Member Introductions *New Members Start Here*

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Prerunner1982

US Southwest Region Member Rep

Influencer II

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ryan (@Tex.Proud ), welcome from Oklahoma...but don't hold that against me as I am originally from Texas and have deep roots there.
And as one of my favorite songs goes: "I don't wear no Stetson, but I am willing to bet son that I'm a big a Texan as you are.." :smiley:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Also I see you are a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

Prerunner1982

Influencer II

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@LostPilgrim ), welcome from Oklahoma. As I mentioned to Ryan above I have deep roots in Texas, mainly around Lockhart and Manchaca.
My Father's CJ7 is what got me into Jeeps as well.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. If you are available the 1st Saturday of December the North Central Texas Meet and Greet is happening in Round Rock.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank IV
Supporter

Traveler III

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hi everyone, LostPilgrim here. My real name is Mike but "LostPilgrim" is my gamertag and fits me in a way.

I grew up learning from my father who loved the outdoors. We went fishing, backpacking, car camping, shooting, hunting and exploring every chance we could. My father passed away a few years ago and it got me thinking about how I missed spending time away from life's distractions.

I started backpacking again, taking 2 or 3 trips a year with my buddies. I bought a 2016 Jeep JK a few years ago and have done a few minor mods to it since then... nothing big yet but I'm learning to do everything myself. "Built. Not bought", right?

I've wanted a Jeep since I was 11 years old and saw my first CJ7 at a car auction. My wife has fallen in love with them now too. I started watching YouTube videos of Jeepers overlanding and thought it merged two things I really enjoy.

I make video games for a living but living to me is spending time outdoors. My family and I reside in Austin Texas and I'm hoping that there's an active community of overlanders here.
Welcome!

Reactions: Kent R

SayNoToDisco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston, TX
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gant
Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

LandRover.jpg

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

View attachment 127634
I'm speechless,SayNoToDisco, I say YES YES YES ! Welcome to Toyota land !

Hilop

Rank 0

Contributor I

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hilo
Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep JKU
Overland Experience: Hunting, Fishing and camping out of my dads 76 F150 all of my childhood.
Why Overlanding?: I currently enjoy rock crawling but my buddies don't seem to want to do that anymore, so I decided ill do a mild overland build to spend more time comfortably with my wife and 3 boys in the outdoors. Thanks

Prerunner1982

Influencer II

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Greg (@SayNoToDisco), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

SayNoToDisco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston, TX
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gant
Sweet ride! Welcome!

Newb here, but some of you may know me from other countless forums

Location (Lindenhurst, NY/Orlando, FL)
Rig (97 Toyota Land Cruiser Factory Locked)
Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)
Only you can judge your experience but your rig speaks loudly, it's looks very experienced.
Nice to have you among us here in OB land.
I hope we are worthy of your membership. This is a great bunch of knowledgeable guys and gals to work and play among. Welcome Rick

PvilleJohn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Easley SC
First Name
John
Last Name
Czarnick
Member #

Hello everyone! I became member 2886 about three years ago and never set up an account here. I now have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 that takes me all over the place! My mods include Icon stage 3 lift, 33" BFG K02's, SOS Concepts rock sliders, Ditch lights, CB, ARE camper shell, Iguana RTT mounted on a Yakima roof rack. I do a fair amount of wheeling in the truck. I am from Easley South Carolina and typically wheel with my buddies from the TacomaWorld forum. We travel around state to state a couple times a month. We frequent Uwharrie national forrest (NC), Windrock off road park (TN), and Adventure Off road park (TN).....we have visited Black mountain off road park (KY), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Morris Mountain (NC), Gulches off road park (SC), Greenville Pickens ORV (SC), Horsepasture rd (SC/NC), Bad Creek rd (SC), Chestnut Mountain (NC).....I'm sure i'm missing a few. Over the past 4 years, I have become fairly experienced off road...I know my trucks limits and when to back off. I also steer clear of body damage because its my daily driver.

Windrock 1.JPEGWindrock 2.JPEGBad Creek.jpg

Michael Redhawk

Rank I

Contributor I

Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Linden
Member #

Howdy Overlanders,

While I did just join OB, I'm no stranger to the great outdoors with many setups: hammock, tent, van, cot, sleeping atop my hummer in the Army and more. I recently sold my self-built Campervan to get back into 4x4. I've traveled the world and in the US, mostly the Southwest, yet my favorite places are within a few hours of home. I look forward to an OB community overlanding soon. I'm an avid mountain biker since the early days, a trail advocate and evangelist for leave no trace/it better than you found it. After over 20 years in IT Project Management I left the cubicle to own a yoga studio and am an FAA certified Drone Pilot. I love good coffee, good beer and bacon.

Here is my deets:

Rig: 2008 Lexus GX470 - needs a few more essentials - considering converting the interior for sleeping rather than an RTT. Hell yes I cut off the stock side steps ;-D
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate/Expert in the great outdoors with beginner/intermediate 4x4 skills. Trained in wilderness first aid and combat arms.

HOOAH!

Attachments

Bama_Kiwi

Rank IV
Supporter

Traveler III

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Howdy Overlanders,

While I did just join OB, I'm no stranger to the great outdoors with many setups: hammock, tent, van, cot, sleeping atop my hummer in the Army and more. I recently sold my self-built Campervan to get back into 4x4. I've traveled the world and in the US, mostly the Southwest, yet my favorite places are within a few hours of home. I look forward to an OB community overlanding soon. I'm an avid mountain biker since the early days, a trail advocate and evangelist for leave no trace/it better than you found it. After over 20 years in IT Project Management I left the cubicle to own a yoga studio and am an FAA certified Drone Pilot. I love good coffee, good beer and bacon.

Here is my deets:

Rig: 2008 Lexus GX470 - needs a few more essentials - considering converting the interior for sleeping rather than an RTT. Hell yes I cut off the stock side steps ;-D
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate/Expert in the great outdoors with beginner/intermediate 4x4 skills. Trained in wilderness first aid and combat arms.

HOOAH!
Welcome!

Gabriel Bozeman

NorthWest Region Member Representative

Traveler III

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! Your Land Cruiser is so boss looking. Must be a beast on the trail!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Member Rep OK,KS, MO, AR, TX

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK 74105, USA
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

HI guys,

I live and work in San Francisco, moved up here from San Diego in 2013.
I'm completely in love about all the outdoorsy adventures Northern California has to offer.
I turned into an avid snowboarder, so if there are any pow chasers out here please do reach out. Hence i'm not phased by winter that will be upon us soon to go on winter/snow overland trips. In fact, my current dream experience is to go hit the slopes all day, soak in a natural hot spring, BBQ and camp the night out :)

After following a childhood dream of owning/modding a Jeep for about a year & half now, I would love to find fellow adventure goers around my area to join and explore - overland style.
I just joined this forum, so please feel free to reach out or point me in the right direction. Looking forward to meeting the community and building new friendships. Anyways here's a few pics and details requested.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

(Photo taken on May 12th 2019, exactly one year from the lot)

View attachment 127133

(Photo taken on Nov 2nd 2019. Location : Signal Peak, Tahoe area)

View attachment 127134

(Photo taken on Nov 13th 2019, just installed my iKamper X-Cover couple of days ago)

View attachment 127135

2) Location - San Francisco, CA
3) Rig - 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
4) Overlanding Experience - I've been on a bunch of "wheeling" trips with my local Jeep community. I'll still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. But since I recently installed my rooftop tent, I'd wanna change my novice status.

Excited and looking forward to all the future, possible adventures.

Thanks,
Supreeth

PS: My rig's name is SLYSTRX (also my username here)
Nice Jeep!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Member Rep OK,KS, MO, AR, TX

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK 74105, USA
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I am brand new to this community. My wife and I are a year away from retirement and we are planning to hit the road. Both of our vehicles are possible for overland. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and she has a 2018 Subaru Forrester. Neither have any mods yet. I am here to begin my research for our future trips. We hail from good ole San Antone!
Welcome from Oklahoma