First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Rig: 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
Overlanding Experience: Novice so far, No extreme off roading yet!
Have done lots of "Car Camping" over the years, mostly back country areas. Also "camped" out in many interesting areas while traveling around the country. When the sun is setting and the weather is getting bad you dont have many options, you have to get creative... Like a Walmart parking lot in NoWheresVille in the middle of a blizzard... Thankfully with my rig camp is anywhere I park.
Looking forward to connecting with the Overland Bound community and meeting up while on my travels. See you out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound! Nice looking rig. Hope to hear about your adventures!

Reactions: Elena Grace

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hi, I'm Kyle from central Indiana. I got the overlanding / off roading bug about 9 years ago. It started with my 95' Mitsubishi Montero. That thing was a beast and always felt like I was going on a safari every time I got in it. We moved on to a 92' YJ and had a blast driving it until the frame broke. (Weird part is it handled the trails just fine with the broken frame, I didn't notice it was broken till it was time to air up the tires and go home.) Now we have a 97' Grand Cherokee and a 04' Suburban, we are very happy with both. We look forward to having adventures with our kids and meeting new friends.

Thank you to everybody that has put so much effort into this website it is awesome.
And Michael, keep making the videos on youtube they are great, we really enjoy watching them.
Welcome to Overland Bound Kyle! Nice looking rig. Hope to hear about your adventures!

Reactions: Elena Grace

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hello all, I have mostly 4x4 short run experience. So I am limited to the Overland experience, especially since in the South East there is not a lot, at least that i have found yet, that i can do. I have a 2011 Ram 3500 crew cab short bed with a cummins motor. Lifted 8", 37" Nitto Tires, and a few other extras at the moment. I am current planning my first big trip for next August and looking forward to reading as much as possible to learn, prepare, and maybe try to gain some new friends, and maybe talk a few of you into joining me. Thank you all very much, and looking forward to speaking with you. I am from Columbia SC
Welcome to Overland Bound! Nice looking rig. Hope to hear about your adventures!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hello everyone!

My name is Dan and I live in Boise, ID with my wife and 2 kids. I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 and a 2002 Ford E-350 4x4 home-built camper van. I have been "off-roading" ever since I first got my license, but after many years and many different vehicles, I have really come to enjoy the "overlanding" aspect of adventure. I love getting out and exploring with my family!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with others in the area that share the same passion of exploring and getting outside!

Cheers,
Dan

View attachment 42488 View attachment 42489
Welcome to Overland Bound! Nice looking Van. Hope to hear about your adventures!

Vwtech

Rank 0

Traveler I

4273BCC9-CA62-407A-8BA1-CFC891033518.jpeg E72A096F-2B94-4095-9307-D422B8374B9C.jpeg Hey everyone!
Vehicles: 1998 4runner Limited, 2011 BMW G650GS
Lots of experience off roading, and remote camping.

I work as a full time mechanic, and part time EMT. I’ve loved camping my whole life, and off roading since the day I could drive. I’ve owned a couple Wranglers, and a couple XJ’s over the years, but so far my favorite has been my 4runner. Im excited to learn from all the members here, and hear about some cool vehicles, and travel stories.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 42519 View attachment 42520 Hey everyone!
Vehicles: 1998 4runner Limited, 2011 BMW G650GS
Lots of experience off roading, and remote camping.

I work as a full time mechanic, and part time EMT. I’ve loved camping my whole life, and off roading since the day I could drive. I’ve owned a couple Wranglers, and a couple XJ’s over the years, but so far my favorite has been my 4runner. Im excited to learn from all the members here, and hear about some cool vehicles, and travel stories.
Hi Vwtech and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: 11Chuck and Vwtech

Kenstaroni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Hi, my name is Ken. I am from Middle TN and started doing some overlanding a couple years ago. I've been an outdoor enthusiast for years though. Currently about to start building an 18' T4R TRD Off-road. Previously owned a 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2008 FJ Crusier and a few other Toyotas. Glad to be a member on here.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, my name is Ken. I am from Middle TN and started doing some overlanding a couple years ago. I've been an outdoor enthusiast for years though. Currently about to start building an 18' T4R TRD Off-road. Previously owned a 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2008 FJ Crusier and a few other Toyotas. Glad to be a member on here.
Hi Ken and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88

Nicolas Majdalani

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lebanon, Beirut
First Name
Nicolas
Last Name
Majdalani
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Attachments

cavalryblue

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Springfield, Oregon
Member #

View attachment 24553 Hi, my name is Chad and I am located in Eugene, Oregon. My vehicle is a 2015 Toyota 4runner SR5. I've done a few trips in my previous 1983 Toyota FJ60 but lately just day trips in the local area. I'm slowly building this to do long weekend runs and maybe a few 4-5 day trips in the West.
Brad, i'm in Springfield, Oregon. 2018 TRD Pro. Theres a facebook group I belong to called Oregon Overlanders, that you may want to check out.

Chris M.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nv.
Hi I'm Chris, I'm a father and husband. I cherish the time I have outdoors and adventures I take.
Excited to meet like minded people and do some off roading.

1) Picture! Below are pictures of my rig
2) Location: Santa Clara, CA
3) Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD offroad
4) Overlanding Experience Background: novice but excited to learn!

IMG_4876.JPG IMG_4881.JPGIMG_3293.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi I'm Chris, I'm a father and husband. I cherish the time I have outdoors and adventures I take.
Excited to meet like minded people and do some off roading.

1) Picture! Below are pictures of my rig
2) Location: Santa Clara, CA
3) Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD offroad
4) Overlanding Experience Background: novice but excited to learn!

View attachment 42630 View attachment 42631View attachment 42632
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

Gregg here, Been an adventurer and explorer most of my life. In fact, was exploring wild places in my Jeep Cherokee before "overloading" was a thing. (at least in the U.S.) Now have an 08 Commander, Sport 4x4. Can't wait to do all the mods I have planned. They've already started ...
Based in Middle Ga.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Gregg here, Been an adventurer and explorer most of my life. In fact, was exploring wild places in my Jeep Cherokee before "overloading" was a thing. (at least in the U.S.) Now have an 08 Commander, Sport 4x4. Can't wait to do all the mods I have planned. They've already started ...
Based in Middle Ga.
Hi Gregg and welcome to OB! Nice looking Commander! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Lyb

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado
Hi all. I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring after perusing this site many times over the years. I love the outdoors and hitting the back roads and moderate trails with my current rig, a 2011 F250 Superduty with the 6.7 diesel. The mountains and rivers of Colorado and the western states are where I enjoy exploring. IMG_0640.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all. I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring after perusing this site many times over the years. I love the outdoors and hitting the back roads and moderate trails with my current rig, a 2011 F250 Superduty with the 6.7 diesel. The mountains and rivers of Colorado and the western states are where I enjoy exploring. View attachment 42638
Hi Lyb and welcome to OB! Nice looking F250! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!