Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Mocamp

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. My name is Ben. My wife is Brittany. I'm vary new to the overlanding thing. I came across it by looking for dispersed camping but was held up by the thought of camping with out a vehicle. The more I see of overlanding,the more excited I get. Seems like just what I was looking for. I have experience with off Roading when I was younger. Some trails but mostly mud runs. I'm over all that these days. But the thought of being off road,able to camp, see small towns,travel,and explore sounds great. Better than another carnival cruise of ask me. Lol .hopefully in the future I would have a more ideal vehicle but for now my rig is my everyday driver. 2013 Ram 2500 5.7 hemi.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone. My name is Ben. My wife is Brittany. I'm vary new to the overlanding thing. I came across it by looking for dispersed camping but was held up by the thought of camping with out a vehicle. The more I see of overlanding,the more excited I get. Seems like just what I was looking for. I have experience with off Roading when I was younger. Some trails but mostly mud runs. I'm over all that these days. But the thought of being off road,able to camp, see small towns,travel,and explore sounds great. Better than another carnival cruise of ask me. Lol .hopefully in the future I would have a more ideal vehicle but for now my rig is my everyday driver. 2013 Ram 2500 5.7 hemi.
Welcome...and yes it's way better than a Carnival cruise. :sunglasses:

bionicman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Renton Highlands, WA
Member #

2005 Jeep LJR

4yrold & I love to go camping & "jeepin" but venturing too far off the beaten path is a bit sketch just us two so joined up in hopes of meeting like minded folks. Our go-to areas are the Cle Elum and Chelan areas where we own 20acres of offgrid property for just this purpose

Originally from the Midwest so feel the ways of the off-road Jedi experience is enough to keep me this side of the dirt...Moab/gooseberry mesa/Arizona/Florida swamp/glamis/ksrocks/Arkansas exp

Recently met a chap that said overlanding to him was going just far enough in the Subaru folks couldn't reach & think this fits my idea well regarding our question to escape the masses.

FB_IMG_1520360952275.jpg

Last edited:

Kalikianō

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Experience Background: Novice/Beginner

Hey guys! My name is Christian. I'm glad to be apart of such an amazing movement.
I am currently a full-time college student, studying to become a Paramedic. I'm a proud husband, father and dog dad. I enjoy fly fishing, camping, and exploring the mountains of Colorado. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Happy Over-landing!

Attachments

Kalikianō

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Allen
Member #

2005 Jeep LJR

4yrold & I love to go camping & "jeepin" but venturing too far off the beaten path is a bit sketch just us two so joined up in hopes of meeting like my folks. Our go-to areas are the Cle Elum and Chelan areas where we own 20acres of offgrid property for just this purpose

Originally from the Midwest so feel the ways of the off-road Jedi experience is ok.

Recently met a chap that said overlanding to him was going just far enough in the Subaru folks couldn't reach & think this fits my idea well regarding our question to escape the masses.

View attachment 50155
Gorgeous scenery and amazing rig! Welcome!

Josh Hartung

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey all! I'm excited to join up with such an active community of overlanders. I'm currently Portland-based and began my overlanding journey last year when I bought my 2001 Toyota Tacoma DC. Great rig and I've found it to be extremely capable, though it could use lockers. OME lift, KO2s, ARB/Warn combo on the front, CVT and Rhino Pioneer on the top. Lots left to do, but that's just part of the fun!

Looking forward to meeting other folks on here, especially in the NW region and with kids (I've got a 4yr and 2yr old, both girls). I'm planning a 4-5 day in Southern Oregon though Christmas Valley, an antelope preserve (?!?), and ending in the expansive playa of the Alvord Desert. LMK if you're interested and I may just open it up to the group.

ChasWG

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all! So this Overlanding thing... Sort of new to all this off-road stuff. Every car I have ever owned or worked on before was about lowering it and making it go around corners faster. It all started with my love of vintage British sports cars and one, built from the ground up 1963 MG Midget that I turned into a Vintage Racer back in the 90's.

But now everything is about going up. So different. My son and I bought a 95 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) last May and have been slowly bringing it back to life. By all rights it should have been a parts car, but my son was so intent on getting started, I couldn't say no to him one more time. We looked at a lot of cheap Jeeps.

In the end, we now have a very solid core to make into a terrific overlanding vehicle. But there is A LOT more work to do on this truck.
Currently it is this:
1995 Jeep XJ
4.0L
AW4 transmission
231J transfer case with a Advanced Adapters SYE kit
Dana HP 30 (27 spline) front axle
Chrysler 8.25 (29 spline) rear axle
Jeep ZJ rear disc brake conversion
15x8.5 steel wheels with 31" A/T tires
DIYoffroadproducts, weld your own front winch bumper kit
JCR mid frame stiffeners
4.5" lift -
3.5" Pro Comp rear leaf + Rusty's Shackles (1.5") The XJ has a bit of a rake for now
4.5" Rubicon Express coils in front
Rusty's HD tie rod and TREs
RE adjustable Track Bar
RE sway bar disconnects
Rusty's upper and lower adjustable control arms
All new bushings, ball joints and ends Basically an all new front suspention
upgraded 4 port injectors and 62mm throttle body
and electric fan override switch
I am currently working on my home made rock sliders and next a custom rear bumper.

This Jeep has come a long way from being towed to my house to actually getting out and going off road, but it still has a long way to go before it can truly be called an Overland rig. But I look forward to the journey

Anyhow, thanks for the community. I hope to meet as many OB members as possible!

The image below was from earlier this year on the XJs maiden voyage into taking it back off road.
XJ on MT top.jpg

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all! So this Overlanding thing... Sort of new to all this off-road stuff. Every car I have ever owned or worked on before was about lowering it and making it go around corners faster. It all started with my love of vintage British sports cars and one, built from the ground up 1963 MG Midget that I turned into a Vintage Racer back in the 90's.

But now everything is about going up. So different. My son and I bought a 95 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) last May and have been slowly bringing it back to life. By all rights it should have been a parts car, but my son was so intent on getting started, I couldn't say no to him one more time. We looked at a lot of cheap Jeeps.

In the end, we now have a very solid core to make into a terrific overlanding vehicle. But there is A LOT more work to do on this truck.
Currently it is this:
1995 Jeep XJ
4.0L
AW4 transmission
231J transfer case with a Advanced Adapters SYE kit
Dana HP 30 (27 spline) front axle
Chrysler 8.25 (29 spline) rear axle
Jeep ZJ rear disc brake conversion
15x8.5 steel wheels with 31" A/T tires
DIYoffroadproducts, weld your own front winch bumper kit
JCR mid frame stiffeners
upgraded 4 port injectors and 62mm throttle body
and electric fan override switch
I am currently working on my home made rock sliders.

This Jeep has come a long way from being towed to my house to actually getting out and going off road, but it still has a long way to go before it can truly be called an Overland rig. But I look forward to the journey

Anyhow, thanks for the community. I hope to meet as many OB members as possible!

The image below was from earlier this year on the XJs maiden voyage into taking it back off road.
View attachment 50201
Very nice build out. I'm sure it was a labor of love. And boy do I miss my 71 MGBGT.

ChasWG

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Very nice build out. I'm sure it was a labor of love. And boy do I miss my 71 MGBGT.
Yeah, the British sports car thing never leaves your system. I used to also own a '75 MGB. Such a fun car and that was my first car back in HS. Yeah, knowing what I know now and being back then in 1982... LOL! I worked at a place in Denver called, Scotland Yard. We sold parts and services for British sports cars. I did that for 11 years and that is where I got my mechanical skills and love for messing with cars.

And yes, it has been a labor of love with this Jeep. It lives here at my house and my son is off at college learning to become a mechanical engineer, so my building buddy isn't always around to help out. I don't always do stuff to the project until he gets a chance to come home. I could do all the stuff, but its a father/son project. So its a bit slow.

Thanks for the kind words!

Molonlabemike

Rank 0

Traveler I

Warning- New guy ALERT

Hey Everyone!

1) Bam! Spoiler Alert, its a Jeep
2) Location: Rancho Cucamonga CA
3) Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Growing up in the Scouts we were always camping, hiking, backpacking, ect and have continued to do so over the years. With our first in progress I have placed my ADV bike life on pause and doing less bike oriented travel and more in the Jeep. If its broke, I can probably fix it and its not broke, I can probably brake it. I am really looking forward to being a contributor where I can and meeting like minded folks.

Attachments

Hawley

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) ummm picture a white jeep... pictures will come I promise.
2) Bozeman,MT. North of Yellowstone National Park for those unfamiliar with Montana
3) 2017 Jeep Renegade Spot 4x4, 1.4l #manualmasterrace
3.5) Previous vehicle: 1990 4runner 3.0l to swapped 3.4l
4) Beginner? Not a Novice but I know some things.

XTACO

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey everyone, brand new to Overlanding but I'm big on anything outdoors. Love camping, mountain biking, fishing, and just about anything that has to do with the outdoors. Finally took the plunge and bought myself a 4x4 and am excited to start experiencing what Overlanding is all about.

I'm from El Paso, Tx and looking for anyone wanting to plan an excursion. I have a 2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad with a rooftop tent on order. A beginner with Overlanding but I have quite a bit camping experience.

Gunmetal

Rank I

Contributor III

1) Location: Moscow, ID
3) Rig: 2006 Toyota Tundra DC with 122k miles on her. Suspension will need some help eventually as we start tackling harder trails. Hoping to fit an OME or Bilstein kit with Camburg UCA's in the budget someday.
4) Overlanding Experience: New to overlanding as a concept but I've grown up truck camping, 4-wheeling, dirt biking, backpacking, and just spending time outdoors whenever I can. Now with two kids and a wife, we've wanted to find something we can do together and to that end, we just want to explore wherever the road takes us (at least until an unhappy toddler makes us turn around, oh well!).

upload_2018-3-8_9-41-38.png

TacomaMarkIII

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Everyone!!

1) Picture! Just took this Pic on a trip to the snow, still building the Rig out.
2) Location: San Diego, California
3) Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road custom build
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice for sure. I started camping with some friends, saw some rigs and thought "that looks awesome!" so now im diving in.

Attachments

Traveler I

Daytona Beach, Florida
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Dan
Hey everyone! My name is Noah and I am a full time college student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL. I'm studying AMS (how to fix them good ole airplanes). I have loved everything and anything overland/offroad related since I was a kid. I recently sold my Jeep Jk 2-door crawler build in favor of more long-distance-travel type vehicle. I found a great deal on a 2004 Discovery II in excellent condition. I look forward to being part of the community! I will post pictures of the rig once I pick her up tomorrow. If anyone has advice on the world of Rover, please please help me out. It's all new to me; I have been a Jeep guy all my life.