Jorrie

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Durbanville, South Africa
Member #

Hi! My name is Simon.

Info below.

Rig: Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6, 2006 model.
Experience: Novice. Grew up in a small town where we use to camp and explore on a weekly bases. Now my fiance and I try and escape the city as often as possible.

View attachment 51178

We have two trips coming up. One for the weekend to Klein Tafel Berg (http://www.kleintafelberg4x4.co.za/) and another over Easter Weekend for 5 days to the Tankwa Karoo and the Klein Karoo area. It's about 800-1000km.
View attachment 51184

Welkom!!! Lyk sooos 'n paar lekker trips!! Geniet dit. Ons gaan Junnie die Tankwa doen. Het al Klein Tafel Berg so 'n paar keer gedoen. Was great!!! Jakkalskloof by Redelinghuys is ook 'n absolute moet!!!

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler

Hi guys new OB member from Mesquite, Texas. And here is my rig, it's a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD fully loaded. Definitely looking forward to meet members around my area and explore my state more. I know Texas' got some good parks and mountains so I'm so excited to share ideas and do trips and explorations soon. Thanks OB! Great community here [emoji123]
Damn, wish I was still in DFW we coulda met up. I really like that Explorer!! Next time I'm in town I'll send you message, maybe we can hit the trails.

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Hello from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I got my bone stock 2014 V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 last week and am ready to do some overlanding! I've always been a Ford guy, so this is really stepping out of my comfort zone haha. I've never been offroading before besides on 3-wheelers at the hunting camp. I've been back country camping before in several national/state forests and most recently made a 40 mile kayak trip in Mississippi.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

New member from the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain in south Louisiana. My first backcountry trip was my senior trip in 1970 to the San Juans in Colorado. First trail was the Alpine Skyway from Lake City to Silverton. I've been going back ever since with my latest trip a year ago to Big Bend. Retiring in May and looking forward to an extended trip this summer. Current ride is an '07 FJ Cruiser.
You're in my neck of the woods! I work in Norco, so we're only a short swim apart some days. Do you happen to know any easy trails in the area to cut my teeth into without putting some pin-striping on my pretty new Jeep?

Reactions: Ronald Miranda

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Hi guys! Ronald Miranda, from Dominican Republic.
Moving to CT next year! so, hope to see some of you guys there.

Experience: Rookie camper but with great driving skills off road! LOL

I spend a lot f time on OB forum.
Any question about motor oil and lubricants in general. I'm here for you! that's my job!

Live2huntAZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ
Just signed up for this forum. I am a very experienced hunter and outdoors man. My current truck is my 2007 F-150 crew cab 4x4 ERV (Elk Recovery Vehicle).

I just ordered a 2018 Ram Power Wagon and plan on equipping it for overland travel, excursions and to be my ERV 2.0. I look forward to seeing what others have done and learn more about the available equipment and places to go see.

markspeed

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Dorado Hills, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New Member here from El Dorado Hills, CA. I've got two teenagers and we love to camp/hike/etc. A jeep to explore was the next logical progression.

I have a 94 YJ that I bought second hand from a trail capable friend, and I'm excited about working on it with my kids and learning how to use it to its fullest potential. Complete 4x4 novice here!

Looking forward to meeting up and being part of this community of cool people :-)
IMG_8886.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Just signed up for this forum. I am a very experienced hunter and outdoors man. My current truck is my 2007 F-150 crew cab 4x4 ERV (Elk Recovery Vehicle).

I just ordered a 2018 Ram Power Wagon and plan on equipping it for overland travel, excursions and to be my ERV 2.0. I look forward to seeing what others have done and learn more about the available equipment and places to go see.
I love that vehicle!! Power Wagon is great!! and look savage!

machoog546

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Louis, MO
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Machuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9LOY
Hey everyone!

After looking around on the forum for a bit I can tell this is a site filled with a lot of great people. I look forward to talking with all of you.

Experience: Novice - Only been camping a few times, but have done my fair share of off road driving.
Rig: 2013 Outback (work in progress)

Reactions: PicNick

Revtech100

Rank 0

Traveler I

788D823F-9E7E-4E28-8B5E-7F00D7EFC65D.jpeg 347D3A53-43EE-49ED-8490-8C3FE9CB98EA.jpeg Hello to all....I live in Hurricane, UT. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins and a 2013 Ural Gear Up. I’m new to this area having spent 30 of the last 40 years in Alaska. I’m not sure how to judge my experience level. I’ve driven the Dalton numerous times both summer and winter. Also have done the Denali Hwy, Top of the World Hwy Chicken, AK to Dawson, Yukon and a zillion goat trails in Alaska. I’ve driven the Alcan 14 times even when the gas stations and road houses where 200 plus miles apart. Since I’ve been here I’ve been driving around dirt roads just exploring. I’m looking forward to learning about how things are done in the lower 48 and exploring the areas here. Hope to hook up with y’all soon!

Dale

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Hello to all....I live in Hurricane, UT. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins and a 2013 Ural Gear Up. I’m new to this area having spent 30 of the last 40 years in Alaska. I’m not sure how to judge my experience level. I’ve driven the Dalton numerous times both summer and winter. Also have done the Denali Hwy, Top of the World Hwy Chicken, AK to Dawson, Yukon and a zillion goat trails in Alaska. I’ve driven the Alcan 14 times even when the gas stations and road houses where 200 plus miles apart. Since I’ve been here I’ve been driving around dirt roads just exploring. I’m looking forward to learning about how things are done in the lower 48 and exploring the areas here. Hope to hook up with y’all soon!

Dale
Welcome to the forum and the lower 48! Looks like you've got a pretty capable copilot there, you might just learn a thing or two if you stick with them!

Reactions: Revtech100

Bob Rothmeier

Rank 0

Traveler I

View attachment 51814 I've been lurking for some time with interest. I live near Duluth MN and enjoy outdoor activities (motorcycling, 4 wheeling, shooting, hunting ,fishing). I recently decided to purchase a 3rd gen Tacoma. I've owned a 1st gen and two 2nd gen Tacoma's, Jeep CJ5 and a couple 3/4 ton diesel pickups. The Tacoma fits my needs and wants for the time being. Before I add the Overland equipment I'd like I need to sell a couple of toys (customized Harley Road King and Built 2010 Forester XT). I don't have any Overland experience in a pickup but have traveled on my motorcycles and camped. I've had off road experience with a CJ5, dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. As I get older it's time to slow down and travel in comfort and while still enjoying the outdoors. I'm not sure how to attach a picture of my Tacoma TRD Sport. View attachment 51814

DJohn89

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

729 North Belle Circle, Breaux Bridge, LA, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Awesome I see a couple people from my neck of the woods, anyways I live in Ponchatoula, LA. I drive a 94 FJ80 Land Cruiser. I’ve been off-roading since I was a kid but i would definitely consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. Other than that I’m glad to have joined and ready to meet new people and possibly go on some rides together.

Reactions: PicNick

Bob Rothmeier

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've been lurking for some time with interest. I live near Duluth MN and enjoy outdoor activities (motorcycling, 4 wheeling, shooting, hunting ,fishing). I recently decided to purchase a 3rd gen Tacoma. I've owned a 1st gen and two 2nd gen Tacoma's, Jeep CJ5 and a couple 3/4 ton diesel pickups. The Tacoma fits my needs and wants for the time being. Before I add the Overland equipment I'd like, I need to sell a couple of toys (customized Harley Road King and Built 2010 Forester XT). I don't have any Overland experience in a pickup but have traveled on my motorcycles and camped. I've had off road experience with a CJ5, dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. As I get older it's time to slow down, travel in comfort and still enjoy the outdoors adventures. I'm not sure how to attach a picture of my Tacoma TRD Sport. I've added an attachment below.

View attachment 51814

Last edited:

Traveler I

Hello. I am Grant Rothwell most people call me Rooster. I spend most my free time fishing, hunting, and camping. I am new to overloading but am excited to jump in 110%. I am a experienced camper, numerous multiple week hikes and week long kayak trips. Pack light, pack right. I run a stock 2013 silverado 1500 z71 with the eaton G80 in the rear from the factory. I had a baby in the last year and am trying to get the rig good to go before he's a toddler. I want to get my family out in nature and I thought overlanding would be a great avenue. My base camp is in Rockford Mi.

Attachments

Reactions: Revtech100

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Awesome I see a couple people from my neck of the woods, anyways I live in Ponchatoula, LA. I drive a 94 FJ80 Land Cruiser. I’ve been off-roading since I was a kid but i would definitely consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. Other than that I’m glad to have joined and ready to meet new people and possibly go on some rides together.
We should set up a Louisiana group on here! Does anyone know if there's a way to do that?

Reactions: DJohn89