Contributor I

Palestine Illinois
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Brock
Member #

Hi to all.
I'm from little town of Palestine. It's in east/central Illinois.
I have a 2017 Inferno Orange Tacoma W/RTT.
I love to go camping and seeing new scenery. We took off on a 18 day adventure last year. Took mostly back roads from SD to ID. We just loved it!!!
I hope to get a lot out of this web. Learn more, see more, and enjoy more!
Thanx :)

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Joseph Solin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Solin
Member #

Hi to all.
I'm from little town of Palestine. It's in east/central Illinois.
I have a 2017 Inferno Orange Tacoma W/RTT.
I love to go camping and seeing new scenery. We took off on a 18 day adventure last year. Took mostly back roads from SD to ID. We just loved it!!!
I hope to get a lot out of this web. Learn more, see more, and enjoy more!
Thanx :)
Welcome to the group.

Niko Caignie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

Hi, my name is Liam, i am new to overlanding and from Europe.
I have a deep love for nature and adventure and hope to find good tips and knowledge to overlanding.
1) Location: kampenhout ( close to Brussels), Belgium

2) rig: isuzu d-max 2017

3) i have done small trips with my previous car (nissan terrano 2 ).

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Niko Caignie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

Hi!

New overlanding member from Rumst, Belgium.
Running also a Isuzu Dmax Double Cab. With various modifications.
New to the scene but not new to overland travel.
Looking forward to see more Belgians here!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Niko Caignie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Christoph
I've had a love for the outdoors and have been on many hiking and camping trips, but I'm looking for a new challenge and something to change things up a bit

Homebase: Ham, belgium
Vehicle: 2016 VW amarok
Experience: none, but eager to learnView attachment 47869

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using OB Talk mobile app
Hi!
New overlanding member from Rumst, Belgium.
Running also a Isuzu Dmax Double Cab. With various modifications.
New to the scene but not new to overland travel.
Looking forward to see more Belgians here!

pavehawkazfe

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Hey everyone,

My name is Petey and I am from southern AZ, I have a 98 Jeep XJ and I look forward to getting back out nature and getting some time away from this crazy life. I would love to do an off road/back road trip across the US, coast to coast and south to north.

Cheers!

Zach’s Yota

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rochester, MN
Member #

Hello! My name is Zach.

Rig: 2004 4runnner Sr5 4x4
Experience: Novice. I’ve been on a handful of overlanding and off-roading trips ranging from southeast US, northeast US to Midwest US. My wife and I moved to the Midwest a little over a year ago, and since then have explored a large portion of MN all the way up to Thunder Bay, Canada. We enjoy hiking, camping, climbing and off-roading.
Currently, the next mod for Adventure is mounting my c4 lo pro winch bumper. Excited to meet people and get to know some local areas for adventure.
Here are some shots of my build:

Attachments

Derek50

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Member #

Derek P
Eastern Iowa
New to overlanding but it has sparked my interest since watching the first episode of Expedition Overland.
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the ex-wife is taking it in the divorce and leaving me with a mini van. Currently looking for a Jeep XJ!

Can't wait to take some short trips with my 4 year old son this summer. Going to do as much camping and fishing as possible.

driftertrailers

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rincon, Ga.
Member #

Hello,
I'm Steve Looking forward to reading and studying the maps you guys have on this site.
The white XJ was our primary rig. We recently sold it and plan to start using the Tundra for our trips.

I live in southeast Ga. Near Savannah

I built the trailer and we use it almost every weekend.

As far as overlanding, We have been riding back roads, forest service roads and camping for ever. Always thought we were the only ones that were into this type of relaxing / exploring.
Its nice to see a forum dedicated to help others enjoy the outdoors.

EGB

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
EGB here
Area Costa Mesa Ca
Rig 2008 Land Rover LR2
I’m new to overlanding and I’m excited to be part of the group.
Thanks

Attachments

Chrissy723JKU

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Elizabeth City, NC
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chritine but I go by Chrissy or Chris. After years of owning jeeps and building them up I realized I needing something new. I needed to take my rig and experience the outdoors. I became interested in overlanding by watching videos on YouTube of people’s adventures like IamJake, Coyote works, and overland bound when it clicked that instead of living through these videos I need to get my ass out there and experience it. I can’t wait to network with everyone!

Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Experience: Novice

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chritine but I go by Chrissy or Chris. After years of owning jeeps and building them up I realized I needing something new. I needed to take my rig and experience the outdoors. I became interested in overlanding by watching videos on YouTube of people’s adventures like IamJake, Coyote works, and overland bound when it clicked that instead of living through these videos I need to get my ass out there and experience it. I can’t wait to network with everyone!

Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Experience: Novice
Welcome to the fun. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Chrissy723JKU

jarrel3018

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all,

I am Jason, my friends call me Jason. You can call me Jason too. lol. New to overlanding. My wife and I decided one day to work less and enjoy life more and what a better way to enjoy life than by getting out there and living it. Just bought a membership and looking to connect with fellow overlander's to learn from and convoy with.

Rig: 2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Experience: Novice but eager to learn from the expierenced.

Norcal Overlanders

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento, CA, USA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Praveen Singh, Sacramento,CA
My Rig is a 2013 Tacoma , with 3" Bilstein Lift kit , Leightner Designs Rack and a RTT
I have a lot of experience off road which started back in Fiji . Love to travel and meet new people.

Attachments

jarrel3018

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Praveen Singh, Sacramento,CA
My Rig is a 2013 Tacoma , with 3" Bilstein Lift kit , Leightner Designs Rack and a RTT
I have a lot of experience off road which started back in Fiji . Love to travel and meet new people.

Man sweet ride. I spy a Leitner ACS? I just installed one of those on my rig last night. Cant wait to put it to work.

Reactions: Norcal Overlanders

NJ 150

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings, all!
I'm Will from NJ
Vehicle is an '09 F-150 FX4 with rear locker and 6" suspension lift
I am a Geologist whose had this rig since new and within a year I had it lifted and was finding adventurous places to explore. I am looking for adventures for myself and my 5 year-old son to partake in. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

Attachments