Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I found an older pic of my Tundra that I posted up in the "Members Ride" post. Where else can I post pictures? Thanks!
I would do a vehicle build thread and give us a brief history of how it came along; as well as including pictures, if possible.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 2032 I just joined the group, I have an 01 jeep cherokee xj.
And I finally got the worn out engine rebuilt and will be installing it soon. So finally I think I can drive it on longer trips without fear of it breaking down on me.
Been living in Moab, Utah for over 20 years now, but I haven't explored nearly enough!
This spring I plan on driving the Lockhart Basin trail, for sure.
Welcome to the group,

Reactions: Bob

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi @rootUser and welcome to the Overland Bound forum! You'll find a wealth of information here, and a lot of great people to chat with, learn from, and share experiences with.

Welcome aboard!

ABN1911

Rank 0

Contributor I

NC
Hey all, I'm Jonathan.
Location - NC
Rig - Soon
Experience - Beginner

Have experience with light off roading, but nothing major. Currently looking to get rid of my car and purchase a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR. As with most new hobbies, just here to soak up the knowledge.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all, I'm Jonathan.
Location - NC
Rig - Soon
Experience - Beginner

Have experience with light off roading, but nothing major. Currently looking to get rid of my car and purchase a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR. As with most new hobbies, just here to soak up the knowledge.
Welcome. There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey all,

I am new to the forum, just doping in to say hello.

Location -> Denver, CO
Rig -> 2013 Toyota Tacoma
Experience -> Have been camping and wheeling since I was little.
Welcome to the Group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey all, I'm Jonathan.
Location - NC
Rig - Soon
Experience - Beginner

Welcome to the Group,

Pierson2214

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone! My wife and I are just now getting into overlanding. We are from Eastern WA, and we drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We haven't made many modifications to it yet but they are coming. We are currently novice at overlanding but we are willing to learn and just enjoy exploring whatever we can find. We are big outdoorsy people that try to get into the woods with our dogs whenever we are away from work. Glad to be a part of the group. I do have an instagram account if you want to see our adventures, just follow @pierson610jeep1.JPG jeep2.JPG

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone! My wife and I are just now getting into overlanding. We are from Eastern WA, and we drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We haven't made many modifications to it yet but they are coming. We are currently novice at overlanding but we are willing to learn and just enjoy exploring whatever we can find. We are big outdoorsy people that try to get into the woods with our dogs whenever we are away from work. Glad to be a part of the group. I do have an instagram account if you want to see our adventures, just follow @pierson610View attachment 2104 View attachment 2105
Welcome to the forum. Good to see another JKU on here.

Reactions: Pierson2214

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
1) Location: Phoenix, AZ
2) Rig 2011 FJ Cruiser OME Lift, Warrior Flat Roof Rack, Cooper AT/3 tires, Dual Ham radios and CB, RAM iPad Mount, other electronic gizmos
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced but always learning.

I found your site from a link, to a link, to a link! Ha Ha.... I have had my FJ for 3 years. Before that I had a Honda Element for 10. Once I purchased the FJ it was off to the races.

I have been to and done the following in 3 years
Overland Expo
FJ Summit
AZ Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
Utah Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
North Rim
Mohave Road
El Camino Del Diablo
7 days in Baja
Just got back from Death Valley
Countless other trips within AZ
Lots of upcoming trips

I also purchased and sold an M416 trailer and now have a large DIY trailer similar to a Turtleback Trailer. I also have a web site. 4XOverlandAdventures.com or 4XOA.com

I spend way too much time on Expedition Portal and IH8MUD. I hang out with the Copperstate Cruisers and AZFJ folks.

I'm a pilot by profession and at times it gives me the time off to do all of these trips. I would love to quit my job and drive from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego (Been there by air)

Every trip is a learning experience and I don't claim to know it all.

Here's my setup less the new Warrior Roof Rack.

Happy Trails!
Chris

Reactions: SLO Rob and ShawnR