Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I am new to overlanding and can't wait to start logging miles.
Build: 2020 Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen with 2" lift and aftermarket wheels/tires. Also added roof rack, bed rack, drawers, light bar.
I look forward to engaging the community to pick up tidbits that help along the way. Happy to join!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Here to get some ideas on how to set up my new Tacoma as an overland vehicle. I have no overlanding experience in the USA/as a civilian, but I'm not a stranger to living in a vehicle, Hooah! I have a 4 years old boy and I plan on using overlanding to toughen him up! Please reach out with tips and tricks, what worked for you or not and if you had to do it all over again; where would you start prepping your rig?
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from Marlton, New Jersey. Currently have a 2014 wrangler JKU and a 1997 Jeep TJ. Looking to get out and explore more. Learned about this group from a video I watched about New Jersey trail from high point to cape may. Currently waiting to order the new Bronco when they open the order bank.
Looking forward to learning more about this group and over landing/exploring
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member living in Middle Tennessee. 40 years ago we used to load our Backpacks in our Baja Bugs and go exploring and camping in the Deserts and Mountains of Southern California. Recently sold our Class C and still want to go Solo camping. Picked up a Truck Bed tent for my 2014 Ram 1500 and I am going to head out and explore. Don't seem to be finding lots of Overlanding equipment for my Ram but I own it and have the lifetime unlimited miles warranty so gonna keep it. Looking forward to learning what works and grow with each trip.
Here is a thread for your rig; Full Sized Rigs
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors who is in TN

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy y'all!

I'm a Texan that has now made the Raleigh, NC area my home. I'm Paul and my wife and I are new to the Overlanding lifestyle, but are eager to get our feet wet. I have a 2009 Ford Ranger FX4 that I am starting to build into a mild rig. I'm hoping to get lots of advice, especially with finding trails and stitching together trails to create a little bit longer one.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!!!

My name is Deler from Toronto,ON . I currently drive a 2016 ram 2500 which I'm slowly modifying to an aev prospector to take on longer adventures with the wife. I've done lots of camping throughout the years but I'd say I'm a novice at overlanding. I'm here to meet new people, get advice and learn from experienced overlanders and ultimately travel the world one trip at a time!
Welcome to Overland Bound Deler
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a forum page you might be interested in; Full Sized Rigs

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, new guy here from Maryland! Very excited to see and be apart of this group. I grew up camping and exploring in and around Maryland, unfortunately life took control and that exploration kind of fell off. I recently purchased a new Ranger and am using it as an “excuse” to get not only myself by my wife out of the house as I feel getting lost is truly a great form of therapy. Currently in the process of building a bed rack and getting some essentials worked out on the rig and thrilled to get back at it this year!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello everyone, I am new to overlanding and can't wait to start logging miles.
Build: 2020 Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen with 2" lift and aftermarket wheels/tires. Also added roof rack, bed rack, drawers, light bar.
I look forward to engaging the community to pick up tidbits that help along the way. Happy to join!
Welcome @fjcarlson ! Keep an eye here for upcoming events in our area!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
Experience: None

Hello,
I am extremely excited to start off roading. I don’t have a Jeep or a Tacoma but I’ll make sure my Subaru will get me to all the places I want to explore!
Welcome to the OB crew, it doesn’t matter what you drive, we don’t judge, it is all about the adventure and the exploration.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all, new guy here from Maryland! Very excited to see and be apart of this group. I grew up camping and exploring in and around Maryland, unfortunately life took control and that exploration kind of fell off. I recently purchased a new Ranger and am using it as an “excuse” to get not only myself by my wife out of the house as I feel getting lost is truly a great form of therapy. Currently in the process of building a bed rack and getting some essentials worked out on the rig and thrilled to get back at it this year!
Welcome to the OB crew, you can still go overlanding without fancy gear, if you have the basics, tent, food, water and an a sense of adventure, go explore.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Deler from Toronto,ON . I currently drive a 2016 ram 2500 which I'm slowly modifying to an aev prospector to take on longer adventures with the wife. I've done lots of camping throughout the years but I'd say I'm a novice at overlanding. I'm here to meet new people, get advice and learn from experienced overlanders and ultimately travel the world one trip at a time!
Welcome to the OB crew, it sounds like you have goals, go for it

Reactions: Kent R

T_Forr

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Maryland
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Forr
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, you can still go overlanding without fancy gear, if you have the basics, tent, food, water and an a sense of adventure, go explore.
Absolutely! Trying to baby step my wife into the world of travel adventure more. Makes it a little easier with some extra comfort! Lol.

Dayman

Rank III

Advocate III

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Dayman
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Thank you. Yes, some States are EXPENSIVE to drive through. Cali was $3.49 per gallon. New York State charges for everything possible. The Dakotas are windy, be prepared.
I packed way too much stuff. But I had to figure that out on my own. Best piece of advice - it will ALWAYS take longer and cost more than you expect... plan accordingly.

Appalachian Overland

Rank II

Contributor III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Stoltenberg
Member #

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU Sport S
Experience: Novice

I purchased a Subaru two years ago and owned it for a year. It got me and my family off the beaten path for some adventuring. After seeing what amazing sights are practically in our back yard, we became hooked on the idea of vehicle dependent travel. We purchased the Jeep to get us even further out. The outdoors has become a means of resetting and bonding for my family. Our first major trip is coming this summer when we hope to travel from NC to CO by way of NM and the Enchanted Rockies Trail.

Overland Bound seems to be a great platform and its members have already been influential in the start of our adventure by means of Youtube. It only seemed right to join in!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy y'all!

I'm a Texan that has now made the Raleigh, NC area my home. I'm Paul and my wife and I are new to the Overlanding lifestyle, but are eager to get our feet wet. I have a 2009 Ford Ranger FX4 that I am starting to build into a mild rig. I'm hoping to get lots of advice, especially with finding trails and stitching together trails to create a little bit longer one.
Welcome to the OB
Absolutely! Trying to baby step my wife into the world of travel adventure more. Makes it a little easier with some extra comfort! Lol.
i completely understand, I remember the olden days when I had the motto, happy wife, happy life.

Reactions: Kent R and T_Forr