slomark442531

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Shields
I’m Mark, located north of Pittsburgh. I have a 2011 SR5 Tundra Crewmax . Pretty new to Overlanding. I’ve done a lot of dual sport motorcycle camping and exploring. Slowly making a move to 4 wheeled based adventures so I can include my wife and kids.

Not too many mods done to the truck. Bilstein 5100’s up front. TRD Shocks on the rear. After years of running BFG All terrains I just put on some Falken Wildpeak MT’s just to try something different. They’re my first mud tire ever.
6E5E352B-6D9F-499A-BF63-5B7CDB53EBEC.jpeg

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I’m Mark, located north of Pittsburgh. I have a 2011 SR5 Tundra Crewmax . Pretty new to Overlanding. I’ve done a lot of dual sport motorcycle camping and exploring. Slowly making a move to 4 wheeled based adventures so I can include my wife and kids.

Not too many mods done to the truck. Bilstein 5100’s up front. TRD Shocks on the rear. After years of running BFG All terrains I just put on some Falken Wildpeak MT’s just to try something different. They’re my first mud tire ever.
View attachment 129802

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact me, your Regional Director, @Nomadik Nova for help or information.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Im Tyler, I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road and Im from Massachusetts. Im new to overloading but familiar with camping and ultra-light backpacking. I used to off road all the time in high school and I'm slowly getting back into it now.View attachment 129815

Don't hesitate to contact me, your Regional Director, @Nomadik Nova for help or information.

Reactions: Kent R and Tybigz

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Good Morning, Just getting started in Overlanding. Bought 94 FZJ80 X3
Welcome from Whidbey Island, WA!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R

overpakd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
David
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Hey all. I'm Bryn. Originally from Southern California, where I grew up wheelin' in the foothills around Orange County, at Anza Borrego, and sometimes at the Azuza Canyon offroad park. Now I'm in Springfield, Missouri, where I'm working on restoring a '76 Bronco. And I just got myself a 2019 Colorado with the ZR2 Bison package, and am looking to get it out.

View attachment 129787View attachment 129788
Sweet Bronco and Bison! Welcome to Overland Bound (and the ZR2 club)!

serpnt

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Jacie
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hi all!
I’m Jacie (said JC),and my better half Samawi (said Saw Maw Vee). We are the Millers from Albuquerque, NM. We have been out of the camping loop the last couple years due to aging fur babies, but we are getting back into it in an upgraded way. Our rig is a 2014 F150 and a brand new TetonX Hybrid!! Please feel free to ask about it.View attachment 129873
Hope to see some of you “out there”!!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overlanders, We are The Turtle Cruiser, my name is Steve & my wife is Lynn, we are from Manhattan Beach, CA. You might ask why a Turtle Cruiser? Don’t the Toyota 100 Series have a V-8? Yes they do and they do pretty well. The Turtle part comes from our hard shell James Baroud RTT. Like a Turtle, our home is on our back, at least while we are on the road, which has been over 75 nights this year. We have a 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 1/2” OME lift and Icon stage 3 Suspension, BFG KO-2 shoes, SLEE rear bumper and sliders, Dissent roof rack with the James Baroud Grand Raid RTT, dual battery system with RedArc, onboard ARB dual air compressor & Switch Pro to manage our lighting. We are somewhat new to the Overland scene, but have been 4 wheeling and car camping/base camping for 40 years. Earlier this year we did the AlCan Highway and drove the Dempster and the Dalton highways to The Arctic Ocean for a little swim. We are looking forward to joining the others on OB to continue our adventures and learn from each other. What a beautiful community the Overland Community is.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one the U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here in the forums. You can also contact @Barclay or our Regional Director @Narbob

Make sure and browse the New Member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the OB website.

Also check Rally Points and the Calendar for local meetups and training opportunities.

Hope to see out on the trail.

Reactions: Kent R

JBear223

Rank II

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
John
Last Name
Behrens
Hey everyone, I thought it was time to post and get more involved here online. I’ve been camping throughout the California desert and Sierras for almost 20 years now. I just replaced my previous truck with a 2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost. Added King shocks , Icon UCA and Deaver springs. I have a garage full of lights that I’m to busy to install, maybe one day.
Thank you all for the support on this sight and the overlanding info.
See you on the trail.
6274670A-A787-4262-B09D-4D85FF851FA5.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jacie (@serpnt), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: serpnt and Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey all. I'm Bryn. Originally from Southern California, where I grew up wheelin' in the foothills around Orange County, at Anza Borrego, and sometimes at the Azuza Canyon offroad park. Now I'm in Springfield, Missouri, where I'm working on restoring a '76 Bronco. And I just got myself a 2019 Colorado with the ZR2 Bison package, and am looking to get it out.

Welcome from NE Oklahoma Watch out for vapor locking in the bronco, it was an annoying issue with mine lol.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I thought it was time to post and get more involved here online. I’ve been camping throughout the California desert and Sierras for almost 20 years now. I just replaced my previous truck with a 2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost. Added King shocks , Icon UCA and Deaver springs. I have a garage full of lights that I’m to busy to install, maybe one day.
Thank you all for the support on this sight and the overlanding info.
See you on the trail.
View attachment 129896

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay & @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Steve from the SF Bay Area, and drive a 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland. Have been on a few multi day trips through Baja with my dad in his XJ, Rubicon (in my friend's CJ7), and several trails in the Tahoe area. Looking forward to some fun rides & new friends.View attachment 129894

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!
I’m Jacie (said JC),and my better half Samawi (said Saw Maw Vee). We are the Millers from Albuquerque, NM. We have been out of the camping loop the last couple years due to aging fur babies, but we are getting back into it in an upgraded way. Our rig is a 2014 F150 and a brand new TetonX Hybrid!! Please feel free to ask about it.View attachment 129873
Hope to see some of you “out there”!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 129802

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The closest Member Representative if @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Jokern2002

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Willow Springs, MO, USA
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Clinton
Member #

Hey everybody, My name is Chip and I call the Ozarks in South Central Missouri home. I have been following along for a while but figured it was time to get active in the overlanding community. My current rig when I am traveling without the family and want to move quickly is a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. When the family is along for the adventure or I want to carry some more gear for comfort I have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner. I have been wheeling for a little over 20 years but kind of new to this "Vehicle-supported, self-reliant adventure travel" thing known as overlanding. Looking forward to gathering more knowledge from some of you veterans and can’t wait to see some of you on the trail.
20171110_144531 (002).jpg
20191202_153305.jpg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Jokern2002 , welcome from central Oklahoma.
You have a couple of nice looking rigs there. Looks like you are running GMRS? Good option, any interest in ham radio?
We have a weekly Friday night net that you may listen in on if you are not licensed, www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
We talk about many topics related to overlanding as well as ham radio. Tonights net topic is New Ham Q&A.