villaphoto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Campbell
Member #

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota 4runner SR5 4wd
Previous Vehicle: 2013 Subaru WRX
Experience: I've camped a bunch with my Dad and friends. The last time I dispersed camped was almost 10 years ago, when my buddy and I headed to Bishop and rock climbed for a week.

CarterK24

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello! My name is Kaila
2) Location: Nashville, TN
3) Rig: 2016 Toyota 4runner SR5
4) Overlanding Experience: Beginner. Grew up camping and hiking, lots of kayaking and canoeing as well! Haven't spent much time off-roading but looking to change that!

Traveler I

16585248_958669677603116_1882513603542646784_n(1).jpg

Sam

Current Location: Ft. Lewis/JBLM, WA near Tacoma.
Rig: 2015 Nissan Xterra, Pro-4x w/ 6-speed MT. Shrockworks rock sliders and rear bumper, garvin low profile roof rack, BFG KO2 tires.
Overland Experience: Whatever one step beyond novice, but a step prior to expert is. I have been offroading since before I could drive. Started out driving classics ( 64 Scout 800, and 78 Scout II), moved to driving my own Jeep XJ, then upgraded to a 2015 Xterra. I have been off roading across the country, depending on where I lived at the time. Most of my adventures have been located in the Sangre de Christo Mountains and central rockies in colorado. I did just move to the PNW, and already did my first stint in the olympic peninsula. Looking forward to more adventures!

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
Also in the village. Currently unable to do overlanding but hopefully in the future I will. I'll keep a eye out for your truck.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
HI,

Jeff_in_MD

Thanks for the shout out from the Village. I look forward to meeting you...there are several FJs in the Village, but I am the only black one I know of...I hope your situation changes soon so you can enjoy getting out and about. If there is anything I can help with feel free to let me know via my contact here on the forum.

Thanks,
Chon

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
HI,

I Joined the forum today, Name is Conrad.

1) View attachment 24565
2) Highland Village Texas
3) 2013 FJ Cruiser with home built trailer
4) Been wheeling for about 4 years most recent trip to Moab about 3 weeks ago

Hi Conrad,

First of all I hope this reply gets to you, I think I may have a reply to Jeff_in_MD mixed up in my first forum reply...

Anyhow, I saw your intro and nice FJ...can you tell what make/model is your trailer. It looks like a great combo for your rig.

Thanks for sharing.
Chon #5703

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
My name is John Henley Jr.
I live in Northwest Arkansas (Walmart, Tyson, Arkansas Razorbacks, etc.)
My 2006 Nissan Xterra S recently bit the dust, so I bought a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X. It's getting a snorkel, differential breather and an ARB rear differential cover this week. I plan to get front and rear suspension upgrades next. As a photographer, I have always loved getting off the beaten track; and the rougher the trail, the better. I live for spring and fall camping. I'll post pics of the Xterra soon. Hope to see as many of you as possible out on the trails.

Hollywood2979

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rig: 98 XJ, RE 4.5"lift, in the process of transformation into overland style rig.
Experience: Novice, 5+ years in Big Bear, jeep trails, now in Texas looking for new adventure, when not working.

I have been 4 wheeling most of my younger years, a slew of Toyotas, several ram chargers and Rams, JKU, Rubicon and now my XJ that has become my favorite project so far. Will post pics soon, going to be pulling interior soon to seal floor and noise deaden it, then in with aftermarket seats. Currently just finished with plating side panels and rock rails.

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

From East Brunswick NJ. Just bought my first 4Runner 2 months ago. It's a 2015 SR5 with 28k miles on it. Have only been on one trail by Six Flags in Jackson so far and loved it! Can't wait to get out there and start exploring more! Just wish there were more places to go in NJ but that's why I'm here... hoping to meet some Jersey Overlanders and discover new adventures! I'm a total newb when it comes to modding and overlanding so I'm looking forward to learning from you all! God bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CASEY ENGINEER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nevada 206, Gardnerville, NV, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Struven
Member #

Hello from Ken (and Jerilyn) in San Carlos, CA (1/2 mile from where Michael and Corrie began Overland Bound). We purchased our OB emblems from the OB booth at Overland Expo 2017 after talking with Corrie for awhile.
We have a 2006 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 (42,000 mi) with an XP Camper. Only had it since last fall, but have had a good time staying in quite a few remote locations.
Years ago I had a '73 Land Cruiser FJ40 that I totally restored. I ran all over the mid part of the Sierra range north thru south of Tahoe. Still getting used to operating a heavy rig on the lesser beaten paths. So, I have moderate experience, but in friends CJ-5's and my old Land Crusher!
One of the first remote spots last fall was at Mills Peak Lookout (built 1933) north of Tahoe at 7,342' elevation. After visiting the lookout, the ranger on duty said we were welcome to stay over if we wanted. 30 deg F with 25 mph winds that night!
DSC_4332 lookout.jpg

More recently on the return from Overland Expo we stayed over at the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine in the eastern sierra region. This is directly below Mt. Whitney and scenic beyond description. I'd go back to this area in a heartbeat!
DSC_5203.jpg
DSC_5172 Alabama Hills.jpg

Scott Armstrong

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Hello Everyone,

Just getting in to this whole Overland thing. got bit after watching Expedition Overland on Youtube. Great shows.

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Experience: Amatuer, just some small wheeling trips.

4Roamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver CO
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine)

Denver CO area

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2016 Toyota 4runner Trail Premium

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

I'm an experienced novice. I have done a few trips and I loved it but, I know I have a LOT to learn.

Last edited:

Off The Hardball

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas, Texas
Member #

Hello Everyone!!
My name's Jason.
Originally from Merced, California.
When I'm in the states I spend most of my time in Texas. Active duty, about 12 years and counting. I've been all over the world the past 12 years in the military and am currently living in Italy. I have experience hiking, camping, etc..but I am novice to Overlanding. Mainly due to the fact that I've been on the search for a rig to build. I'm open to anything that fits the plans in my head but I'm currently torn between a JK and a Defender 110.
I'm excited to get to know everyone and hopefully meet a couple of you folks when I get back stateside.

mechman0925

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fredericksburg va
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Desrosiers
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM716
Hi all, my name is Robert.
Excited to finally be part of OB after watching all the videos. I still have my 2001 Wrangler with 326,000 on it but it is now retired to my driveway, now I am the proud owner of a 2012 Rubicon. I have a little off-road experience but am going to try and get up to speed a great deal starting this summer, hopefully get to meet other members along the way!

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

jimiwebb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arvada, CO
Member #

The rig:

2006 Land Rover Discovery 3 (aka LR3): Johnson rods, voyager off road rack and ladder, warn m8000

6x12 cargo trailer (work in progress; need to shorten the tongue and spring over the axels. I'd like to get it a little more off road worthy than where it sits now.)

Home base:
Arvada, CO

Experience:

My wife and I have been camping our whole lives. I've been off roading since I could reach the pedals and navigating road trips since I could sit in the front seat which was a lot younger than what is legally allowed these days.

About:

We started having kids 4.5 years ago and our youngest is 2 now so we're making an effort to get back out there. We've always been tent campers but recently bought the cargo trailer to simplify our weekend warrior trips. There's nothing worse than setting up camp at 9pm Friday night with two grumpy children that just want to go to bed. We've done a few extended trips in the past but are going to start trying for 1-2 week long trips a year.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

FinsUp

Rank I

Contributor III

Kansas
Hello. My name is Joe.
Rig: 2002Land Cruiser, a 2001 Tacoma.
Experience: I had one off road class through ITI International a few years back dealing with off road travel in various environments. My family loves road trips and camping. We try to get out as often as possible. I have had jeeps up until I found Land Cruisers and all the room they have. I look forward to learning from everyone.
-Joe

Attachments

Last edited: