Altadena, California, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6JIY
Hello Christian (@headhunter ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham as well. We have a good communication section here as well as a Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater you can use the Echolink app to connect.
Hope you can join us.
Hey Jon,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll look into joining the net sometime.

Christian

RavenRam

Rank III

Contributor III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Kratchen
Member #

Hi my name is Kris, I currently reside in Middle GA. I drive a 2015 Ram 1500 and pull 1101A trailer with a RTT on top. I enjoy getting out in to nature by any means possible, preferably the easiest. Hoping to find more trails to explore.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Berger

Rank I

Contributor I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Berger
Member #

Hello All,

Thought I would go ahead and introduce myself, Been around the forums for a bit but finally have a vehicle better equipped for my Overlanding.
Have a CVT tent waiting for my Leitner Design rack to show up. Been on order for a month really hoping to get tracking soon :).

My Names Brandon
Live out in Salt Lake City Utah.

Hopefully can meet some new members to show me the ropes here in Utah and do some camping here soon.

IMG_0063.jpg

2007 Dodge Ram 2500

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Hello,all!
My name is Tatar and I live near Harrisburg, PA. I have a 2020 JLUR and want to get in to Overlanding. I am a novice off-road, but I am getting some basic equipment to take my Jeep on some trails.
Welcome, lot of good parks in PA (Rausch, AOAA, Rock Run), not too far from you. Any plenty of trails and functions too.

Reactions: Kent R

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

What’s going on everyone!

Name: Gary “Zilla”
Rig: 2017 Silverado Z71
Offroad Experience: Intermediate
Overland Experience: Novice

About me: USAF Veteran, Hydraulic/Diesel Mechanic, Photographer, R/C Builder

Why Overland? Growing up my dad had a Jeep YJ that we took wheeling every once in a while and most of my favorite times were in the outdoors. He didn’t stick with it long but I now have my own son that I’ve been creating memories with and want him to experience the great outdoors and go on adventures. My other half and her daughter also love the outdoors and cleaning up the environment. So I’m wanting to expand my adventures and go camping outdoors and be able to rely on ourselves, even if it’s one weekend a month.
Pumped to see where we end up!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Gary (@ZillaOffroad ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a regular DFW meet up and it looks like they are planning a Nov trip, so keep an eye out for more info.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am a SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

Hello Gary (@ZillaOffroad ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a regular DFW meet up and it looks like they are planning a Nov trip, so keep an eye out for more info.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Awesome! Will do!

Reactions: Kent R and Leo4x4

The_Rogue_JKU

Rank I

Traveler I

Topeka, KS, USA
First Name
Jace
Last Name
Holmes
Member #

Name: Jace
Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara
Off-road & Overland Experience: Novice
Profession: Firefighter/Paramedic

Hello everyone! I’m super excited to be a new member here. I look forward to learning from everyone and becoming apart of the community.

Attachments

Animll22

Rank III

Traveler I

Brandon, Florida 33510, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Montgomery
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Definitely excited to join. Colorado native and grew up camping in the mountains. Moved to west FL years ago had a family and here I am lol. Trying to get my kids and family out in the forest and to enjoy the outdoors like I do. Hiking, fishing, kayaking, camping are definitely on our agendas. I've been working on an unusual build for the family wagon offroader... I have a 2019 Kia Sorento lx v6 AWD, added a 2" lift, Yokohama geolander AT tires, alluminum front skid plate is on it's way from turkey... the interesting thing about th he kia is there are more options for offroad upgrades oversees. But I'm working with what I've got and enjoying it. The pic I attached of my white Sorento is mostly stripped down since it was the day it came back from the lift shop. Will be loaded back up again next month for our camping trip to north west FL. The fully loaded pick is from a build done in Australia. #goals. Thanks again and I look forward to being involved and hopefully meeting some like minded people down here in FL

Attachments

MMc Sub

Rank 0

Traveler I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McFadden
Hidy Ho Neighbor.
I'm Mike from Salt Lake, meet Clifford. She's only 2wd and bits me in the butt regularly.
A rudimentary rig with a simple bed in the back and a bunch of totes for gear.

Currently in the market for a 1997-99 Suburban that's worth the effort to build proper!!

I grew up in my Dad's 1995 and have a soft spot for those trucks. But maybe a GMT800 would be easier to own?
Look forward to learning from all ya'll.

20191020_113939.jpg

Pfunk175

Rank 0

Contributor I

Uvalde, TX, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Pfalmer
Name: George (Pfunk175)
Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner
Off-road: Intermediate
Overlanding: Novice

The wife has been hounding me for years to go camping for years but I really wasn’t interested in roughing it since I left the military. Looking at some of these setups and not being surrounded by a bunch of people has gotten my attention.

Attachments

Av8or

Rank 0

Traveler I

Wisconsin
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Levin
Hello All!

Name: Austin
Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger
Other Rig: 1970 Cessna 180 Skywagon
Overlanding: Novice

Hey everyone, I'm excited to be a part of this group! I'm an engineer by day and pilot by night. I take my plane into the backcountry regularly, and when its down for maintenance I take my Ranger which I just added lights a level and some bigger tires to.

PXL_20201022_134347359.jpg
IMG_20200925_073449.jpg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello George (@Pfunk175 ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps however @USStrongman is the closest SW Region Member Rep to you, though in Texas "close" is relative term. Feel free to contact either of us with any questions.

Reactions: Kent R and Pfunk175

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Name: Jace
Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara
Off-road & Overland Experience: Novice
Profession: Firefighter/Paramedic

Hello everyone! I’m super excited to be a new member here. I look forward to learning from everyone and becoming apart of the community.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

KV Adventures

Rank II

Traveler II

Carlsbad, California 92010, United States
First Name
KV
Last Name
Venable
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KV6ADV
Hello my name is Kevin aka “Lucky Strike”

Rig: 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

My Background
I am an avid outdoor enthusiast. As a California native, I love to hike and film our beautiful mountain ranges here. I received my B.A. in Music from UCLA and, my MBA from San Diego State. My day job is working in sales support for AT&T selling networks to the USAF. I reside in Carlsbad, CA with my lovely wife and two cats.

My goal is to take this lovely Subaru Outback to places more adventurous than the garage it is pictured in. I have taken it into the Sierras numerous times but each time have left it at some wonderful trailhead. I feel it is getting lonely with this arrangement. So I‘ve decided to start Overlanding in it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Contributor I

Caddo, AL, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Rohan
I’m from North Alabama born and raised
The Rig: 2009 z71 sitting on 20” rims wrapped in 33” roadian mtx’s

Overlanding Experience/Background: Semi-experienced, seasoned camper/hiker. New to upgrading and adjusting my vehicle to accommodate a “light footprint” amongst the trails for camping.
Looking for other fellow big rig Overlander’s, full sizers and the norm as well.

Attachments