Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

AlexG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kingsburg, CA
Member #

I too liked the Durango but didn't they only make the new ones two wheel drive?
I,m not to sure about the newer models but I think they're all wheel drive. I know some older models a 2wd was available. I got mine a few years back, a 2003. 4wd with a rear LSD.

Reactions: John D.

Traveler I

Hi! I'm EarthExpeditions, (aka Justin), and I have an 06 LJ Rubicon, getting closer and closer to overland ready (the LJ, maybe me), I've actually been camping with a vehicle for a long time, and while I haven't done a ton of "overlanding" per se, I've been wheeling for years, and backcountry exporing for even longer. I follow the KISS mentality, Keep It Simple Stupid. I break that rule once in a while. I just love vehicles, camping, and being outdoors, and this allows me to do all of those things. I'm probably going to go to another vehicle platform eventually, but for now, this LJ sort of works... :) I have a wife, 8 year old, and a dog... most of the time, I "overland" solo, or phone a friend, LOL

My jeep is set up with a 4.5" RE springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Metal Cloak Duraflex adjustable control arms, factory lockers front and rear with the custom "bypass" wiring so I can run lockers in 4 hi or 4 lo, I used to have this ARB bumper on (also modified), but have since ditched it for a modified stock bumper... as this thing just weighs too much! I have a winch, CB, tablet for maps, GPS, carpet delete mod, corner guards, the rocker guards that were on it when I bought it, I usually run the hard top since I've lived in MD, but have soft top, soft doors, relocation mirrors, etc. It also has a poison spider hood louver, a few extra lights, etc. Also has aftermarket track bars, tie rod/ drag link, engine/ trans skid, and probably more mods that I'm forgetting.

I started building a custom shelf/ storage system for the back, but it's been a slow work in progress. I usually follow backcountry backpacking principles for packing, so I can fit camping gear in here easily for a week, if I'm going with just my son... if wife and dog come, then maybe 3 days. Then I add the hitch rack and I can still hit a week.

I've been a lot of places, but my family schedule doesn't allow me to be out for more than a couple days usually, so I'm really good at 2 days, 1 night, or day trips.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hi! I'm EarthExpeditions, (aka Justin), and I have an 06 LJ Rubicon, getting closer and closer to overland ready (the LJ, maybe me), I've actually been camping with a vehicle for a long time, and while I haven't done a ton of "overlanding" per se, I've been wheeling for years, and backcountry exporing for even longer. I follow the KISS mentality, Keep It Simple Stupid. I break that rule once in a while. I just love vehicles, camping, and being outdoors, and this allows me to do all of those things. I'm probably going to go to another vehicle platform eventually, but for now, this LJ sort of works... :) I have a wife, 8 year old, and a dog... most of the time, I "overland" solo, or phone a friend, LOL

My jeep is set up with a 4.5" RE springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Metal Cloak Duraflex adjustable control arms, factory lockers front and rear with the custom "bypass" wiring so I can run lockers in 4 hi or 4 lo, I used to have this ARB bumper on (also modified), but have since ditched it for a modified stock bumper... as this thing just weighs too much! I have a winch, CB, tablet for maps, GPS, carpet delete mod, corner guards, the rocker guards that were on it when I bought it, I usually run the hard top since I've lived in MD, but have soft top, soft doors, relocation mirrors, etc. It also has a poison spider hood louver, a few extra lights, etc. Also has aftermarket track bars, tie rod/ drag link, engine/ trans skid, and probably more mods that I'm forgetting.

I started building a custom shelf/ storage system for the back, but it's been a slow work in progress. I usually follow backcountry backpacking principles for packing, so I can fit camping gear in here easily for a week, if I'm going with just my son... if wife and dog come, then maybe 3 days. Then I add the hitch rack and I can still hit a week.

I've been a lot of places, but my family schedule doesn't allow me to be out for more than a couple days usually, so I'm really good at 2 days, 1 night, or day trips.

Welcome Earth Expedition and I know you'll love it here.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hi Guys,

New to the group and just got my number but will have to wait a few days for badge etc from the US.

Location: Small village in the North West of England although originally from Scotland : )
Rig: 2012 land Rover Discovery 4
Experience: I guess seasoned lol. Spent 23 years in the military and been driving off road rigs for probably about 35 years. "ALWAYS" looking to increase my knowledge so looking forward to reading the threads and picking up tips to make life easier : )

Kenny
(Airborne Medic)

View attachment 36438 View attachment 36439
Welcome Airborne Medic. I spent a few months in England waay back in 79'. RAF Fairford.

Reactions: AIRBORNE MEDIC

Patriklees

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Moreno Valley, CA
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Patrick. I live in southern California (inland empire area). My experience is mostly 4wheelin and camping, so I look forward to learning more about overlanding. I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser.
1000485.jpg

Lost Girls

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX
First Name
Leia
Last Name
Feray
Member #

We're just beginning this adventure and super excited! We are buying our first overland vehicle (2018 4Runner) and we can't wait to get out there and explore and probably get lost! We're both avid hikers, campers, kayakers, fisherwoman, bikers, hunters, and all things outdoors. Looking forward to meeting other members out there!
See ya on the trail,
Leia & Keri aka "The Lost Girls" Member 7967
Austin, Tx

TimsterAZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, Arizona
Member #

Hi everyone. My wife and I are new to overlanding, but we are very excited to be part of the crew at Overlandbound!! We have called Tucson AZ our home for the last 12 years, but we are both originally from NYC. We are looking forward to our 2014 Jeep Wrangler taking us on adventures that only the outdoors can provide and we can't wait to share and enjoy them with the crew at Overlandbound!! Thanks again!!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hi everyone. My wife and I are new to overlanding, but we are very excited to be part of the crew at Overlandbound!! We have called Tucson AZ our home for the last 12 years, but we are both originally from NYC. We are looking forward to our 2014 Jeep Wrangler taking us on adventures that only the outdoors can provide and we can't wait to share and enjoy them with the crew at Overlandbound!! Thanks again!!
Welcome TimsterAZ