Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

jblinga

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City
Member #

20170528_111723.jpg New guy checking in. Currently reside in Salt Lake City, Utah. I've done 2 trips to the San Rafael Swell state park so far this year. White Rim Trail in Canyonlands already scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Would like to do the Skyline Drive trail soon, hopefully the snow has cleared enough. Picture above is at the top of Devil's Racetrack in San Rafael.

I drive a 2003 T4R, lifted 3" w/33's.

Michael Houston

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

St. Marys, WV
Member #

Hello all! New member here, OB6074.
My current rig is a 99 ford explorer sport
Located in southern MA
Camping has always been a childhood favorite so now I just do the grown version of it haha.

"The best rig is the one you call your own."
Well said T.lewis23. Its not about the newest rig or all the latest hardware. Not against any of that. Just not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnibanner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bay Point, California
Member #

1) David here. OB 3037
2) Birmingham, AL
3) 1997 Lexus LX450
4) I'm fairly new to overlanding specifically but I grew up spending a lot of time outdoors camping/hiking and riding 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, dirt bikes, etc.

This is the rig ready to roll out from Birmingham AL to Flagstaff AZ for Overland Expo West 2017

View attachment 27315

And here it is fully deployed at camp in Flagstaff AZ for Overland Expo West 2017

View attachment 27316
Berry nice.[emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji108] Love the setup. Hope to wheel with you in the future.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

tdNorem

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, California, USA
First Name
Tammy
Last Name
Norem
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9TDN
1) New Forum Member: tdNorem
2) Live in San Jose, CA
3) Not so much a rig yet, but a vehicle with strong potential and lots of desire to have a rig (2017 JKU Rubicon)
4) Discovered overlanding about 4-5 years ago while listening to a photography podcast and made the pilgrimmage to Overland Expo that year. Have since divorced and trying to figure it all out on my own with a long way to go.

Tammy -

Mouflon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Glad to be part of the forum.
We're in the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia. Are in the desert most weekends from October through March and try to get in at least one week-long expedition into the deep Rub Al Khali each winter.
We run a 2015 Landcruiser 200 with OME and a host of overland upgrades.
Looking forward to exchanging experiences with everyone.

Nehili_Nehili

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia
Hello everyone, I'm Nick
My Location: Atlanta GA
My Vehicle : Resto-mod 83 Chevy K10 - Evoke Grey Metallic
My Experience: Novice. I stumbled upon overlanding once the purpose of my resto-mod took a new turn. I had spent 2 years bringing my dad's old Chevy back from the dead , giving it a new power-plant and face lift, when I found overland bound. I grew up hiking, camping, fishing, and trail riding , so overlanding seems like a logical progression. At this point the truck is a 3 year work in progress, but after it's first trip appears to be very capable.
Hey I'm in Atlanta too and new to this forum. Very nice truck; do you have any places around Atlanta that you take it?

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Faneius

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukie, Oregon
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Furian
Member #

Hi All! I'm new to this and looking forward to learning from you all
I'm from in and around Portland, Oregon
My "Rig" is a little 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD with a little utility trailer some times in tow
We've done plenty of campground camping and logging road exploration but we are looking to go deeper into the dirt and maybe scrape the paint up a bit.

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
I am new to this and all forums.
From Atlanta
2011 fj cruiser
I try to go on adventures around town or anywhere in GA when possible. Camp, off road, etc. Looking for a fun crew.
Seems like most toyota owners are in CA, but if you're in GA hit me up :-)
Welcome to the forum! !!

I'm in the same boat as you are, I'm just starting to take the truck off road. Check out the guys @peachstateoverland, they do a few trail rides each year. They should have an ALS (fundraiser) ride coming up pretty soon. Also there are several people in the Atlanta area who are wanting to get a ride together, so maybe we can make this happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Auspicious Osprey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim, California
Member #

Hello All!

Just got the overland fever a couple of months ago on a road trip with my wife. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip but we wanted to hit as many National Parks as possible in an extended week. Basically a scouting trip for the future. The brief . . . Left home from Anaheim, Southern California to Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Arches, Canyon Lands, Glennwood Springs (a little natural recharge), zig-zag through the Rockies and the Million Dollar Highway, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley and home. Mostly highway driving but we charged the dirt in the right places.

What a trip and we have at least 5 spots that are high on the list for our next adventure.

So next step is building out our rig. We have a 2008 crew cab Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport, but there is not much Sport left. We are running a 2.5" Toytec lift with Bilstein 5100 and Eibach springs now and about ready to add a partial front bumper, winch, compressor and at minimum locker on the rear with front locker to follow soon. We are stocking up on all our other recovery gear and upgrading electrical and storage systems. Excited about building our Toy.

It is going to be a fairly stealth rig until I move forward on a rear bumper with a spare tire and cans. We are going to stay away from Frankensteining it.

I'll call myself an educated Novice. I run out north of Barstow a half dozen times a year and the same on the Big Bear trails. Always have done it with a lightly modified street vehicle like we have now, but Moab changed things. Laying down a lot of research time on gear that fits my philosophy of use.

Good to be part of the forum and look forward to meeting you all on the trails!

Auspicious Osprey

Rig 1.0

upload_2017-6-27_12-35-56.png

Traveler I

Good day! My name is Sean and I'm from Ontario, Canada. My vehicle of choice is a 2004 Jeep TJ Sahara that have been slowly custom building over the last 7 years. Considering my photography background, I fondly call my Jeep Ansel; after one if my role models Ansel Adams.

Ansel has joined me on various trips around my province of Ontario, through the farthest northern reaches of Quebec (Hudson Bay area), through various states (New York, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virgina, Kentucky, etc)

Currently I am planning a long through (4-6 months) that will take me west through Canada to British Columbia, then south through Washington, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico and back into Texas. I have been lucky that my professional gives me the ability to travel long periods of time.

I look forward to hopefully met many of the Overland Bound members as I make my way through North America.

Cheers,

Sean

Attachments

Rocky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Loveland, Colorado
Member #

View attachment 27128 Hi all,
We're Eric and Jeanette. We travel and work full time in our RV, towing our 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel ( 2" OME lift, BFG KO2, sliders, skids, lock-right ) to get farther away when we need to. We haven't done a lot of overnight trips, but we've probably done 50+ off road excursions.
We're looking forward to some more trips this year, with the White Rim Trail scheduled for September and some overnights around Christmas.
Very Nice.

TCritzer88

Rank 0

Traveler I

Virginia
Member #

Hey I'm Trey I'm a new member #5609 and excited to be apart of this community. I've always loved off-road exploring when my grandpa bought me my first jeep TJ in high school, but now my wife and I just had our first son and decided to purchase a 2006 Land Rover LR3 to have some more room our growing family. Just started the build and have installed the rhino lift rods, new set of mud terrains, and installing a Baja rack this weekend I found on Craigslist. We live in VA and can't wait to see what adventures
await us!!![/ATTACH] IMG_3683.JPG IMG_3640.JPG

Last edited:

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey I'm Trey I'm a new member #5609 and excited to be apart of this community. I've always loved off-road exploring when my grandpa bought me my first jeep TJ in high school, but now my wife and I just had our first son and decided to purchase a 2006 Land Rover LR3 to have some more room our growing family. Just started the build and have installed the rhino lift rods, new set of mud terrains, and installing a Baja rack this weekend I found on Craigslist. We live in VA and can't wait to see what adventures
await us!!![/ATTACH] View attachment 27495 View attachment 27513
Welcome from Raleigh and a fellow pastor. Enjoy, and let me know if you are ever in the area!

Turbo Diesel YJ

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/8019/

CHBfire

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rollinsville, CO
Member #

My name's Chris and I live in the mountains above Boulder, Colorado. My wife, dog, and I drive a 2002 4runner (factory TRD supercharger, stock height, 265/75 Grabber AT2s, and a buncha crap on the roof). We spend a lot of time in the mountains out our back door both in the T4R as well as on mountain bikes. I run a small bike/ski shop in Nederland, CO just down the road and volunteer in the local fire dept. in my spare time. Member #6103.fullsizeoutput_433.jpeg

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

My name's Chris and I live in the mountains above Boulder, Colorado. My wife, dog, and I drive a 2002 4runner (factory TRD supercharger, stock height, 265/75 Grabber AT2s, and a buncha crap on the roof). We spend a lot of time in the mountains out our back door both in the T4R as well as on mountain bikes. I run a small bike/ski shop in Nederland, CO just down the road and volunteer in the local fire dept. in my spare time. Member #6103.View attachment 27527
Welcome! I've always found it therapeutic after a few stressful shifts to get out into the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk