Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Hello there guys and gals. I'm Mike from SW Ohio. Currently driving a 2018 F-150 Screw FX4 short bed. Looking to start an overland build. Trying to get an idea of the best midheight bed rack/rtt combination. I like the RCI bed rack look but wonder if it'll support a three person Tepui tent? I'll lurk around for some ideas. Thanks for such a great tool to help
I always liked the Leighton Designs rack, not sure if it's midheight though, and maybe a bit overkill if you plan to slap an RTT on top.

Reactions: SWC11

SLOGO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings

Thad
West Central Florida
100% Noob to this Overlanding stuff but hooked. Now I must convince the wife and daughters how great it's going to be :)
Sold my 07' JKU Rubi this year that I had since new because it just sat in the garage collecting dust due to work. Currently driving a 18' Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 whinch I'm going to sell to get another JKU or 4Runner.
JkU was decked out with a Bruiser LS3 conversion 525HP 500TQ, it was a beast and loved to eat rearends.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Whats up Overland fam!
I am currently living in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
I have done many camping and offroading trips but plan to do overland all over Europe starting early January.
I have a 2017 TRD Tacoma Off-road Access Cab with Icon suspension, leaf springs, hydraulic rear bump stop, All-Pro rock sliders, CBI rear high clearance bumper, Wilco VT tiregate and of course some rigid lights in the front. Currently have the Leitner Design Bed Rack sitting in my living room waiting for me to install once I brave the cold. Hopefully I will get that done soon so that I can enjoy the German Outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there guys and gals. I'm Mike from SW Ohio. Currently driving a 2018 F-150 Screw FX4 short bed. Looking to start an overland build. Trying to get an idea of the best midheight bed rack/rtt combination. I like the RCI bed rack look but wonder if it'll support a three person Tepui tent? I'll lurk around for some ideas. Thanks for such a great tool to help

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Reactions: SWC11

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings

Thad
West Central Florida
100% Noob to this Overlanding stuff but hooked. Now I must convince the wife and daughters how great it's going to be :)
Sold my 07' JKU Rubi this year that I had since new because it just sat in the garage collecting dust due to work. Currently driving a 18' Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 whinch I'm going to sell to get another JKU or 4Runner.
JkU was decked out with a Bruiser LS3 conversion 525HP 500TQ, it was a beast and loved to eat rearends.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi
2012 jeep JK
Just love exploring the wilderness in New Brunswick, Canada

@Winterpeg is your ambassador but the East US ambassadors are much closer. @Hank Outdoors @Wawa Skittletits

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I’m nick drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler

Honey Badger

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: I would say experienced, but definitely not advanced.

I got into overlanding to teach my sons (2yr old and a 2month old) about the great outdoors as they get older, and to spend more quality time with my father.

I’ve been following this forum as a lot of my google searches send me here for information, and I love the YouTube channel... so I figured it was time to be a part of the community and add to it if possible!

Attachments

atmccrar

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Hello everyone! I have been looking into getting into Overlanding for a little while now. I used to be into off-roading alone, but now I want to combine a few of my favorite activities to explore and not have to trailer a lot other than a small trailer with the necessities.

1) Sorry, no picture at the moment (will get one soon)
2) Virginia / North Carolina
3) 1982 Jeep CJ-8 (Plans to build overland body on frame), really want to get another 97-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ, I miss my old one.
4) Overlanding - novice, outdoor activities - experienced

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB , brand new to forums and OB. I'm Rob , from lake villa Illinois, driving my relatively stock 2003 ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 diesel. Hoping to find some good spots and other people to connect with to bring my wife and 3 girls to enjoy the outdoors.

Reactions: Rotten Robby

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: I would say experienced, but definitely not advanced.

I got into overlanding to teach my sons (2yr old and a 2month old) about the great outdoors as they get older, and to spend more quality time with my father.

I’ve been following this forum as a lot of my google searches send me here for information, and I love the YouTube channel... so I figured it was time to be a part of the community and add to it if possible!

If your interested there is a meet-up in your area, check the meet-up page or the calendar to find the location and date and time.

West LA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-overlandbound-westside-la-meetup-06-09-2018.15855/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Honey Badger

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I have been looking into getting into Overlanding for a little while now. I used to be into off-roading alone, but now I want to combine a few of my favorite activities to explore and not have to trailer a lot other than a small trailer with the necessities.

1) Sorry, no picture at the moment (will get one soon)
2) Virginia / North Carolina
3) 1982 Jeep CJ-8 (Plans to build overland body on frame), really want to get another 97-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ, I miss my old one.
4) Overlanding - novice, outdoor activities - experienced

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hartwell, Ga.
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKUR
I am an overlanding Novice
View attachment 80331

Nice looking JK!

-Yeti-

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4MAL
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and have moderate experience overlanding/wheeling. I have my rig "Squirrel" to a reasonably functional level for my requirements and am always at tweaking its usefulness. My next stage of the build will focus on capability (moving past OEM)

I'm looking forward to being an active member is the community.

2017 Ram Rebel "Squirrel"
Tow 9k/offroad/wife chase and support vehicle
Moderate experience
Mid Tennessee

Attachments