Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello Everyone,

So glad to be part of such an awesome group! I can't wait for the adventures to begin!

Rig: 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71
Experience: I would consider myself an intermediate off-roader. I started off-roading a few years ago when I began working for Front Runner Outfitters and now I can't stop traveling. From the Sierras to an eclipse in the Northwest, I just want to do it all.

Cheers,
Bryan View attachment 35716
Hello Bryan and welcome to OB! I am looking forward to seeing photos of your travels!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello all. I'm Jason, live just south of Atlanta. I'm a GM guy and recently acquired my latest and hopefully final expo rig a 2006 gmc 2500HD ccsb 4x4 with the 6.6 duramax and Allison transmission. It has 68k miles on it and is time capsule condition. Right now it is bone stock but that will change. My build goals are to actually build as little as possible and use it exploring as much as possible. I look forward to following along with this group and contribute as I can.View attachment 35911

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Hello Jason and Welcome to OB! Nice Rig!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

From CT glad I finally got this log in situated. Have to rigs a 90 FJ 62 and a 06 LR3. Love them both. They definitely have their own place around here. If I can help or talk about my personal experiences with them please contact me. Would love to help

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
Hey lowwill and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys and gals. My name is Stephen and I just joined at Overland Expo East this weekend. Currently driving and building a 2016 4wd 4Runner. I don’t really have trail driving experience, just plenty of camping experience. I’m hoping to get better at both.

I’m down in Savannah, GA...... land of no elevation! I look forward to meeting a lot of you.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi Stephen and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Overland bound community,
My name is Jonathan Perry, I'm from Purlear, North Carolina. Last year I bought my first Jeep. A 1996 Cherokee that I have named Geronimo. From the first moment I laid my eyes on it I fell in love with it so I purchased it. Since I have purchased Geronimo it has gives me a sense of adventure that I never had before and I love driving it. I have a lot of plans for Geronimo and I can't wait to read the forums and talk to the community to get ideas.I can't wait for the many adventures my wife and I have planed for it as well and I hope to meet a bunch of you guys and gals on the way. Safe travels from NC!View attachment 35891View attachment 35892 View attachment 35893 View attachment 35894View attachment 35895
Hi Johnny and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all. I'm Jason, live just south of Atlanta. I'm a GM guy and recently acquired my latest and hopefully final expo rig a 2006 gmc 2500HD ccsb 4x4 with the 6.6 duramax and Allison transmission. It has 68k miles on it and is time capsule condition. Right now it is bone stock but that will change. My build goals are to actually build as little as possible and use it exploring as much as possible. I look forward to following along with this group and contribute as I can.View attachment 35911

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

CaseyW

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

Hello, we live in Seattle, and our present rig is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but also thinking of building a Jeep XJ. Not that experienced in overlanding, but have grown up camping and want to continue enjoying the outdoors. I love photography and cooking and both are fun and challenging on the road. Related experience includes about four years of off-road TSD rallying with a Subaru WRX all over the backroads of WA, OR and BC in both summer and winter. Also hold a HAM license.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, we live in Seattle, and our present rig is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but also thinking of building a Jeep XJ. Not that experienced in overlanding, but have grown up camping and want to continue enjoying the outdoors. I love photography and cooking and both are fun and challenging on the road. Related experience includes about four years of off-road TSD rallying with a Subaru WRX all over the backroads of WA, OR and BC in both summer and winter. Also hold a HAM license.
Hey Casey and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Chadlyb

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

From CT glad I finally got this log in situated. Have to rigs a 90 FJ 62 and a 06 LR3. Love them both. They definitely have their own place around here. If I can help or talk about my personal experiences with them please contact me. Would love to help

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! Those are some mighty fine rigs you've got there!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello neighbor and welcome to the OB crew...nice jeep

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Name: Rob
Location: Ripon, CA (sandwiched between Modesto and Stockton)
Current Vehicle: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, 1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE
Previous Vehicle: 1995 Toyota 4Runner
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Discovered this group from the YouTube channel. Great content here. You all know your stuff.
I am getting back into exploring the dirt after almost 20 years without a rig. I have a little bit of experience having done the Miller Jeep Trail a couple of times in a bone stock 1995 4Runner. A couple years ago I picked up a 1993 Pathfinder for $400 that needed an alternator. Well, it needed that and a transmission with 1st and 4th gear. I've been using it to putt around town but have been itching to explore the area. Yesterday, I bought a 2003 Montero. It's pretty clean and the prior owner seemed to have taken great care of it. It has 122,000 on it and drives great. He couldn't remember changing the timing belt so that is something I'll do right away. His wife drove the truck to work and back and they kept in the garage. She hit a dog with it and cracked the bumper. I plan on doing some minor work on it. Would like to put sliders on it, add a wench, and protect the rear bumper.
Trying to decide if I should sell the Pathfinder or keep it and let my 16-year-old son wheel it with me (after we replace the transmission). Leaning on selling since it's pretty much a tin can when it comes to safety.

I have three kids and they all love the Montero (one of the reasons I wanted a 7 seater). Even the wife is impressed.

Looking forward to being a part of this. Are there many Montero rigs in the group?

View attachment 35664 View attachment 35665 View attachment 35666 View attachment 35667 View attachment 35668 View attachment 35670 View attachment 35671
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Member 5271 here.
Name: Jason A. Brueggen
Rigs: 1996 4Runner Limited, 1997 4Runner SR5 5 speed
My family and I love exploring trails whenever possible. Both rigs capable of wheeling but the 96 is built for more difficult terrain. I'm a bit of an introvert so I don't go to meets usually if I don't know anybody but I'd love to meet some locals that don't bash each other b/c of what they drive and how they drive it.
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! Here at Overland Bound, it doesn't matter what you drive! We have a thread for brand jokes, but you will not find any trash talk about vehicle brands here!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello from the south west of France, near Bordeaux, yes the wine area :yum: I have built a "slide on" on my 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 l extra cab and have spent at least sixty or seventy nyghts in it but it's still in process. My next trip will bee in the pyrennées mountains at the border of Spain. Excuse my spelling that might be hazardous but I don't practise anymore my englich writting. Well that's all for the moment. If you have questions you are welcome. Take care.
Alain
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Here's my 1994 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser in Alberta last year. She is affectionately named "Landy" by my little sister when she pulled in our driveway 15 years ago. It was our family's trusty steed as we traveled across North America every summer for over 10 years. Recently it was passed on to me when my father opted for a 100 series. I've since taken it on the Labrador highway and up to the Yukon. The truck serves as my surf, fly-fishing and ski machine. Landy and I are currently on the road, exploring the west for the fall. Maybe Baja next? View attachment 35658 Cheers!

-Daniel

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Paul here - in Miami, FL.

We have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail. Only upgrades so far are tires - to the BFG AT T/A KO2s in 275/70/17, and I swapped out the roof rack for an older model...the older OEM one's a bit more functional than the 5th generation. Definitely a Novice. Not much "overlanding" to be done down here per se. We typically camp with no support other than what's brought with us, but I'd hardly call that overlanding. Why am I here? KNOWLEDGE! Planning one of those "once in a lifetime" trips in Utah and there will be plenty of vehicle-only supported travel during that time. The trip is 12-18 months away. This is the typical camp rig setup...of course it will change for the trip - no trailer.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

View attachment 35770
Name: Kaleb
Rig: '07 GX 470 Stock-ish
Skill Level: n00b

When I was a kid we went car camping a lot. I have always loved the outdoors but as life took more and more of my free time that outdoor life got less and less of my attention. Then one day it was time to get another car and I decided that car was going to allow me take my family camping where ever we could find time to... be it by off road or by travel trailer or overpacked road trip.
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! Getting the rig is a huge step forward, now it's time for the fun!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello Casey from Southern California. Welcome to OB and nice Grand Cherokee you have there. I am currently working on an XJ project of my own...it's been a process...tons of ideas all over the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: CaseyW