Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Hey everyone, New overlander here.
Im retired Army and a Boy Scout leader who is answering the call of the wild. I just traded in the TRD sport for a TRD Off Road and will start modding it up.
View attachment 76156 View attachment 76156
I also need to add I am in the Chicago are so drive far to have any fun. Good thing I like to drive :)

Reactions: Kent R

tonysurface

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville
Member #

Hey guys. I just joined today. I traded my 06 Jeep TJ for a 16 JKU. The Jeep is bone stock but looking to start upgrading soon. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. I work in law enforcement and I really look forward to meeting new people who aren't criminals.

Trevor C

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
Member #

Rig: ‘18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Experience: mostly RZR riding (dunes,desert,mountain trails)

Started watching a bunch of videos online about overlanding. I really like the idea of it. I am retired and hope to do some trips to get my feet wet. The Jeep is my wife’s daily driver so I need to keep that in mind when I get the urge to ‘set it up’.

I am going to review some more of the site and forums. Looks like some great information and great people here.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi Everyone. Just bought a 2017 4runner. Would like to equip it for more adventure. Traded in a 2006 Ford Exploder that took me many places. I would love to know how the world would compare these two.
Welcome. I'm bias towards 4Runners so my opinion is 4Runners rule. [emoji12][emoji41]

Reactions: Catdog

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

Became a member a few days ago at Overland Expo East. Have enjoyed off roading and camping for many years. I enjoy working on my and my friends vehicles ( mostly Jeeps. ) I currently own a 2012 JKUR which is set up more for going off road but have recently started outfitting it for more overland style travel. Hoping to incorporate both into my future travels. Living in south Florida and hoping to meet some members in the area.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! Just joined the OB group and by reading and seeing wonderful rigs i am glad to join...also what OB stands for! I purchased my 80/LX450 back in July for a great deal and always been fascinated what these rigs can do and the looks. So far i am building her up for a great trip hopefully next year to MOAB with my cousins who also has Landcruisers. Hoping to meet fellow members and get ideas to build my rig...Glad I Joined! Below is a picture of my rig with my cousins at Pismo Beach for tue TNF event.View attachment 76133

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Also there are lots of 80's in the Overland Bound Family.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
new guy from north of atlanta, ga... looking forward to chatting w/ everyone.

i've been camping most of my life, but the addition of a "capable" vehicle is new and making it so much fun :)

i travel in a 2010 FJ Cruiser TT and have been working on my M1101 camping trailer...
View attachment 76138

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, neophyte to overlanding here. Love to backpack and hammock camp. Looking forward to meeting some folks!

Dave

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, New overlander here.
Im retired Army and a Boy Scout leader who is answering the call of the wild. I just traded in the TRD sport for a TRD Off Road and will start modding it up.
View attachment 76156 View attachment 76156

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Canada!
My first post.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Rig(so far):2012 Ford F-150 SCREW
EXPERIENCE:Beginner/Hunter/Experienced Camper

Kids are grown and doing their thing so wifey & I wanna get back into camping so for us that means driving there pulling our explorer trailer, tenting and exploring mostly Canadian wilderness but have a US destination bucket list.

Love the outdoors and look forward to participating in the OB forum and learning more.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys. I just joined today. I traded my 06 Jeep TJ for a 16 JKU. The Jeep is bone stock but looking to start upgrading soon. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. I work in law enforcement and I really look forward to meeting new people who aren't criminals.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: ‘18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Experience: mostly RZR riding (dunes,desert,mountain trails)

Started watching a bunch of videos online about overlanding. I really like the idea of it. I am retired and hope to do some trips to get my feet wet. The Jeep is my wife’s daily driver so I need to keep that in mind when I get the urge to ‘set it up’.

I am going to review some more of the site and forums. Looks like some great information and great people here.

Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

Ahmed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Houston, TX, USA
Member #

Hi, My name is Ahmed,

2) Houston, Texas
3) 2018 Nissan Armada - Stock, for now I guess :)
4) Overlanding Experience, non in the US so far, was relatively active back home, specially on dunes.

We just moved into the US, and we'd really like to explore the overlanding possibilities here.

Very excited to be part of OB

Kai1674

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Kai
Last Name
Tepe
Member #

Hey everyone, I already joined a few months ago. I'm originally from Cologne, Germany but since August travelling Canada and the U.S. with my Mercedes Sprinter van. I started the trip in Halifax, Canada and spent some time in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. From there I travelled via Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, Badlands National Park etc. to Seattle where I will stay.

Rig: 2001 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, former Swiss Military, has a lift and a rear locking differential.

Looking forward to the discussions in the forum and maybe meet some of you at the events.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I already joined a few months ago. I'm originally from Cologne, Germany but since August travelling Canada and the U.S. with my Mercedes Sprinter van. I started the trip in Halifax, Canada and spent some time in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. From there I travelled via Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, Badlands National Park etc. to Seattle where I will stay.

Rig: 2001 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, former Swiss Military, has a lift and a rear locking differential.

Looking forward to the discussions in the forum and maybe meet some of you at the events.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, My name is Ahmed,

2) Houston, Texas
3) 2018 Nissan Armada - Stock, for now I guess :)
4) Overlanding Experience, non in the US so far, was relatively active back home, specially on dunes.

We just moved into the US, and we'd really like to explore the overlanding possibilities here.

Very excited to be part of OB

Reactions: Ahmed

ScubaSteve2507

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Scoville
Member #

Service Branch
USN
Hey OB community, like Kai above I joined several months ago. I’m new to overlanding and most things involving vehicular camping. Did lots of camping and hiking as a kid, and some off-roading with friends vehicles growing up but nothing in my own. I’ve got a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and currently live in the Central Valley, CA. Hoping to meet fellow members and learn more about everything!
-Steve

StormGoose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Panhandle, texas
Member #

Evening y'all,

I have been lurking on the page for about the past year.
I'm located in the Texas panhandle (Lubbock).

Recently purchased a used 2017 F-150 SCRW (5.0). The dealer really didn't know much about what if any mods the previous owner did. (it's not stock height, but I cannot figure out if it is a level kit or lift).

The intent is to slowly create a rig that will support my family and I to get us from point a to point b. No Matter what. Modular in concept so as to remain my DD. But also get my friends and I out to a campground in inclement weather.

My user name is the families name for the rig. Color is Grey (storm) and goose comes from how they say I drive "occasionally". (I plead the 5th).

My overlanding experience is with military vics and the like.

Looking forward to wandering around the forums looking for ideas.

Attachments