Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone I'm Sean, my rig is a 2017 Tacoma I am new to the overlanding community but between military and wildland firefighting I have spent many years in the outdoors. Currently in the front range of Colorado. View attachment 127809
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Dylan. Though I've been on a few short overland trips and done lots of offroading, I still consider myself a novice to intermediate overlander. My experience being in nature however, is plentiful! I'm here to learn what's required or just desired in regards to gear, and find some new places to go in my area. As well as meeting new overlanders!

AO: Monterey, CA
Rig: '96 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L Auto
(Toytec 2.5" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 33x10R15 BFG T/A KO2s on ProComp rims)
For the future: re-gear differentials and install an automatic locker in the rear. Also hoping to get a good tube steel bender and notcher soon so I can start making my own bumpers and roof rack. :D

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay & @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Overlanders,

While I did just join OB, I'm no stranger to the great outdoors with many setups: hammock, tent, van, cot, sleeping atop my hummer in the Army and more. I recently sold my self-built Campervan to get back into 4x4. I've traveled the world and in the US, mostly the Southwest, yet my favorite places are within a few hours of home. I look forward to an OB community overlanding soon. I'm an avid mountain biker since the early days, a trail advocate and evangelist for leave no trace/it better than you found it. After over 20 years in IT Project Management I left the cubicle to own a yoga studio and am an FAA certified Drone Pilot. I love good coffee, good beer and bacon.

Here is my deets:

Rig: 2008 Lexus GX470 - needs a few more essentials - considering converting the interior for sleeping rather than an RTT. Hell yes I cut off the stock side steps ;-D
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate/Expert in the great outdoors with beginner/intermediate 4x4 skills. Trained in wilderness first aid and combat arms.

HOOAH!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: BigfootHacks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I became member 2886 about three years ago and never set up an account here. I now have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 that takes me all over the place! My mods include Icon stage 3 lift, 33" BFG K02's, SOS Concepts rock sliders, Ditch lights, CB, ARE camper shell, Iguana RTT mounted on a Yakima roof rack. I do a fair amount of wheeling in the truck. I am from Easley South Carolina and typically wheel with my buddies from the TacomaWorld forum. We travel around state to state a couple times a month. We frequent Uwharrie national forrest (NC), Windrock off road park (TN), and Adventure Off road park (TN).....we have visited Black mountain off road park (KY), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Morris Mountain (NC), Gulches off road park (SC), Greenville Pickens ORV (SC), Horsepasture rd (SC/NC), Bad Creek rd (SC), Chestnut Mountain (NC).....I'm sure i'm missing a few. Over the past 4 years, I have become fairly experienced off road...I know my trucks limits and when to back off. I also steer clear of body damage because its my daily driver.

View attachment 127712View attachment 127713View attachment 127714
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: PvilleJohn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newb here, but some of you may know me from other countless forums

Location (Lindenhurst, NY/Orlando, FL)
Rig (97 Toyota Land Cruiser Factory Locked)
Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep JKU
Overland Experience: Hunting, Fishing and camping out of my dads 76 F150 all of my childhood.
Why Overlanding?: I currently enjoy rock crawling but my buddies don't seem to want to do that anymore, so I decided ill do a mild overland build to spend more time comfortably with my wife and 3 boys in the outdoors. Thanks

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

View attachment 127634

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

I am From NY, only experience so far is a lot of tent camping and hiking, just now looking for my first rig to start outfitting for some rides, leaning towards a 4runner!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

J.Tac.O

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Almario
Member #

Greetings!

I’m here to learn as my experience is limited to a couple trips to the desert, local trails here in San Diego and some gnarly speed bumps at my local mall.

2017 Tacoma DCLB 4x4

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, LostPilgrim here. My real name is Mike but "LostPilgrim" is my gamertag and fits me in a way.

I grew up learning from my father who loved the outdoors. We went fishing, backpacking, car camping, shooting, hunting and exploring every chance we could. My father passed away a few years ago and it got me thinking about how I missed spending time away from life's distractions.

I started backpacking again, taking 2 or 3 trips a year with my buddies. I bought a 2016 Jeep JK a few years ago and have done a few minor mods to it since then... nothing big yet but I'm learning to do everything myself. "Built. Not bought", right?

I've wanted a Jeep since I was 11 years old and saw my first CJ7 at a car auction. My wife has fallen in love with them now too. I started watching YouTube videos of Jeepers overlanding and thought it merged two things I really enjoy.

I make video games for a living but living to me is spending time outdoors. My family and I reside in Austin Texas and I'm hoping that there's an active community of overlanders here.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings!

I’m here to learn as my experience is limited to a couple trips to the desert, local trails here in San Diego and some gnarly speed bumps at my local mall.

2017 Tacoma DCLB 4x4

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 127553

2) Location (General area is fine)
Huntsville, TX (East Texas) Along I 45 between Houston and Dallas.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
Basics:
2018 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4X4 (no lockers)
32" BFG KO2 (put on before lift) plan on upsizing.
3" OME lift with UPC's and HD Dakars on rear
Snorkel
Softtopper
Decked Drawers
Rock sliders
Comms: HAM, GMRS, CB

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
New to overlanding, but not new to camping. Grew up in Boy Scouts and love the outdoors. As a member of the Texas Toyota Coalition, I have spent time at Hidden Falls Adventure Park getting to know the capabilities/limits of my rig, and my ability to operate it off road. Presumably to help me identify obstacles, and know whether or not I can tackle it, or find another route. There's definitely more gear I need to add to the rig, which is why I'm here. I know what I need for camping, even long periods, but finding the best gear for a rig can be daunting! And, of course, where to go?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My humble greetings,

I am new here from Collierville, TN.
My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Only a few mod like, Gobi Rack, Icon S7, Rigid Light Bar, etc.
Experience: I did a few overlanding trips when I get to come home for vacation, nothing crazy. Most of my overlanding experience is in Afghanistan for a total of 4 years. Don't really know if that really counts.... But I am looking forward to learn more from you guys. Below is a few pictures of my rig.
View attachment 127502

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: ap19delta

ap19delta

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Collierville, TN, USA
First Name
An
Last Name
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent, will do! Thank you.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Christopher (@ctdrost ), welcome from Central Oklahoma.

You are in the Southeast Region, however you are so close to the Southwest Region you might also check out the Southwest Region sub-forum as many from TX and OK venture over into AR for the National Forests.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest, there is an Overland Bound - Southeast group as well.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! My name is Dylan. Though I've been on a few short overland trips and done lots of offroading, I still consider myself a novice to intermediate overlander. My experience being in nature however, is plentiful! I'm here to learn what's required or just desired in regards to gear, and find some new places to go in my area. As well as meeting new overlanders!

AO: Monterey, CA
Rig: '96 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L Auto
(Toytec 2.5" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 33x10R15 BFG T/A KO2s on ProComp rims)
For the future: re-gear differentials and install an automatic locker in the rear. Also hoping to get a good tube steel bender and notcher soon so I can start making my own bumpers and roof rack. :D
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member Representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if needed.

Remember to browse through the new member threads for some really good information that will make it easier to navigate the OB website. Also periodically check Rally Point and the Calendar for local meet ups and member trips.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.