• HTML tutorial

Jeff5555

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi everyone this is my first Internet group so I'll try my best to do this right
I have a 1990 nissan d21 4x4

SvcredTerra

Rank 0

Traveler I

Phoenix
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeff. I joined this forum because I love everything about overlanding. The adventure, the rig build, the ability to go and do/see things most people can't, etc.

I'm a Navy Veteran living out in Glendale, AZ. I currently don't have a rig other than my wife's 05 KJ. I do plan to acquire a Taco someday.

I hope to be able to meet some fellow overlanders and get some adventuring experience under my belt with you all.

Thanks!

Derek S.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

McDonough, Georgia
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey all..Just joined the team as well as the forums. I'm Derek...I live just south of Atlanta. Just getting started on my Overlanding rig. Bought a 98 Land Cruiser and a 1967 M416 trailer to pull behind. Looking forward to starting this project real soon...as well as learning some new ideas from the forums. Hope to meet some members soon!

Thanks,

Derek

LC.jpg trailer.jpg

Last edited:

Toro33

Rank II

Contributor III

Newport, RI, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Service Branch
Navy (ret)
IMG_0205.JPG

Glad to be a new member. I've camped and driven off road in a long series of 4x4's and motorcycles over the last 60 years, but no real overland type trips. Looking forward to longer more interesting of road journeys. Seven years in the South West deserts but all the rest of my camping trips in the North East.

Mrice

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thessaloniki, Greece
First Name
KOSTANTINOS
Last Name
MALIOKAS
Member #

Hello from Greece.My rig is a Grand vitara 2.0l lpg, small modifications at suspension and drivetrain, a little bigger bf at's, a rtt, and abIMG_2160.JPG out to start a diy trailer. Not an expert and always ready to learn more about overlanding.Happy to be here and hope to meet other members..

FJHawkEye

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Parker Colorado
Member #

Snapseed.jpg Greetings from East Parker, Colorado!

Can't tell you all how thrilled I am to be a part of Overland Bound...

Drive a 2014 Army Green FJ Cruiser named HawkEye...

My wife and I look forward to connecting with many of you out on the trail!

Blessings and safe journeys to you all!
Psalm 23:3-4

dwb133

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fenwick Island, De
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barry
Member #

IMG_2712.jpg Hello everyone. Thank you for the welcome post... I'm new to Overlanding thanks to youtube and all the fantastic videos. I look forward to learning more about it and enjoying it all.

Experience: Been around off roading quite a long time but not in the overland sense of it. Look forward to learning as much as I can.
Rig: 2004 E-350 Super Duty Diesel. (no 6.0L jokes please, haha)

Last edited:

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Derrick from Cottonwood, CA. I have a 1990 Ford F-250 with a gem top workmaster.
Overland exp: a few years
Off-road exp: 15+ years
Outdoors exp: all my life
Vehicle completion: never :grinning:
View attachment 23109
Hay Derrick,Nice truck! I got a buddy up that way with a truck just like that! Lol I visit that place from time to time. I'll let you know the next time I'm up that way, we should hit so.e trails!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Derrick C.

kelzir

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Medina, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Zirkel
Member #

Hey gang! I'm happy to have joined up, along with my son. He's getting his membership for his birthday later this month, so keep an eye out for his Land Cruiser then.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Experience: I have no idea what I'm doing.

Gray5_Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Locating GPS Coordinates...
First Name
Justin
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6JTN
1) Picture! (See Avatar)
2) Location (SF Bay Area)
3) Rig (2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 on 35's lugging an M101-A1 w/ RTT)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Been doing it all of my life...now it has a name: Overlanding!)

Reactions: Tinker and SLO Rob

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Hey folks! Long time follower on instagram and website and just finally joined up as a member :)
We're Mike and Agustina from Toronto, Canada. This is our second year overlanding as we got our truck late 2015, but have been camping and portaging most of our lives.

Truck is a 2016 GMC Canyon, currently it has offroad rack, Tepui RTT, SuperSkidz plates all along the bottom and Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires. Many additions to come as we build up our rig.

We both think what you do here is amazing and the culture of getting out there and exploring regardless what you have is exactly what we believe in. The point is adventure and fun!

Look forward to many adventures with you all :)

Attachments

04land

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking in the forums for a few months. Finally ordered my membership.

Im out in North West New Jersey. Not to much legal wheeling up here but looking forward to finding new places and people. I love the site and look forward to learning a lot. If anyone is in the area and needs a hand feel free to reach out.

I try to get off the pavement any chance i get. (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland)

Keturnquist

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Watsonville california
Member #

My names kevin turnquist, im 25 and i just joined yesterday 5/31/17. Me and my fiance are hoping to expierence the greatest nature has to offer and ive joined this great group to be a part of something thats more than just myself. I am just starting off and my fiance has a 2014 subaru outback that we have used for campsite camping, but i want something so much more. I am currently in the midst of ordering myself a rig and i am set on the dodge 2500 AEV prospector. If you have any other suggestions for my new car feel free to message me. Once i have rig pictures ill be sure to share. So far ive just been glad my phone is waterproof as i drool over all the others you guys have shared.