Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New member here

Name: Rick
Vehicles: 1998 Toyota Landcruiser, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 2010 Subaru Imprezza

Novice offroader/overlander. Recently acquired the Landcruiser with 147,000 miles and bone stock. Looking for suggestions for local shops that can install parts to make it more trailworthy. Bumpers, winch, suspension, front locker and such.
The wife and I are both retired and looking forward to exploring and spending time outdoors.
Hello neighbor...welcome to OB.....great platform for your build...please share as it progresses...

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
New member here

Name: Rick
Vehicles: 1998 Toyota Landcruiser, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 2010 Subaru Imprezza

Novice offroader/overlander. Recently acquired the Landcruiser with 147,000 miles and bone stock. Looking for suggestions for local shops that can install parts to make it more trailworthy. Bumpers, winch, suspension, front locker and such.
The wife and I are both retired and looking forward to exploring and spending time outdoors.
Hello Rick from Southern California. Welcome to OB...congrats on being retired...can't wait for that day to come! Catch ya out on the trails someday brother!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Member 5271 here.
Name: Jason A. Brueggen
Rigs: 1996 4Runner Limited, 1997 4Runner SR5 5 speed
My family and I love exploring trails whenever possible. Both rigs capable of wheeling but the 96 is built for more difficult terrain. I'm a bit of an introvert so I don't go to meets usually if I don't know anybody but I'd love to meet some locals that don't bash each other b/c of what they drive and how they drive it.
Hello Jason from Southern California. Welcome to OB...spending time with the family is whats it all about! I hear ya about being introverted but this bunch of guys will assist you any chance you give them...don't hesitate to get involved you won't be sorry. Catch ya on the trails brother!

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miguel here.

Vehicle: 1998 Toyota 4Runner limited
IMG_1926.JPG
Experience: Novice

We've been going to Boca Chica beach since I was a kid. Sometimes stayin for days on end. Now that I am older and a little deeper pockets looking to explore the rest of te US!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Miguel here.

View attachment 35598

We've been going to Boca Chica beach since I was a kid. Sometimes stayin for days on end. Now that I am older and a little deeper pockets looking to explore the rest of te US!
Hello Miguel from the Inland Empire. Welcome to OB...nice rig! Hope to see ya out on the trails brother.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Firelife

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Whitefish, Montana
Member #

Hey Everyone!

I'm pumped to be part of this community and to hopefully gain knowledge and experience in overlanding! I currently live in Whitefish, MT, but will be moving back to Northern Minnesota for the winter and spring. I drive an 04 Chevy Silverado Z71. I am pretty new to the overlanding scene. But I have been getting out on some trips this last winter and this summer, definitely finding what I am missing ha. I love being outdoors and just driving way off the beaten path and finding some great fishing spots. I will post a pic of my rig in a little.

Thanks for letting me join!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey Everyone!

I'm pumped to be part of this community and to hopefully gain knowledge and experience in overlanding! I currently live in Whitefish, MT, but will be moving back to Northern Minnesota for the winter and spring. I drive an 04 Chevy Silverado Z71. I am pretty new to the overlanding scene. But I have been getting out on some trips this last winter and this summer, definitely finding what I am missing ha. I love being outdoors and just driving way off the beaten path and finding some great fishing spots. I will post a pic of my rig in a little.

Hello Firelife from Southern California and welcome to OB! My daughter lives in Montana...some beautiful country up there in Hamilton when it's not on fire. Safe travels brother!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Hello northwest neighbor ...welcome to OB

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Miguel here.

View attachment 35598

Hi Miguel and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Hi Kory and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

rainbow94

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

DC
Member #

Here's my 1994 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser in Alberta last year. She is affectionately named "Landy" by my little sister when she pulled in our driveway 15 years ago. It was our family's trusty steed as we traveled across North America every summer for over 10 years. Recently it was passed on to me when my father opted for a 100 series. I've since taken it on the Labrador highway and up to the Yukon. The truck serves as my surf, fly-fishing and ski machine. Landy and I are currently on the road, exploring the west for the fall. Maybe Baja next? 193932370019_19.jpg Cheers!

-Daniel

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Here's my 1994 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser in Alberta last year. She is affectionately named "Landy" by my little sister when she pulled in our driveway 15 years ago. It was our family's trusty steed as we traveled across North America every summer for over 10 years. Recently it was passed on to me when my father opted for a 100 series. I've since taken it on the Labrador highway and up to the Yukon. The truck serves as my surf, fly-fishing and ski machine. Landy and I are currently on the road, exploring the west for the fall. Maybe Baja next? View attachment 35658 Cheers!

-Daniel
Welcome....nice Land cruiser

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Here's my 1994 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser in Alberta last year. She is affectionately named "Landy" by my little sister when she pulled in our driveway 15 years ago. It was our family's trusty steed as we traveled across North America every summer for over 10 years. Recently it was passed on to me when my father opted for a 100 series. I've since taken it on the Labrador highway and up to the Yukon. The truck serves as my surf, fly-fishing and ski machine. Landy and I are currently on the road, exploring the west for the fall. Maybe Baja next? View attachment 35658 Cheers!

-Daniel
Hi Daniel and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

Name: Bill
Local: Central Iowa
Vehicle: 2014 Jeep JK/Dinoot DIY trailer/Tepui RTT
Experience: Working on it....

Hi ya, folks. New member, old guy. Come from 30 years of backpacking. Would have come sooner had I known the benefits of a toothbrush with the handle still intact, cooking real food in cast iron instead of $6 packets of flavored freeze-dried sawdust reconstituted in a wafer thin tin pot , a 3" mattress instead of a half inch thick egg crate foam pad and most especially, a real camp chair with a back and arms instead of a rock. Why didn't any of you say something sooner?
Anyway, look forward to learning a bunch from you young guinea pi, rather, outdoorsmen and women.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Name: Bill
Local: Central Iowa
Vehicle: 2014 Jeep JK/Dinoot DIY trailer/Tepui RTT
Experience: Working on it....

Hi ya, folks. New member, old guy. Come from 30 years of backpacking. Would have come sooner had I known the benefits of a toothbrush with the handle still intact, cooking real food in cast iron instead of $6 packets of flavored freeze-dried sawdust reconstituted in a wafer thin tin pot , a 3" mattress instead of a half inch thick egg crate foam pad and most especially, a real camp chair with a back and arms instead of a rock. Why didn't any of you say something sooner?
Anyway, look forward to learning a bunch from you young guinea pi, rather, outdoorsmen and women.
Hi Bill and welcome to OB! Nice looking JK, trailer and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!