Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey guys. Been checking out this form for awhile seems pretty cool. I've been on the west coast mostly off roading and camping but find myself in Virginia now looking for some good trails and sights to see out here. Looking forward to this overlanding experience thing!
-'08 Toyota FJ with 6"Rough Country Lift
View attachment 17293
Welcome! That's a great looking FJ... Love it.

Reactions: My Red FJ

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Hey all, been watching you on Youtube for awhile now.
I live in Jabiru which is located in Kakadu national park in the Northern Territory of Australia.
I run 2 vehicles. A 2006 Nissan GU Patrol wagon and a 2015 Dualcab Landcruiser.

View attachment 17331

View attachment 17332
Welcome! Love that Landcruiser, wish we could get them here in the US.

OB 3319

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Welcome! Love that Landcruiser, wish we could get them here in the US.

OB 3319
Yeah she goes well, and I get that comment alot from my US friends.

I have a funny story from the other week where I kind of forgot the front hubs were manual and not locked in and I reversed in 2 wheel drive with rear diff locked out of a boggy section that a mate in his hilux got stuck. See the Patrol has auto hubs... Anyway I was happy that I could just crawl out with not issues.

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Yeah she goes well, and I get that comment alot from my US friends.

I have a funny story from the other week where I kind of forgot the front hubs were manual and not locked in and I reversed in 2 wheel drive with rear diff locked out of a boggy section that a mate in his hilux got stuck. See the Patrol has auto hubs... Anyway I was happy that I could just crawl out with not issues.
Haha, gotta love it. They sure do make one hell of a vehicle. I've been considering buying a fj60 and dropping a diesel in it but my plans are bigger than my wallet. Hah

OB 3319

Reactions: Scott Murray

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Haha, gotta love it. They sure do make one hell of a vehicle. I've been considering buying a fj60 and dropping a diesel in it but my plans are bigger than my wallet. Hah

OB 3319
Yeah it gets costly thats for sure. I am looking at an engine transplant for the patrol, but that can wait.

Hey on a side note I just bought a member pack, how long does it take to become a member???

Reactions: NV.Recon

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Yeah it gets costly thats for sure. I am looking at an engine transplant for the patrol, but that can wait.

Hey on a side note I just bought a member pack, how long does it take to become a member???
Not sure about shipping to where you live but here in the western US, I think it took a little over a week for my package to arrive. If you haven't already, you can go to the new members thread and @Michael or @Corrie can upgrade your account for ya.

OB 3319

Reactions: Scott Murray

AdanC

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dallas
Hi All, new from Dallas, Tx I got here through the person that sold me my current rig, I don't know what he goes by on this forum, anyway 97 lx450 nothing special, so that makes my 85 toyota pickup available if anyone is interested. Well still getting familiar with the site, thanks in advance.

Grammin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Toronto
Hey Everyone,

My name is Graham and I live in Toronto, Ontario.

I recently became more interested in actually doing some adventuring and overlanding, particularly in the area of explore, camp, explore and so on.

I HAD a 4Runner trail which I loved and started some minor mods, however, I left my job and in downsizing I now have a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon. Its not as hardy as the 4Runner but it'll do for now.

My main goal here is to utilize a car, trailer combo and get into trailer tenting (not to be confused with pop-up tent trailers) and I have one little trailer project that I had built last summer and want to create another prototype.

I saw the recent series on Moab on youtube and this seemed like a community that can help me move forward with my ideas.

I'm originally from Edinburgh, Scotland so I do have a wee soft spot for Land Rovers.

Cheers,

Graham

Reactions: finlayforprez

Grant H

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
Member #

Hello,
My name is Grant and i am located in the Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Roanoke, Virginia. I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger that has never failed me. I frequent the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian trail which runs through my area. I am hoping to set aside more time in the future for overland trips with my fiance.
Grant

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Hi All, new from Dallas, Tx I got here through the person that sold me my current rig, I don't know what he goes by on this forum, anyway 97 lx450 nothing special, so that makes my 85 toyota pickup available if anyone is interested. Well still getting familiar with the site, thanks in advance.
I am up in Frisco - welcome to the group!

Reactions: AdanC

InsertAliasHere

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey, new member here. I'm over in Jersey. I drive a heavily modified 02 Disco. It's a project I've been working on for some time but there are a few changes I intend to make after my last trip. Which brings me to the experience section. I don't have that much but the wife and I recently completed the Trans-America Trail. Took us about 2 months but we were in no hurry. And if there are any Disco guys out there, I'd love to pick your brain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

Hello,
My name is Grant and i am located in the Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Roanoke, Virginia. I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger that has never failed me. I frequent the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian trail which runs through my area. I am hoping to set aside more time in the future for overland trips with my fiance.
Grant
I've been close to your area in the past. What sections of the Appalachian trail have you Run? I'm always looking for new places to go.

Grant H

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
Member #

I've been close to your area in the past. What sections of the Appalachian trail have you Run? I'm always looking for new places to go.

Basically everything within the Jefferson National Forest area. Maybe you have heard of some of the spots: McAfee's knob, Dragons Tooth, Catawba Mountain, Tinker Cliffs, Apple Orchard Falls, and Cove Mountain to name a few. Also the Blue Ridge Parkway runs through which is one of our favorite places to drive.

My Red FJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
Member #

Hello,
Grant
Hey! Welcome I'm new here as well. But so far this site has been pretty awesome. I'm planning on a trip to blue ridge parkway sometime this summer. Just moved here to southern Virginia don't know much about the east coast if you've got any good trails up there you wouldn't mind sharing it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Grant H

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
Member #

Hey! Welcome I'm new here as well. But so far this site has been pretty awesome. I'm planning on a trip to blue ridge parkway sometime this summer. Just moved here to southern Virginia don't know much about the east coast if you've got any good trails up there you wouldn't mind sharing it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

I am also planning a Blue Ridge Parkway trip, probably closer to May when all of the campsites open back up. I am on the lookout for new trails, if i find any i will keep you in mind!

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Andreas Schultz, and I just became a member.
Rig: 2002 Ford F250 Crewcab, short-bed , 4 x 4 with a 7.3 l turbo diesel
I bought the truck (my first truck) only a couple of years ago to tow our newly-acquired boat. Now that we have it, let's use it to explore the world. My off-roading and overlanding experience is limited to a couple of trips to Hollister Hills, but I hope to learn what it takes to go off the beaten path. I also do a lot of road cycling and mountain biking. My wife and two small (5 and 7) kids will accompany me on these adventures.