Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

1) New Forum Member: tdNorem
2) Live in San Jose, CA
3) Not so much a rig yet, but a vehicle with strong potential and lots of desire to have a rig (2017 JKU Rubicon)
4) Discovered overlanding about 4-5 years ago while listening to a photography podcast and made the pilgrimmage to Overland Expo that year. Have since divorced and trying to figure it all out on my own with a long way to go.

Tammy -
That Rubicon rolls off the assembly line already a VERY capable trail rig!

Sent from my VS985 4G using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

tdNorem

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, California, USA
First Name
Tammy
Last Name
Norem
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9TDN
That Rubicon rolls off the assembly line already a VERY capable trail rig!

Sent from my VS985 4G using OB Talk mobile app

Yup. That's why I picked it knowing it was a good foundation to build on and there are a ton of after market products available to customize and add the desired creature comforts. Hoping I can start with a couple of simple successful mods to build confidence in tackling some of the more involved mods.

Tammy -

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

My name's Chris and I live in the mountains above Boulder, Colorado. My wife, dog, and I drive a 2002 4runner (factory TRD supercharger, stock height, 265/75 Grabber AT2s, and a buncha crap on the roof). We spend a lot of time in the mountains out our back door both in the T4R as well as on mountain bikes. I run a small bike/ski shop in Nederland, CO just down the road and volunteer in the local fire dept. in my spare time. Member #6103.View attachment 27527
That fireman volunteering is some REAL off-roading experience! (At least in California!) I've seen you guys with only 3 wheels in contact with the trail, hanging off the side of a service road cliff, in one of those big red rigs! Crazy! Hahaha!

Thanks for what you do tho! We need more folks like yourself! Welcome to the OB family!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ravi Reddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi All,

From Tri-State area to be specific CT. Always assumed my interest was in off-roading but since I learnt about overlanding realized that's what I have always been looking for!!

Rig: 2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Experience: Novice (Hope the new "Overland Bound - East" gives some experience!!)

xterra#1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
Rig: White 2011 xterra Pro-4x, 6 speed manual
Experience: Novice

Two overland trips under my belt, the first and one that got me hooked was a Overland rigged FJ Cruiser in Central America. Had such a good time, I decided to "tweak" my X. The old suspension needed to be replaced anyway...so a new set of Old Man Emu leaf springs, plus an add a leaf. Heavy duty Nitro shocks and coilovers on all four corners gave the X a 1.5 lift, better ride and less compression/better tire clearance when towing a heavy boat. Many mods and upgrades planned.

flyinion

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Greetings from Northern California (Lake County).
Name is Jim. I love the outdoors. My Jeep has taken me to some pretty cool places. Been offroading for years and wish to try a little more overlanding adventures. I recently built a trailer to tow behind my Jeep and hope to get a RTT mounted on it soon.
View attachment 27585
Hey welcome!! You're the 2nd of our crew I've seen around here now :) GC Dave showed up right after I did.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Old Man Walters

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Walters
Member #

Hello all, just put the badge on the 4Runner!

1) I have not uploaded pictures just yet, I will though.
2) Northern Florida
3) 4th Gen 4Runner, Bilsteins to level the front.
4) Novice to Overlanding but I have done a bit of Off Roading and camping growing up so why not do both right?

AWDAnthony

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Westminster Colorado
Member #

Hey all! Decided to finally join up because my wife and I made the decision to cut ties from bricks and sticks and pursue a lifestyle of travel and adventure while we attempt to raise our new child, at least for a year or two. I know it isn't overlanding per se, but I want to try and spend as much time off pavement as possible and out in nature.

New to overlanding, I've done car based camping for years, but never for extended periods. Not new to off road. Just picked up my second Power Wagon, and I'm excited to get a trailer behind her and get out there (and to get some larger tires under it) Two weeks on and already got the sliders! Last truck needed them bad.

Couple of pictures of the new rig, and one of the old one getting some leg stretching.

Last edited:

Erklism

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Mateo
Member #

IMG_6420.JPG Howdy all,

Erik here from the San Mateo, Bay Area. Started w/ a 2001 4runner and recently upgraded to a new 2017 Tacoma OR 6spd.
Bicycle Mechanic By trade / Currently in Engineering school. Tig welding is my hobby. *Holler if you want a bed rack or something similar. I love working on my truck just as much as driving it. Hope to spend more time in the dirt, thats why I am here.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Greetings! New member, first forum, first club. Seems like a good choice. I've traveled much of the southwest and Baja and consider myself intermediate in skill level. Looking forward to seeing some of you out there. Safe travels!WP_20160724_15_08_07_Pro.jpg WP_20160724_15_07_48_Pro.jpg

MtMan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stow, MA
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Forum!

My name is Brad (aka MtMan) and I am new to Overland Bound.

1) Picture: I need to take a few new ones as I have made a few mods since the last one...
2) Location: Stow, MA
3) Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am an Overland Newbie. I am an avid outdoorsman and have done lots of backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, scuba diving and so on.

Looking forward to new adventures in my new rig...

Michael Houston

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

St. Marys, WV
Member #

View attachment 27599 Howdy all,

Erik here from the San Mateo, Bay Area. Started w/ a 2001 4runner and recently upgraded to a new 2017 Tacoma OR 6spd.
Bicycle Mechanic By trade / Currently in Engineering school. Tig welding is my hobby. *Holler if you want a bed rack or something similar. I love working on my truck just as much as driving it. Hope to spend more time in the dirt, thats why I am here.

Cheers!
Nice looking Rig. The taco seems like the perfect overland vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk