Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,
Baylor here. I live in the high desert of Southern California. Fell in love with the outdoors in college and have been exploring it by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and now car. I have a 2016 Subaru Forester. I’m excited to use the resources available to me here; I’m used to staring at maps for long amounts of time and, as fun as that is, it’ll be nice to share some beta and learn from others as well.
Cheers!

View attachment 81611
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Folks, just joined from Portland Oregon area (Beaverton to be exact).
Rig is a 2003 Xterra on 33s.
Look forward to meeting local folks and getting out.

KG7GMP
Welcome to Overland Bound @orange_glo! The Portland/Vancouver area is filled with lots of active members, so meeting your neighbors and getting on the trails won't be too hard.

I highly recommend heading over to our NorthWest Region forum [link] to find out more about what is going on in the area. I know that there was a little bit of a break from the monthly meetups because the previous organizer had to address some personal issues. Hopefully, someone new will step up and get the group together again.

Something that may be of interest to you is to join in on the weekly Overland Bound Ham Radio Net which takes place on Friday evenings via Echolink [link].

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

JustDriveBro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chico, CA, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm new to OB but not exactly new to overlanding, I've been doing it for a few years now without even knowing that it's a thing! So I'm super greatful to see lots of other people interested in it as well. My rig, I currently have a 2016 f150 ecoboost 2.7L wit a 6.5' bed. I have made a few mods to it, I really enjoy making things myself so a lot of my upgrades are DIY and there are a lot more builds to come in the future!!!

Wilbo

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
Member #

Hi everyone Just became a OB member today. Really looking forward to meeting some people and learning everything I can to do some adventuring.

1) Located in Port St. Lucie, FL
3) Rig is a still stock 2018 TRD off road Tacoma.
4) Overlanding Experience, I am for sure a novice. I have done some offroading when I was younger.

Attachments

Hobie01

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Dorado County, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoberman
Member #

HI everyone, Im Hobie and im new to overlanding. Avid camper, mountain biker, rock climber. Ive always left my truck at the lot near the trailhead but im looking to go deeper into the woods and the world. just replaced my old ranger with a new forester and put a rtt on top. the wife and i are planning a dozen trips this spring summer & fall and were excited to become part of this.

i live in northern california. i drive a 2019 forester that is stock, aside of my cb, tepui rtt, first aid kit, and fire suppression stuff.

im trained in EMR, CPR+, BLS and fire suppression and always stop to help those in need.

looking forward to meeting some of you and getting my tires dirty.
wanda1.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew Leach

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX
Member #

Hi Y'all,
Houston, TX sending everyone a shout out.

I'm in a 2018 4Runner TRD offroad.

I have intermediate experience camping, well versed in fishing, but very little knowledge overlanding. I grew up in the outdoors but have strayed over the years since college, work, kids. I am a firm believer in creating memories for my family instead of gifting material treasures. As such, our family vacations have mostly been overseas. I'm at a point where I want my kids to experience nature as I did as child. Spring Break 2017 I rented a Jeep Wrangler and we road tripped from Houston > Whichita Falls > Santa Fe > Vegas > Los Angeles > San Diego > Phoenix > White Sands > Home. That was one of the best trips we have ever experienced. As a family, we decided to explore more of what this great country has to offer. So here I am.
From a fellow Houstonian and fellow '18 4Runner TRD Offroad owner, welcome! I haven't been horribly active here but always great to see some local interest in building and adventuring in 4Runners!
I'm always keen and curious about what others are doing and building. Let me know if you wanna compare notes!

Reactions: Kent R and Wilbo

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I moved from the East Coast to Idaho this past year and bought a truck (2018 GMC Canyon) to explore the backroads and mountains here in our new home state. We were drawn here for the hiking, snowboarding, rock climbing, and mountain biking. So, getting a truck and exploring the miles of forest roads Idaho has to offer just seemed natural to us.

My only offroad experience is riding along in the San Juan Mountains around Silverton, CO; where I am part owner of a small hotel (The Avon). I'm not ready for that kind of exposure in the driver's seat, but am looking forward to exploring the less traveled roads and finding remote places for wilderness adventure. I will generally be knocking around Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Southwest Colorado.

Last edited:

locobaylor

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Baylor
Last Name
Blessing
Member #

Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I moved from the East Coast to Idaho this past year and bought a truck (2018 GMC Canyon) to explore the backroads and mountains here in our new home state. We were drawn here for the hiking, snowboarding, rock climbing, and mountain biking. So, getting a truck and exploring the miles of forest roads Idaho has to offer just seemed natural to us.

My only offroad experience is riding along in the San Juan Mountains around Silverton, CO; where I am part owner of a small hotel (The Avon). I'm not ready for that kind of exposure in the driver's seat, but am looking forward to exploring the less traveled roads and finding remote places for wilderness adventure. I will generally be knocking around Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Southwest Colorado.
Where in Idaho? I went to college in Pocatello, so that state has a very fond place in my heart.

Reactions: OutsideSeth

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and to Overland Bound @OutsideSeth! Idaho is an incredible place for someone who loves the outdoors, as is all of the PNW.

There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. In fact, there is a long standing thread [link] of other Southwest Idaho Overland Bound Members that you might want to drop in on. @GHCOE can probably share more on what is going on.

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Overlanding Aggies

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX, USA
Member #

Hello,

We are The Overlanding Aggies out of Houston. We recently bought our new ride a 2017 JKU and cannot wait to get onto the trail. We are hoping through this new hobby/lifestyle that we get outdoors and do more camping, see new parts of the country, and of course make some new friends.

We look forward to meeting you all and the good times ahead!

Jeep Pic.jpg