Hey everyone!! Just joined currently I am stationed at Fort Drum and born and raised in Florida. I just bought an 2008 JKU and can’t wait outfit it and hit the trails as I travel with the military and my family
Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!
In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:
- Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
- We will not further define "overlanding".
- "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
- You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
- Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
- Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
- Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
- It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
- We do not care about make or model.
- We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
- We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
- We respect, fear, and protect nature.
- "I don't know" is a great answer.
- We don’t brag about exploits.
- We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
- We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Harold M. Eglinski, from just across the Puget Sound. There are a few members out on the island and a number just a ferry ride away in the Vancouver as wells as throughout the Fraser Valley. Exploring BC, Vancouver Island inclusive, is on my list for the next year.
Thank you very much! I will take a gander at the links you've provided and see if my schedule shall allow to join this month. Really appreciate the warm welcome and information.Great looking Ram and JKU you got there @MindofManZaaR! I am glad to have you joining our community, as I am sure your experience will be very valuable to other members. Tacoma is a perfect location for overlanders with easy access to the Olympic Peninsula and the Cascades. Plus, the Overland Bound community in the South Puget Sound is bustling with energy.
If you are interested, and willing to take a little bit of a drive, we are having a NorthWest Washington meetup on January 19th at Ft. Casey [link]. There is also work being done to set up a recurring meetup in your area, [link] so that might be a great opportunity for you.
I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.
I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Welcome to Overland Bound!I love and adore thing you do and we all love,
finaly iam a member :D
My name is Jovan, Iam from Belgrade, Serbia, somewhere in Europe.
Rig is Opel Frontera 1994, some pic below. More pic later on.
Welcome to Overland Bound!Newb from Concord, NC here! Excited to learn more and start exploring in the Overland world!!! We currently have a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, and a 1988 Dodge Ram W250 Power Ram - currently looking to make an Overland rig out of the Overland! Wanted to build up the 88 Ram, but my son has laid claim to it when he turns 16 in 10 years. That's still plenty of time though to possibly convert him from wanting a, "monster truck" - over to a world explorer rig instead!!!
Welcome to Overland Bound!New member here- Travis from Sanford, NC. My weekend rig is a 2005 Land Rover LR3 and I’ve owned a few different Rovers over the years.
No true overlanding experience but I’ve been on a few camping trips and trail rides over the past few years.
Here’s my LR3 on top of Dutch John in Uwharrie.
Welcome to Overland Bound!Hello everyone I just join today I am waiting on my overland packet to arrive in about 2 wk I am a retired Army Ranger I love the out doors .My vehicle is a 2007 h2 hummer An I am looking forward to see everyone out on an adventure
Welcome to Overland Bound!Hey everyone!! Just joined currently I am stationed at Fort Drum and born and raised in Florida. I just bought an 2008 JKU and can’t wait outfit it and hit the trails as I travel with the military and my family
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Welcome to Overland Bound!Hi all,
Thought id join up after seeing a local guy was a member. I'm from North East Scotland (Aberdeenshire). I drive a 1992 Land rover Defender 90 (Lola) with a Ventura roof tent. I'm planning on doing some traveling through the UK and into Europe this year with it.