Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Thanks, bought it last summer with engine damage. Did full rebuild, some mods coming this spring like lift, wheels, front bumper and some fog lights for start lol
Welcome to the group! I've got your rigs twin down here in California. We should compare build notes. So far the truck has taken me everywhere I want to go in stock form. The traction control is impressive. There is a Mitsubishi thread on here. You should pop over and say hello. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/mitsubishi-registry.7847/

Mike Costa

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fairfax, VA
Member #

Hey Everyone how's it going, My name is Mike I'm originally from Weschester County NY and transplanted to Northern Virginia after the military. I am still a novice when it comes to overlanding but have been picking it up rather quickly I feel but understand there is still alot to know and it will never stop.

My Rig is a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro which I picked up after getting into an extremely bad car accident where I was hit and injured. I wanted something bigger and also wanted something I wouldnt feel the need to mod. That feeling of not modding went out the window withn less than 24 hours but I justify it a little more now as I'm always in search for the next adventure.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Hey everyone! My name is Noah and I am a full time college student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL. I'm studying AMS (how to fix them good ole airplanes). I have loved everything and anything overland/offroad related since I was a kid. I recently sold my Jeep Jk 2-door crawler build in favor of more long-distance-travel type vehicle. I found a great deal on a 2004 Discovery II in excellent condition. I look forward to being part of the community! I will post pictures of the rig once I pick her up tomorrow. If anyone has advice on the world of Rover, please please help me out. It's all new to me; I have been a Jeep guy all my life.
Welcome to OB! I went to Embry-Riddle for Aerospace myself, hope school is going well. Good luck with the Rover and safe travels.

Reactions: tkt0912

Bowtied13

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burton
Hey everybody! My name is Nick and I'm from the Boise, Idaho area. I'm new to overlanding. I grew up more around muscle cars and 2wd trucks. Offroading was something I was interested in but just never had the vehicle for it. I've really been getting the itch lately and need to get out and explore.

The adventure rig we currently have is a stock 2011 Honda Pilot 4WD. I have plans to lift it eventually. But I am actually planning on getting a more specific overlanding vehicle so we can keep the Pilot nice since it's the wife's daily-driver/kid-hauler. One reason I joined the forum is to get a good idea of the vehicle platform that I want to use for my overlanding vehicle.

I am a beginner overlander but I'm excited to get into the scene and get out exploring!

20171209_115859-01.jpeg 20180306_173658.jpg

true.north.adv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mondovi, WI
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Place
Member #

Hey Overland Bound Community,
My name is Tyler, Overlanding is going to be a way for my to expand my passion for the outdoors. I have gone camp since I was a kid in tents, pop up campers and travel trailers with friends and family. During that I time I realized that I wanted to explore the areas within my state, region, country, and hopefully the world. I alway have enjoyed being outdoors fishing, hunting, hiking, mountain biking, etc. and I want to do more of that. This sense of exploration, adventure, and discovery is something I want to a main part of my wife and my life, and our families when we start one.
I'm a born and raised Western Wisconsin, use to travel for work and that started or sparked my interest in exploring new places, unfortunately I rarely got much time to explore, now traveling is for fun and exploration.
For a rig, I have a 2018 Metallic Grey Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. Over time I'm planning on modifying it as needed base on our travels and experiences. So last but not least, here is a picture of Gunner ... our 4Runner.

IMG_1718.jpg

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Jim Lee

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine)
Anacortes Washington. (Its actually on an island. Coors did a commercial here and told everyone it was the rocky mountains.)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
1942, Dodge WC53 Carryall

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Almost none. Signed up to learn and find people to go with.

-jim lee

Last edited:

Dre_D40

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA
Member #

Greetings OB Community,
My name is Dre. Im located in the SoCal area but more specifically Irvine. New member and new to overlanding. I have a passion for both automotives and the outdoors so it was only natural for me to want to join this great community. I drive a Nissan Frontier Pro4X and love it! Still very much stock but plans are mods are in the works. Can't wait to get out on the trails and meet everyone! PicsArt_03-08-08.16.14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

ChasWG

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey Everyone how's it going, My name is Mike I'm originally from Weschester County NY and transplanted to Northern Virginia after the military. I am still a novice when it comes to overlanding but have been picking it up rather quickly I feel but understand there is still alot to know and it will never stop.

My Rig is a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro which I picked up after getting into an extremely bad car accident where I was hit and injured. I wanted something bigger and also wanted something I wouldnt feel the need to mod. That feeling of not modding went out the window withn less than 24 hours but I justify it a little more now as I'm always in search for the next adventure.

Cool truck and great Color! I so want to repaint my XJ in that same color.

Reactions: bval

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Welcome... and keep on modifying :sunglasses:

Reactions: bval

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey Overland Bound Community,
My name is Tyler, Overlanding is going to be a way for my to expand my passion for the outdoors. I have gone camp since I was a kid in tents, pop up campers and travel trailers with friends and family. During that I time I realized that I wanted to explore the areas within my state, region, country, and hopefully the world. I alway have enjoyed being outdoors fishing, hunting, hiking, mountain biking, etc. and I want to do more of that. This sense of exploration, adventure, and discovery is something I want to a main part of my wife and my life, and our families when we start one.
I'm a born and raised Western Wisconsin, use to travel for work and that started or sparked my interest in exploring new places, unfortunately I rarely got much time to explore, now traveling is for fun and exploration.
For a rig, I have a 2018 Metallic Grey Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. Over time I'm planning on modifying it as needed base on our travels and experiences. So last but not least, here is a picture of Gunner ... our 4Runner.

View attachment 50277
Good looking Rig... welcome.... now you need some desert striping :sunglasses:

Mjolimar

Rank 0

Traveler I

E2FB0E2E-24BB-4817-A979-9AE3ACE98B3B.jpeg Hi all. I am from Washington State, close to the Canadian border. I am an avid outdoorsman and mountaineer, so travel is what it’s all about for me. As me and my wife get older, the ground gets harder and the nights get colder, so I have fewer nights in the tent and there will be more travel in the Jeep. We have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a 3” lift sitting on 33” BFG A/T KO2’s. The front bumper and winch are by Warn, and the rear bumper and tire carrier are Garvin ATS. Next steps are a Savvy tummy tuck and then a full cage. Then I will put in a CB and/or get Ham licensed. Looking forward to meeting folks on the trails.

If anyone is going on the Washington or Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route this summer and wants to form a group, let me know!

Attached is a picture of the Jeep on Going to the Sun Road in Glacier Park last summer.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

I'm also hoping to do the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route this summer. That is if all the stars line up and I have the rig in working order.

-jim lee

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjolimar and bval

sheeraz

Rank 0

Traveler I

chicago
Hey Guys,

My name is Sheeraz and I am currently living in Chicago. I love to snowboard, downhill mtb and camp. I found myself recently watching expidition overland and was totally blown away! I am going to be going to colorado this summer for mtb’ing and really wanted to give overlanding a shot while im there. I am a weekend warrior with a 2012 range rover (stock). any advice on beginner trails i could try out while im there? also will getting appropriate tires be enough for such trails? any advice would be much appreciated

thanks, look forward to hearing from y’all!

Copenhagen Griff

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello everyone!

I've been waiting and waiting to become a member ever since I bought my 2017 Tacoma last year. I got into backpacking and absolutely loved it, then I thought about how awesome it would be to combine it with a truck. I cannot wait to go on a new adventure!

I currently live in the Chicago Suburbs but will be moving to Little Rock AR in about 45 days!
I'm so new to overlanding that my first "road trip" was last summer to get some decent backpacking in. I look forward to learning, creating, and participating in some adventures with the Overland Bound Community. In the mean time, I have a lot of work to do to get ready.

I have also never been a member of a forum before, so forgive any ignorance.

Will edit with pictures of the Tacoma later on.

NTX_BS

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

North Texas
Member #

Pretty new to the forum. Recently purchased a ‘09 JKUR that is pictured to the left. I also have a 2001 Excursion w the 7.3 that the family has used for most of our adventures. Trying to downsize to the Jeep in hopes that it will allow me to go places that the Beast couldn’t go. We live in North Texas, but enjoy spending time in southern Colorado...CCF022B3-4349-41D5-BE75-35A64B805CA9.jpeg