics. :grinning:

Oakland, CA.
Science Teacher
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) - DIESEL - 4x4 - Quadra-Lift - 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeaks
Just a life-long-camper who's looking to get more remote. New to the overloading experience.
Peace!

Lake Hemet, CA

Last edited:

BeastLobster

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seaford, Virginia
Member #

Roof rack....please give details.

Size dims
How many rack to roof feet attachments
How it attaches.....screw...bolt...rivit?
Brand
Price
Etc.......

How do you like it's quality....paint/powder coating

Accessory gear and brackets

Would you do anything different, if starting over? I have a extra cab, so I have a little less room to work with.

PS. Can you remove and replace it with reasonable help, in case it became necessary?

It's made by Surco. https://www.autoanything.com/roof-racks/surco-safari-roof-rack
I didn't order mine from there but that has all the parts. Mine is 50" by 60" sitting on two 53" crossbars with about 8 attachments to each crossbar I believe. Had to drill into the roof to mount the rails for the legs. I like it for what I've used it for so far. Definitely could use a better powder coating job but for the price it's great. I also ordered the flooring kit that Surco has for it because it only came with three or four stock.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Shloogan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hey Ya'll!

My Name is Logan and I'm from Wilmington, NC.

My Rig is a 1985 Jeep CJ7. She's a labor of love but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love to camp, backpack, hike, spend time at the beach and anything else that'll let me be outside. I'm pretty pumped to be a part of Overland Bound and I can't wait to hit up some of these meetups!

I'll be posting pictures of my rig soon... I just threw a 4in lift on her and she looks pretty silly with those 32's. Once she's got her new shoes I'll show her off to the world! Aka this forum.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Hey Ya'll!

My Rig is a 1985 Jeep CJ7. She's a labor of love but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love to camp, backpack, hike, spend time at the beach and anything else that'll let me be outside. I'm pretty pumped to be a part of Overland Bound and I can't wait to hit up some of these meetups!

I'll be posting pictures of my rig soon... I just threw a 4in lift on her and she looks pretty silly with those 32's. Once she's got her new shoes I'll show her off to the world! Aka this forum.
Welcome Logan

Reactions: Shloogan

Bucksoverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Doylestown, PA 18902, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Experience is little more than novice but not expert, family has done off road racing in Southern California and surrounding area. Mountain trails in SoCal, I am trying to get into the overland scene find some great trails and site to camp at in addition to some great people who enjoy the same, and teaching some of the novice overlanders.
Location: currently Jacksonville, NC however will be in Southern California in less than a year.
Vehicle: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, all stock for now. Looking at available additions to put on.
Expierence: Novice, some minor trails for hiking and off road racing.
Welcome!

Recon32

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana
Member #

Hi everyone. New guy here. Californian now in Indiana that drove a lifted Subaru WRX as my AWD fun vehicle for 16 years that finally gave out on me last summer. Picked up a double cab long bed Tacoma Off Road next. I love getting out to nature and am turning it into my camper vehicle with a shell and bed and insulation and lights. I can't wait to continue working on it and getting it dirty.
Whats up man, I am in Carmel. If you are interested in getting out for some trips or weekend camping, let me know!

Tacobelle

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Jose, CA, USA
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Ngoc (pronounced Knock). I'm from San Jose, CA. I recently picked up a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR. I'm really new to the offroad/overland scene but I have always been an outdoor enthusiast. ESP when it comes to backpacking, camping, mountain biking, etc. I've been following the overland bound scene for quite some time and I'm really excited to join the community and get out there!

Last edited:

jbd1111

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Zambia
Hi all,

I am Jbd and I live in Zambia, but am originally from Alabama. I drive a 1999 Land Cruiser, 1HZ, 105 series and just returned from a 4,000+K trip to Namibia. I look forward to the OB discussion. I will make sure to post a photo of my rig soon.

W G Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Georgia, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Midnightranger
Hello everyone I just join today I am waiting on my overland packet to arrive in about 2 wk I am a retired Army Ranger I love the out doors .My vehicle is a 2007 h2 hummer An I am looking forward to see everyone out on an adventure

W G Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Georgia, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Midnightranger
What up guy you a long way from home but I love where you live now I can only imagine the over-landing you must be doing in that country

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Ngoc (pronounced Knock). I'm from San Jose, CA. I recently picked up a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR. I'm really new to the offroad/overland scene but I have always been an outdoor enthusiast. ESP when it comes to backpacking, camping, mountain biking, etc. I've been following the overland bound scene for quite some time and I'm really excited to join the community and get out there!
Hello Sir, Welcome to the community. I look forward to your future posts.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! I'm Josh! Here's some of the bio basics. :grinning:

Oakland, CA.
Science Teacher
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) - DIESEL - 4x4 - Quadra-Lift - 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeaks
Just a life-long-camper who's looking to get more remote. New to the overloading experience.
Peace!

Lake Hemet, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: VonTrapp

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Ya'll!

Cant wait to see the pictures.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Shloogan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I am Jbd and I live in Zambia, but am originally from Alabama. I drive a 1999 Land Cruiser, 1HZ, 105 series and just returned from a 4,000+K trip to Namibia. I look forward to the OB discussion. I will make sure to post a photo of my rig soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound! We look forward to hearing about your expedition.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding