Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey everybody, My name is Chip and I call the Ozarks in South Central Missouri home. I have been following along for a while but figured it was time to get active in the overlanding community. My current rig when I am traveling without the family and want to move quickly is a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. When the family is along for the adventure or I want to carry some more gear for comfort I have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner. I have been wheeling for a little over 20 years but kind of new to this "Vehicle-supported, self-reliant adventure travel" thing known as overlanding. Looking forward to gathering more knowledge from some of you veterans and can’t wait to see some of you on the trail.
View attachment 129920
View attachment 129921
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello all!
Fresh to the group and excited to be here. I’m in the Houston Texas area and working on expanding my travels.
View attachment 130099
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon, she’s a little beat up and needs a few things before my big trip (Houston to Alaska) but she’s mine and very capable. I’m a beginner in the world of overlanding, moderate experience in camping, and experienced in knowing my limits off road with 12+ years of Jeeping. I’ve taken Jeeps to, Moab Utah, Ouray Colorado, Hot Springs Arkansas, and multiple off road parks in Texas a few times over but none have been in the overland way.
View attachment 130100
So I have almost 9 months to plan my trip, prepare myself and my Jeep for my dream trip and I’m looking to pick some brains and borrow some knowledge from this group.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Reactions: Kent R

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

20190817_110028.jpg
Live in Omaha, Nebraska by way of New Mexico and Alabama

Driving a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon

Have had the Jeep about 6 months and have already been on a few trips with it so far. Will be adding some more equipment in the next 6 months for a long trip in Summer 2020. Also adding a Scout Trailer in a few weeks.

Have been into off-roading ATV's since I was a young kid, this is Jeep #3 so many more memories and adventures to go.

Roaminguero

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Winterthur, Switzerland
First Name
Roman
Last Name
vA
Member #

Dear all, long overdue since I joined a little well ago but hello at last!
I’m Roman, originally from the Netherlands but part grew up in Spain (from 12 on). Now living in Switzerland (after quite some time in the UK).

Look forward to get a bit closer to you all now time permits. My last trip was unfortunately back in September, work hasn’t allowed me more time since. In September I met friends of mine from
Belgium in Romania and we explored Transylvania for a bit. Absolutely loved it. I did 5000 kms in about 15 days but we had a couple of days where we only managed 40kms or so all day because of the terrain. Can recommend!

I’m currently getting around in my ‘17 Suzuki Jimny. Small and compacted and makes for some challenges when going away for a while on a trip but the minimalist in me is enjoying it for now!

Adjustments.jpgIMG_2636.jpgIMG_3512.jpg

Anyway hello all!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Dear all, long overdue since I joined a little well ago but hello at last!
I’m Roman, originally from the Netherlands but part grew up in Spain (from 12 on). Now living in Switzerland (after quite some time in the UK).

Look forward to get a bit closer to you all now time permits. My last trip was unfortunately back in September, work hasn’t allowed me more time since. In September I met friends of mine from
Belgium in Romania and we explored Transylvania for a bit. Absolutely loved it. I did 5000 kms in about 15 days but we had a couple of days where we only managed 40kms or so all day because of the terrain. Can recommend!

I’m currently getting around in my ‘17 Suzuki Jimny. Small and compacted and makes for some challenges when going away for a while on a trip but the minimalist in me is enjoying it for now!

View attachment 130282View attachment 130281View attachment 130280

Anyway hello all!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: Roaminguero

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 130262
Live in Omaha, Nebraska by way of New Mexico and Alabama

Driving a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon

Have had the Jeep about 6 months and have already been on a few trips with it so far. Will be adding some more equipment in the next 6 months for a long trip in Summer 2020. Also adding a Scout Trailer in a few weeks.

Have been into off-roading ATV's since I was a young kid, this is Jeep #3 so many more memories and adventures to go.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77 and MAV

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, hope to enjoy this community !

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Mike and I’m new to the overland scene. Looking forward to meeting some folks near me and taking some trips.
View attachment 130252

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: MAV

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Evening all,

My name is Mehdi Koch and reside in Virginia Beach. I own a 2010 Ford F-150, and have been slowly building it for daily use as well as overlanding. I've been to smaller sites like Shenandoah National Park, Blue Ridge Mountains and George Washington National Park, and have been researching other nearby sites (flag-Pole Knob and others). I've driven on the beach at the Outer Banks with another member @Jacob Arici (96 Toyota Land Cruiser) and my father (Jeep pictured). I am more than welcome to messages and recommendations for other sites and build ideas. Look forward to meeting some amazing people out there!
View attachment 130198View attachment 130199View attachment 130200

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey what’s up everyone there’s a noob here lol. From the central florida area and just recently been getting very interested in the overland lifestyle and camping in general. Not too many people I hang with are into the outdoors much as me lol so just looking to get around some like minded people and maybe start getting into some meets and trail runs. Don’t have a hardcore rig or anything but got my 06 trailblazer. So far just has 2 lift with adjustable bilstein 5100 in the front and rancho 5000 in the rear with 2” spacer. Have some 1.5” Bora wheel spacers and falken wildpeaks for tires. A lot of new parts as well which I have been installing just to keep her updated and rolling healthy lol. Thanks y’all look forward to journey.
View attachment 130195
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone I'm pretty new to overlanding but have been in love with the concept for a really long time. I have a 2003 Toyota Tundra, I plan on outfitting some things to camp out of the bed which has a topper. In the area of Lansing, MI. The UP was our only overlanding adventure and it was a blast. Hope to see others in the mitten as well!
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I saw this board mentioned on the Tundras forum and figured I'd check it out. I'm also sub'd to the Youtube channel and really enjoying it.

My name's Aaron and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra doublecab which I'm slowly plugging away at making more capable. So far, my favorite mod is the Truxedo tonneau and Thule TracRac SR combo which lets me keep our gear safe and dry while also letting me load the boat up. I can remove the rack for daily driving and still enjoy my roll down back window in summer, which a canopy wouldn't allow.

Our overlanding is exploring the remote northern backcountry of Alberta and British Columbia primarily for fly fishing and hiking. We're planning to add the Northwest Territory and the Yukon in the near future. For 2021, we're loosely planning a trip up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk.

My goals for 2020 are to increase my self-recovery knowledge. I don't do hard core crawling or off roading but mud pits, snow and bad spots are the norm in our travels. I need to put together a proper recovery kit and invest in some quality gear there. We're also fine tuning our camping set up, which is always a work in progress.

Anywho, enough jibber jabber. On to the pics!

View attachment 130169

View attachment 130170

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Sandpoint Steve & @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning, yall.

My name is Jacob Arici. I'm located in Virginia Beach Virginia. I picked up a 96 land cruiser earlier this year. Before I got the rig I was more into import cars I have 93 mr2 aswell but had friends who camp/overland and wanted to join the fun. The only experience I have off roading is just from driving hmwwv's and 7tons for the Marine Corps. I've gone on two trips in northern Virginia and found the group and wanted join a community I could learn and grow with. Looking forward to meeting up with some of yall.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova