Member Introductions *New Members Start Here* | Page 746 | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Member Introductions *New Members Start Here*

Discussion in 'New Members Start Here!' started by Lifestyle Overland, Sep 3, 2015.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Jedi

Jedi NorthWest Region Representative
    Moderator Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    K6JDI
    Map
    Welcome to Overland Bound @orange_glo! The Portland/Vancouver area is filled with lots of active members, so meeting your neighbors and getting on the trails won't be too hard.

I highly recommend heading over to our NorthWest Region forum [link] to find out more about what is going on in the area. I know that there was a little bit of a break from the monthly meetups because the previous organizer had to address some personal issues. Hopefully, someone new will step up and get the group together again.

Something that may be of interest to you is to join in on the weekly Overland Bound Ham Radio Net which takes place on Friday evenings via Echolink [link].

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Brentc17 and Wilbo like this.
  2. KonzaLander

KonzaLander Rank I

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KE0EBF
    Map
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20181222163928366_COVER.jpg

Name is Brett and I am a new member here from Kansas with my 99 Land Cruiser and a few Jeeps. I've been exploring backroads since my first trip to Colorado in 1999 and wouldn't label myself as experienced since I learn something new every trip.

3. Pat McCrotch

Pat McCrotch Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    1) Sorry No pic of my rig yet
    2) Santa Maria Ca
    3) 2018 Tacoma (Taco Power)
    4) I would consider my self novice to overland, I have done off roading but not like this.
    Let the fun begin.

Hank Outdoors, Kent R, Wilbo and 3 others like this.
  4. GhostRunner

GhostRunner Rank 0

Member #:

Hi guys and gals. New member here from TN and just wanted to say hi. I have lurked here for awhile and decided to pull the trigger. Many thanks to all!

Hank Outdoors, Kent R, Wilbo and 3 others like this.
  5. Magic Mike

Magic Mike Rank V

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KM6YKV
    Map
    Welcome to Overland Bound. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet-ups....

GhostRunner likes this.
  6. Matt Light

Matt Light Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    Howdy, New Member here living in Los Alamos, NM. I'm driving a 2018 Jeep JK 2 Dr.

IMG_1380.JPG

7. JustDriveBro

JustDriveBro Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Hey everyone! I'm new to OB but not exactly new to overlanding, I've been doing it for a few years now without even knowing that it's a thing! So I'm super greatful to see lots of other people interested in it as well. My rig, I currently have a 2016 f150 ecoboost 2.7L wit a 6.5' bed. I have made a few mods to it, I really enjoy making things myself so a lot of my upgrades are DIY and there are a lot more builds to come in the future!!!

8. JustDriveBro

JustDriveBro Rank I

Member #:

Map
    I know there are a lot of places to go in norcal, I'm from Grass valley but currently live in Chico, if anyone knows of a cool 2 or 3 day route that goes between some of the small mountain towns on back roads that's what I'm trying to find for a good weekend trip!!

Kent R, Aussie571 and Magic Mike like this.
  9. Wilbo

Wilbo Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    Hi everyone Just became a OB member today. Really looking forward to meeting some people and learning everything I can to do some adventuring.

1) Located in Port St. Lucie, FL
    3) Rig is a still stock 2018 TRD off road Tacoma.
    4) Overlanding Experience, I am for sure a novice. I have done some offroading when I was younger.

Attached Files:

10. Konabird

Konabird Rank 0

Map
    Hey folks my names Ethan, im 32 live in san diego and have a 2001 manual forester. I dont have much done to my ride so far but plan on building it up pretty good and keeping it forever.!

Lookimg forward to some fun adventures and having a few sasquatch sightings!

Attached Files:

11. Planters15

Planters15 Rank 0

Map
    Hey guys, new member here from outside of Philadelphia. I've been offroading for several years mostly at off road parks. I want to start exploring more and start including my kids on trips. I have a 2010 tacoma that is modified. 45234876554_ee576ed505_o.jpg

12. Hobie01

Hobie01 Rank I
    Supporter

Member #:

Map
    #14912 Hobie01, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    HI everyone, Im Hobie and im new to overlanding. Avid camper, mountain biker, rock climber. Ive always left my truck at the lot near the trailhead but im looking to go deeper into the woods and the world. just replaced my old ranger with a new forester and put a rtt on top. the wife and i are planning a dozen trips this spring summer & fall and were excited to become part of this.

i live in northern california. i drive a 2019 forester that is stock, aside of my cb, tepui rtt, first aid kit, and fire suppression stuff.

im trained in EMR, CPR+, BLS and fire suppression and always stop to help those in need.

looking forward to meeting some of you and getting my tires dirty.
    wanda1.jpg

13. Andrew Leach

Andrew Leach Rank I

Member #:

Map
    From a fellow Houstonian and fellow '18 4Runner TRD Offroad owner, welcome! I haven't been horribly active here but always great to see some local interest in building and adventuring in 4Runners!
    I'm always keen and curious about what others are doing and building. Let me know if you wanna compare notes!

Kent R and Wilbo like this.
  14. OutsideSeth

OutsideSeth Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I moved from the East Coast to Idaho this past year and bought a truck (2018 GMC Canyon) to explore the backroads and mountains here in our new home state. We were drawn here for the hiking, snowboarding, rock climbing, and mountain biking. So, getting a truck and exploring the miles of forest roads Idaho has to offer just seemed natural to us.

My only offroad experience is riding along in the San Juan Mountains around Silverton, CO; where I am part owner of a small hotel (The Avon). I'm not ready for that kind of exposure in the driver's seat, but am looking forward to exploring the less traveled roads and finding remote places for wilderness adventure. I will generally be knocking around Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Southwest Colorado.

15. locobaylor

locobaylor Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Where in Idaho? I went to college in Pocatello, so that state has a very fond place in my heart.

OutsideSeth likes this.
  16. Calibuckeye

Calibuckeye Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Hi all! Not a brand new member, but first time saying hello (got sidetracked for a while). Proud to be part of this fantastic community.

Rig: 2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    Experience: Learning

20180616_165859.jpg

17. Jedi

Jedi NorthWest Region Representative
    Moderator Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    K6JDI
    Map
    Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and to Overland Bound @OutsideSeth! Idaho is an incredible place for someone who loves the outdoors, as is all of the PNW.

There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. In fact, there is a long standing thread [link] of other Southwest Idaho Overland Bound Members that you might want to drop in on. @GHCOE can probably share more on what is going on.

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

18. The Overlanding Aggies

Member #:

Map
    Hello,

We are The Overlanding Aggies out of Houston. We recently bought our new ride a 2017 JKU and cannot wait to get onto the trail. We are hoping through this new hobby/lifestyle that we get outdoors and do more camping, see new parts of the country, and of course make some new friends.

We look forward to meeting you all and the good times ahead!

Jeep Pic.jpg

19. whoisned

whoisned Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Howdy!

I’m new to OB and overlanding but looking forward to getting into the thick of it.

Originally from Atlanta, but made my was to San Francisco with stints in the Philippines and Australia in between.

Riding a 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with some minor things. Hope to build it out further.

Thanks for having me!

IMG_4965.JPG

20. Dustin03

Dustin03 Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    Hi everyone,

New to Overland Bound, but a long-time admirer. I was one of those kids who grew up "overlanding" without knowing the name for it. I've loved the wilderness my whole life, and look forward to nothing more than passing that passion on to my own kids.

I look forward to being a part of this community, and seeing you all out in the sticks!