Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from McKinney Texas
Love the forum and all the info
And all the great ideas ..
Been camping , hiking, exploring for years and years .
Running a 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Several mods adding more weekly as this hoppy becomes an addiction.
View attachment 79914
Welcome to Overland Bound!

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Twinbulls

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Dalton here. Stumbled across this site looking for trails. Would love to get into overlanding longer distances, however I'm limited to travel distance and I'm in central NY roughly 20 mins from PA. I've been in the off road scene for quite a few years now and have spent the last 3 or so building my 92 XJ into the one-off rig that it is today. Anyone else in my area?
Welcome to OB and the East Region! I am 20 min. from Syracuse.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Southern_swag08

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Newnan GA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Yates
Hey everyone! I’ve been wanting to get into this “overlanding” for a while but didn’t have the right rig (I thought) for the job. So I sold my nice 2012 f150 lariat 2wd and downgraded willingly to my “new to me” 2007 fj cruiser 4x4 lol and now I’m OVERLAND BOUND MEMBER 15853! Can’t wait to do some meet ups and get on the trails.

Name: Aaron
Social Media: @Southern_swag08
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Area: ATL GA IMG_2779.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I’ve been wanting to get into this “overlanding” for a while but didn’t have the right rig (I thought) for the job. So I sold my nice 2012 f150 lariat 2wd and downgraded willingly to my “new to me” 2007 fj cruiser 4x4 lol and now I’m OVERLAND BOUND MEMBER 15853! Can’t wait to do some meet ups and get on the trails.

Name: Aaron
Social Media: @Southern_swag08
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Area: ATL GA View attachment 79917

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I am located in Bucksport, ME
I am new to overlanding but i enjoy wrenching and building custom parts for my vehicles currently have 05 chevy 2500HD (Work Pig) Towes plows sands. and i am looking at a 10 subaru outback 6spd

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Chris Robertson, my wife and I are mildly experienced in overlanding and have been camping since we first started dating.

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mods: snorkel, roof rack, refrigerator, hand built bumper, winch, and awning.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.

Im in East Tennessee , Knoxville actually. My "project" in a 1986 K5 Blazer that started life as a CUCV. I dont have a lot of overlanding experience, mostly 600 Grizzly stuff. Been having fun checking out YouTube vids of fantastic adventures and want to get me some!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm based on the east coast.... is this group mostly on the west coast ... is there any members on the east coast
We are a world wide organization, the East Region and South East Regions have a very large population of members. Check out the member map to see who is close to you. The Assistant Ambassadors for your region are @Hank Outdoors and @Wawa Skittletits I am sure they will be reaching out to you.

Lucky2Balive

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Hi all.

Im in East Tennessee , Knoxville actually. My "project" in a 1986 K5 Blazer that started life as a CUCV. I dont have a lot of overlanding experience, mostly 600 Grizzly stuff. Been having fun checking out YouTube vids of fantastic adventures and want to get me some!
Cool I’m in west KNOXVILLE.... and there seems to be one of those on my street that’s still army green. Coincidence?

BumNBaja

Rank 0

Traveler I

Minnesota, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ball
Greetings everyone! New to the group and currently reside in Minnesota. Grew up in the Mid West and have lived in several locations, with MN being the longest going on 12 years! Current set up is 2000 Jeep TJ with a Smittybilt RTT mounted on an Explorer Space trailer. I have been exploring for many years and love the solitude and views that is provided with overlanding. Glad to be here and look forward to sharing and reading other's adventures, as well as tips and tricks. I'll post some pics later, later ya'll!!
Finally a pic....sorry for the delay!

Attachments

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

JourneyMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings All, I'm new to this group and new to this type of overlanding. Been a dual sport motorcycle traveler mostly, did the ride up to Deadhorse AK and back journey on the bike two Summers ago. But now it's time for me to transition from two wheels to four. I guess I'm sort of starting from scratch. I purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD Pro 4X4 that's pretty stock. The tires are decent to start with, so I'm guessing my first purchase will be sliders. I intend to kit it out solidly for overland journeys over the coming months, or more likely, years. I'm also a hiker, backpacker and trail runner. Anything that gets me out of doors an onto my next journey works for me.

Twinbulls

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas Texas
Member #

Greetings All, I'm new to this group and new to this type of overlanding. Been a dual sport motorcycle traveler mostly, did the ride up to Deadhorse AK and back journey on the bike two Summers ago. But now it's time for me to transition from two wheels to four. I guess I'm sort of starting from scratch. I purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD Pro 4X4 that's pretty stock. The tires are decent to start with, so I'm guessing my first purchase will be sliders. I intend to kit it out solidly for overland journeys over the coming months, or more likely, years. I'm also a hiker, backpacker and trail runner. Anything that gets me out of doors an onto my next journey works for me.
Welcome
The mods start on day one ..

The addiction is real

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding