Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

IMG_7495.JPG IMG_7822.JPG Hi everyone, I'm new here, my name is Kalena, I am located on the Big Island of Hawaii, the Kailua-Kona side. I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road long bed. You can check out my Instagram to see my truck @808Taco_Latte. The mods have only begun on my truck as im always open to learning and improving. I'm new to the whole "overlanding" thing but love the outdoors and love to off road. Every weekend you can find me kicking up dust somewhere on the island.

Last edited:

KHeff

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
Heff
Rig: 2013 Land Rover LR4, 2005 Nissan Xterra
Experience: Lots of backpacking and light travel (Appalachian Trail, Colorado, Montana), forest roads and gravel in my rig. Working on a new true overland build with my D4, thanks!

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

WELCOME fellow Jeeper and East Bay overlander!

Hey all,
Another new member here.
Vehicles: 1986 Jeep CJ7 and 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (commuter)
Overlanding experience: I'd say I'm right in the middle. Done a bit of light wheeling , tons of camping (both backpacking and car), and hiking.
I love the out doors. Worked restoring cars for about 12 years then changed to working on people (now work as a nurse).
I'm really looking forward to getting the jeep out on more 4 wheel drive roads where I can end the day at a beautiful campsite. That's an ideal vacation in my book.
I'm also an old car junky and I'm sure I'm not alone here. I own 3 old British cars, and old Italian scooter, and vintage Japanese bike, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Really looking forward to meeting some like minded people here.

Bill
View attachment 31936 View attachment 31937
E

Reactions: billyballer

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

WELCOME!

...and what do you consider "central" California?

Another Hello from the Central Coast of CA!

My name is Guy and I like to Overland.
I grew up camping, exploring and off-roading but just recently learned the activity has a title, Overlanding!
My wife and our dog Bentley try and get out as often as possible and usually end up in the back hills of Central CA.
Overlandbound has been super helpful and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Shower Pouch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, California
Member #

Hi, Overland Bound.

My name is Mike Houston. Here is a pic of my rig. It's a 2012 Jeep Rubicon. I live in Culver City, Ca. I've been overlanding seriously the past 7 years. Prior to that, I was jeepin on the trails. I'm part of the most respected overlanding club called, SCORE (Southern California Offroad Explorers). I would consider myself very experienced. After being in the hobby for as long as I have been. I launched a product specific for those who overland for multiple days. It's called Shower Pouch (www.theshowerpouch.com). It's a full body wet wipe. Let me know if any of you want to try it out. I was recently featured on Expedition Portals web page for best body wet wipe. Cheers and thank you for welcoming to the forum. - Mike KK6PFM

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi, Overland Bound.

My name is Mike Houston. Here is a pic of my rig. It's a 2012 Jeep Rubicon. I live in Culver City, Ca. I've been overlanding seriously the past 7 years. Prior to that, I was jeepin on the trails. I'm part of the most respected overlanding club called, SCORE (Southern California Offroad Explorers). I would consider myself very experienced. After being in the hobby for as long as I have been. I launched a product specific for those who overland for multiple days. It's called Shower Pouch (www.theshowerpouch.com). It's a full body wet wipe. Let me know if any of you want to try it out. I was recently featured on Expedition Portals web page for best body wet wipe. Cheers and thank you for welcoming to the forum. - Mike KK6PFM
Welcome to OLB Mike!

Ha, my variety pack of ten of was just delivered yesterday. I'm looking forward to using and reviewing them on my trip from Maine to west Texas over the next couple weeks.

Hope you do well with your new product and business.

Dry roads and open skies, brother, good luck with it all.

Reactions: Shower Pouch

CO_R1T

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kaufer
Member #

20170817_211237.jpg
Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel 4x4
Overlanding Experience: Slightly above novice...? :yum:

Reactions: Kklena808

Railman

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Manhattan Il
Member #

Hello All,

Man Do I have the bug for some adventure. This seems to be such a great site and I have already paid to be a member. So much to learn. I had done some offloading in the late 90's in a 1975 Blazer I redid. Man I miss the thing.

I was reading about someones overloading adventure on the Dolton Highway (not on this site) and told my wife I really want to do this kind of stuff when we retire (13 years from now). She said "that 's awesome, but lets not wait to start these adventures." She is such a great wife, and we both share the love of exploring. So we are starting out small, even though I don't know how to do that, it's always jump in with both feet for me.

I have camped all my life and continued to do so for a couple of years after I met my wife. We started out in a tent, progressed to a pop-up for a year or two and then jumped into a 32 foot 5th wheel I rehabbed. Pulled that for a couple of trips and eventually bought a 30Ft travel trailer with slide outs and bunks to make it more comfy for the kids, and joined a Club near my house. So now it sits on my lot full-time with a nice deck and golf cart, but the adventure went away when we parked it there.

I bought my Wife a 95 Jeep YJ for a toy 4 years ago. It was always her dream to have a Wrangler. Due to some frame rust and some other issues I decided to sell the YJ and buy her something newer. About a month ago we ended up with a 2003 Jeep TJ. We have sold her other car and the TJ has become her daily driver. It has a 4.5" lift with 33" tires. She loves it. She can barley get in it, but she loves it.

So this will be our overloading vehicle. It will be a daily drive until I get my Ram paid off in 2 more years so I can't do anything to crazy to it right now. I am about to start an offload trailer build so we can bring some comfort of home with us. Cant fit much in the jeep!

Sorry so long!

2) Manhattan Illinois
3) 2003 Jeep TJ
4) I have some off roading experience but its been a long time since I have done any.

DAF

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,

I'm from New Hampshire and have just started to get into overlanding. I am experienced with off roading and trail riding in general and have been doing it for quite some time now, but the aspect of overlanding is somewhat new to me. I am planning a trip from New Hampshire to Colorado with some friends which will hopefully take place this fall and have been getting lots of good ideas from this website.

As of now I have two off road rigs, but I plan on building an 80 series Land Cruiser for my overlanding needs. The rigs I do have, are a 98 Wrangler TJ and a 2013 Ford Raptor. Ive been doing some weekend overland trips in both but I would have to say the Raptor is better for it due to the fact that I can pack way more in it and still have my RTT. The jeep is great and can handle just about anything I can throw at it, but falls short on storage space and comfort on long trips.

There are countless modifications done to my jeep. I've owned it for almost 8 years. The Raptor has its fair share of modifications too but nothing too crazy. Ill post some pictures and if anyone is interest in more details I'm happy to fill you in!

IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4192.jpg
IMG_4332.jpg

Buggzy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lakewood, CA.
First Name
Higinio
Last Name
Valdez
Member #

Hello everyone! I love the outdoors and all it has to offer. I hope to meet new friends and get to see new places. I do not have an overland specific rig but am willing go where I can and learn along the way. This seems like the perfect place for adventure and life long stories.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location :Lakewood, CA.
3) 2011 GMC Sierra 1500|4x4|
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am new to Overlanding but not to camping. Time to gear up, explore and enjoy what is around us.

GMC 2.jpg

SeattleStew

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2017 JKU Rubicon, 1997 LX 450
Starting to build the LX450 up as an overlander. That truck is indestructible and already has 320k miles, but has been very well maintained.
Overland Experience: Limited, dirt roads for fishing and camping only. Hoping to start exploring further away from pavement!
Why Overlanding?: I love the outdoors and getting away, and am hoping to find ways to travel long distances to remote places to fish, hike, explore. Looking forward to new adventures with my family and friends.

Nya Reyes

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Hi from Mesa, AZ! I'm a former Soldier, current roller derby skater; my partner is a 3 yearish old Pit/Lab and we just wanna have fun. It's kinda hot here in Mesa so we're looking to start adventuring into cold climates. Right around 90 degrees would be awesome. We are headed to Flagstaff for our first adventure.

I rock the legendary 'pretend Jeep'
2016 Jeep MK/Jeep Patriot High Altitude
Totally awesome CVT drive with a cute 4x4 lever
Rolls on shiny 17's with metric equivalent of 27's
Rather than crawling off road it takes a spirited skinny pedal approach to go places
Custom fabricated rear end incorporating dents to save weight and look tough
Basic road trip and camping gear for now
Planning on building kitchen on driver side & mechanic/service bay on passenger side.
'The goal is a daily driven stealth over landing Jeep with some smiles and surprises!

Shower Pouch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, California
Member #

Welcome to OLB Mike!

Ha, my variety pack of ten of was just delivered yesterday. I'm looking forward to using and reviewing them on my trip from Maine to west Texas over the next couple weeks.

Hope you do well with your new product and business.

Dry roads and open skies, brother, good luck with it all.

Hi, Road.

Thank you for welcoming me to OLB and for your nice words. As you can see, my warehouse is quick for sending out your order. After using it, please let me know what you think. All the consumer feedback we get do not fall on deaf ears. I'm excited about trying this forum. Cheers. - Mike KK6PFM

Reactions: Road

JK_Dave

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi all,

My name is Dave and I was born and still live in the Raleigh area of NC. I drive a 2013 JKU that was my first 4x4. I'm fairly new to the life of over landing but it's a great balance of working on vehicles and escaping the city life for me. I have 2 young sons that I hope will be interested in outdoor activities as they get older too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi, Road.

Thank you for welcoming me to OLB and for your nice words. As you can see, my warehouse is quick for sending out your order. After using it, please let me know what you think. All the consumer feedback we get do not fall on deaf ears. I'm excited about trying this forum. Cheers. - Mike KK6PFM
My pleasure, Mike - meant to say too, that's a very cool looking ride you have. Looks owned by someone well-seasoned, to be honest. I'll check in on the gear boards later this next trip about the Shower Pouch and my impressions.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Hi from okanagan valley in BC Canada.

just put my emblem of my fj today. I spend a lot of time with my canoe on my truck and my fishing rod in the back. tons of lakes and roads to explore around here. recently developed a major interest in forest lookouts. looking forward to some more upgrades and, even more importantly, more adventures. thanks for the sweet community.

Saar Ben-Attar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi there,

Saar here from South Africa (new member)
Rig: Toyota Fortuner (which I think you call 4Runner on the other side of the pond).
Experience: Intermediate, have done some day as well as overnight trails
Currently planning my first 'true overland trip' - 3 weeks / 4 countries in Southern Africa