Contributor III

Atwater, CA, USA
First Name
RANDY
Last Name
BROWN
Member #

Howdy All,
Randy here. Just joined today. I'm from Southeast PA but I'm with my 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 4X in CA for a couple of months.

Planning to visit a few places while I'm here. This week I want to take a short ride to McCabe Flats on BLM land. I spent quite a bit of time in the area growing up here as a kid. Just hope the weather holds out.
Welcome Randy! I love PA, have close friends near Wellsboro and enjoy spending time out there. Nice 'Grand Canyon' over there and terrific maple syrup!

I just joined myself and glad to see the family table getting larger.

Overland and out,
Steven
Yes! I plan to find some more backroads in Susquennock State Forest and Allegheny National Forest when I get back to PA.

And yes, Vermont isn't the only place with good maple syrup.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy All,
Randy here. Just joined today. I'm from Southeast PA but I'm with my 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 4X in CA for a couple of months.

Planning to visit a few places while I'm here. This week I want to take a short ride to McCabe Flats on BLM land. I spent quite a bit of time in the area growing up here as a kid. Just hope the weather holds out.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
When at home you are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
In the West the Regional Director is @Narbob for help or information.
Member Representatives;
In SoCal @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
In NorCal @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
Ed Scharnhorst here. Living in the Hill Country outside San Antonio. Been 4 wheeling off and on for years at a moderate level. Mostly beaches, fire roads and mountain trails on the east coast. Started making trips out Big Bend (NP & SP) for camping with my wife & son (he's in the '97 3rd gen) over the last few years. Looking forward to getting out further and staying longer! Our short list for next trips are Padre, 4 corners area and Colorado. Driving a '12 4runner that's never finished.

View attachment 175793
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi am from the Midwest
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information in AR is @BlueLineOverland

Reactions: Tharp0608

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

2019 Toyota Highlander SE

San Jose, California

I’m between a novice and a experience overlander!

Excited to join the community! Stay safe everyone!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Jduque4

troubledog

Rank II

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Meaux
Member #

New member here, just introducing myself. David Meaux. Hoping to learn more about overlanding and meet some new trail buddies!

Rig: 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE

Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate to beginner - although I've been doing it a while. not as tech savvy as I'd like to be. First time out was 1990 in my then new Jeep Cherokee Pioneer to the San Juan mountains. Nearly rolled off the cliff backwards with young expecting bride in vehicle. Fortunately I found the e-brake buried under too many maps, in the nick of time. Since then we've moved through a range of vehicles... moved to Toyota in 2010. As we live in Texas, my favorite spot is Big Bend Ranch (the state park). World-class scenery. great trails (unmaintained roads as the park calls them). We also love going to Utah and Arizona. With my new retirement my wife and I really want to pick this up more as we have a passion for it and now we have some time!

OverlandIntroPhoto_Meaux.jpg

Last edited:

shigeta

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Santa Clara, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Tsukamoto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6EXP
Hey there! New member here.

Rig: 2006 Land Rover LR3
Experience: Beginner - I've been a part of the car and motorcycle world since I was a kid—everything from American Muscle to dirt bikes and 90's BMWs to teaching motorcycles for the state of CA. If it has wheels and a motor, I've been into it. Now, I find myself searching "out there" on the weekends for some peace and quiet. I bought my LR3 October 2019 and have been slowly trying to improve both my off-road intuition and the reliability/capability of this rig that both my lovely travel partner and I are growing to love.

Here's a recent shot from USAL Rd. up near Fort Bragg, CA.

Cheers!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Experience: Beginner - I've been a part of the car and motorcycle world since I was a kid—everything from American Muscle to dirt bikes and 90's BMWs to teaching motorcycles for the state of CA. If it has wheels and a motor, I've been into it. Now, I find myself searching "out there" on the weekends for some peace and quiet. I bought my LR3 October 2019 and have been slowly trying to improve both my off-road intuition and the reliability/capability of this rig that both my lovely travel partner and I are growing to love.

Cheers!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave. Dave runs a meet-up in Livermore and is actively trying to get one started in your area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, just introducing myself. David Meaux. Hoping to learn more about overlanding and meet some new trail buddies!

Rig: 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE

Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate to beginner - although I've been doing it a while. not as tech savvy as I'd like to be. First time out was 1990 in my then new Jeep Cherokee Pioneer to the San Juan mountains. Nearly rolled off the cliff backwards with young expecting bride in vehicle. Fortunately I found the e-brake buried under too many maps, in the nick of time. Since then we've moved through a range of vehicles... moved to Toyota in 2010. As we live in Texas, my favorite spot is Big Bend Ranch (the state park). World-call scenery. great trails (unmaintained roads as the park calls them). We also love going to Utah and Arizona. With my new retirement my wife and I really want to pick this up more as we have a passion for it and now we have some time!

View attachment 176040
Welcome to Overland Bound David.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Contributor I

Fochville Hospital, Fochville, South Africa
First Name
Harry
Last Name
Tremspoor
Okay lets try this.

I'm new to this forum. I'm a South African and a member on a South Africa 4x4 forum as well.
I grew up camping in tents and caravans.
I have a 2015 Chev Trailblazer with everything needed to do over landing.
I also have a Conqueror Commander (I think in other parts of the world it's called the UEV 440) with all the bells and whistles.

Although I'm from SA, I am for the most of the past 16 years living and working in West-Africa.

I'll be in SA in a couple of weeks and plan on doing some over landing while there.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Cheers!
Hi!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be November 8th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

Rumiñahui311

Rank II

Contributor III

Hollister, San Benito County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Hello All!
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Me and the wife just starting out in overlanding.

Wish we could’ve made the meeting today. Hope to meet up soon.

We’re live in Hollister, Ca but have done two 10,000 mile road trips in the recent past in our old XTerra. No real camping involved though. Just looking to get out there.

Last edited:

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi all! I found out about your community while watching youtube videos on how to outfit my rig - as well, i believe a former co worker os a pretty prolific overlander.

i reallyjust want to explore and camp along some of the easier trails within a fewhundred miles of my AO (im from Norman OK)
I am an avid motocrosser and DH mountain biker, but am really looking forward to something new i can do with my fiance and she has expressedinterest in camping. I dont think she is interested in padding up and hitting the slopes for downhill runs, but this would be a wonderful way to bond

We kayak a bit when the weather permits too.

My vehicle is a ‘18 Tacoma Sport 4wd. Im not interested in any vehicle mods outside of doing a few things to maximize storage and safety, but i love looking at the cool builds with the rack systems , roof tents and bed decks etc.

thanks for the add and i look forward to reading the great information here

Doug
Welcome from Tulsa!

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I'm Mike. Father of 3 boys (14, 12, 10). Former BSA Scoutmaster and my oldest is an Eagle Scout. Love the outdoors (camp, hunt, fish) and wanting to get out more, but don't want to drag my wife's vehicle into it. Currently looking for a 90s era 2500 suburban with the 454 to start my rig. Considering my better half is more into glamping, also looking at trailers (specifically toilet & shower inside) so she'll come along.
Just a follow-up for any interested: build thread happening here:

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Edgar. I'm near Cleveland, OH. Looking to try some fun outdoor adventures with my son and dog. Really looking forward to meeting others to do this with and get some suggestions that don't require traveling too far.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Edgar
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Last edited: