Rank II

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Noster
Hey All,

Second introduction because I think I accidentally deleted the first one. Whoops.

Name is Travis, I’ve been doing what I have now learned is called “Overlanding” for many years now. Cruising the old forestry roads of southern BC looking for that great new place place to camp and hitting every hot spring along the way. I’ve been known to travel ridiculous distances to soak in natural springs.

I do this with my 8 year old copilot who loves getting out and discovering new places just as much as me. It’s definitely in his blood. We have always tented up until now just because that’s what we liked to do. Now I’m at the point in my life where I want something with hard sides and off the ground to sleep in, so I’m having a trailer built by OffGrid Trailers in Canada. Have decided on the Expedition 2.0

I decided to go with the tow behind because I need the box of my truck for other parts of my life. Hunting, hauling firewood, ATV etc. The Expedition 2.0 seemed like the solution for me.

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho this year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Seems like a great group here and I’m looking forward to picking up some Idaho info and am always willing to offer whatever assistance I can to anybody looking into my neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Travis.View attachment 136460View attachment 136461
Whoooo!! I love those Off-Grid Trailers. How much is yours going to be if you don't mind me asking. I'm just in Calgary, we head out to the crowsnest pass often. Riding and exploring along the way.

Maybe see you around! Cheers,

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I have wanted to get to BC and do some exploring and was hoping that would be true this Summer but not sure that will happen. When I was a young kid my family took a vacation to Canada and went to Banff, Jasper, Calgary, Lake Louis, and other places. Those memories drive me to go back again. Don't know if you have heard about the NW Overland Rally held just north of Leavenworth, Wa., in a little community called Plain, but you and your traveling companion might really enjoy it. This year's dates are June 18-20. Just type it in on Google and you'll get the information. Your trip through Idaho sounds great.

Ruffrnr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tehachapi, CA, USA
First Name
Ross
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Finally made the leap to join Overland Bound!
I'm Ross, I currently live in Tehachapi, CA and drive a 2019 Toyota 4runner.
I got my start overlanding in my Land Rover series II I bought with my friend Tim while living in the Transkei in South Africa back in the early 2000's, but was stuck in a 2x2 Tacoma for years when I returned stateside. I'm having a blast getting back out on the trails and exploring the Mojave and southern Sierras!
ruffrnr.jpg

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Finally made the leap to join Overland Bound!
I'm Ross, I currently live in Tehachapi, CA and drive a 2019 Toyota 4runner.
I got my start overlanding in my Land Rover series II I bought with my friend Tim while living in the Transkei in South Africa back in the early 2000's, but was stuck in a 2x2 Tacoma for years when I returned stateside. I'm having a blast getting back out on the trails and exploring the Mojave and southern Sierras!
Welcome, Ross. Wow, I love that 4Runner. That's a really nice build. So beautiful. I had a 2013 Land Rover Discovery 4 and then jumped to a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. You are in a beautiful area, I miss exploring that area of CA when I lived there!

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello, my actual real first name is Berlin. Novice to "Overlanding", but I started camping before I was born thanks to my dad, moved up to the boy scouts, and have been camping and hiking for 50 years now. Nearing retirement I asked myself "what do you want to do with the rest of your life?". Motorhomers may as well have stayed home. Vans and RV's are for wimps. I restored a 1987 Suzuki Samurai hardtop. If you can live in a Kei car, you've focused life to the absolute essentials. Folding seats from a minivan mean I have 6' 2" of room to lay a mattress front to back. Leaving for Big Bend February 7th.
View attachment 136374
Welcome from Tulsa!

Reactions: Kent R

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

View attachment 136669
hi
Located in New Zealand.
this is my 2012 Nissan Navara 2.5l
Been doing a bit of overlanding for a few years.
looking forward to reading the forums and picking up a few tips.
found the forum through a YouTube clip on modified rear drawers
Cheers
Heya from Christchurch!

Dkham87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Little Rock, AR, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Hamlin
Member #

Hey everybody! My name’s Kory and I’m based out of the Little Rock Area. I’m excited to begin my overlanding journey here with Overland Bound. Looking to learn and find a crew of folks who know what they’re doing and where to go. This is my 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500. It’s a daily driver but I’d like to make it as versatile as possible to tackle whatever adventure might arise. I’ve got a few upgrades I want to make of course but I hope to begin figuring out what she’s capable of now and adjust as I go. DC561327-4542-49BC-ACAE-089DF0A6971A.jpeg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everybody! My name’s Kory and I’m based out of the Little Rock Area. I’m excited to begin my overlanding journey here with Overland Bound. Looking to learn and find a crew of folks who know what they’re doing and where to go. This is my 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500. It’s a daily driver but I’d like to make it as versatile as possible to tackle whatever adventure might arise. I’ve got a few upgrades I want to make of course but I hope to begin figuring out what she’s capable of now and adjust as I go. View attachment 136700
Welcome to the OB community. Great looking rig.

Reactions: Kent R and Dkham87

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

View attachment 136669
hi
Located in New Zealand.
this is my 2012 Nissan Navara 2.5l
Been doing a bit of overlanding for a few years.
looking forward to reading the forums and picking up a few tips.
found the forum through a YouTube clip on modified rear drawers
Cheers
Yeah, baby! It amazes me that Navaras are so popular overseas, but Frontiers here in the US are like red headed stepchildren (no offense to all the red headed stepchildren here). I'm on my second one, and dig 'em a lot!4FB338C6-4B19-43F5-B335-0853450BB75A.jpeg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi I’m Binh from Orange County, CA. I bought a 4Runner TRD Off Road last year. I’m getting my feet wet with overlanding and off-roading. I love it so far. I’ll be asking a lot of newbie questions so I want to thank you all for bearing with me.
Welcome to the OB community. I joined in November so I'm a newbie as well. Glad to have you on board.

kmetzoff

Rank 0

Contributor I

Madison, WI USA
First Name
KYLE
Last Name
METZLOFF
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kyle Metzloff
I live in Madison Wisconsin and have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that is mostly for fun and my Son mostly drives it.
I mostly overland in South Africa and the surrounding countries. I have a 1994 Land Rover Defender kitted out fairly well for several weeks of overland at a time.
This summer I will be in Botswana for three weeks. I am fairly new to this, but have some good guides over there.
I plan on importing one in the next few years, but leaving the current one named TOTO in South Africa. I would like to go to Alaska and up into Canada mostly when I get my rig over here sorted. I could do a Jeep, but I like the larger cab and heavy duty frame of the Land Rover Defender. Not sure if there any like minded people around me?

Hope to meet some of you!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeff (@Tango Tiger), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a meet up around mid February in the DFW area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.