rauolivat

Rank 0

Contributor I

Veracruz, México
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Olivares Tapia
Hello my name is Raul I'm from Mexico, more exactly Veracruz state , I started as an offroader but right now I'm more interested in overlanding that another thing, maybe some time do some light offroad, I live close to the volcano Pico de orizaba and all my life since I was a kid I do camping, acctually my grand pa and my father do hunting, I do that , not that frecuently but I do still, so thats way I already have all my gear for do some overlanding experiences.

When I was 16 years old my dad and I bought my firs car, and still have it 13 years ago Its a bronco II, I bought it in super nice conditions, sometimes I regret doing a lot of changes to my truck, but here we are:

Ford bronco ii 1987
302 + np435 + dana 20 (early bronco)
dana44hp / ford 9 and 4.88s with arb lockers
37x12.5 irock mounted in OEMl 7x15 ford rims warn 10000 winch
custom front bumper, rear modify original bumper to hold the weight of the tire
rancho 9000 shocks and rubicon express coil springs
interior as original as possible (original stereo lol)
custom made roof rack

planning of doing som drawing system to my truck (4 drawers)
doing it a custom made awning by myself

and the most improtant thing I'll love to overland from where I live to visit my sister in Madison Wi (a 3940 km travel from where I live, Cordoba Veracruz), do that travel would be amazing the problem its that maybe i don't have enough money to do that kind of trip. but as soon as I can I'll try to doit
72532462_10217348389075575_8295660913394974720_o.jpg

MotoHop

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portage Lakes, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Hi Overland Bound!

My name is Matt. I’m from Ohio, and I have a love for just about anything with an engine. In the warmer part of the year, you’ll probably find me spending every available minute on one of my motorcycles, and in the winter, I’m typically wrenching on something in the garage or just counting down days until warmer temps return.

As an avid watcher of overlanding videos on YouTube, I think it’s finally time to pull the trigger and dive into overlanding. In the cooler months, this will be in my 2010 Jeep Liberty, and in the warmer months, I may bring one of the bikes with the Jeep. (.. or I may try to outfit one of my bikes for overlanding. We’ll see)

I’m excited to use the collective knowledge of OB to outfit my vehicles, find destinations, and hopefully build some friendships along the way.

First thing on my agenda is to purchase or build either a chuck box or sliding drawer system to house my camp stove, a small cooler, and maybe some storage for non-perishable food.

If anyone wants to connect outside of OB, you can find my motorcycle and Jeep related antics on Instagram - MotoHop (@motohop_) • Instagram photos and videos

Safe travels!

Adjustments.JPG

Jetmechanic

Rank I

Contributor III

Georgia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Nelson
Hello! Im Anthony

Live: Georgia
Rig(s): Audi A3 (lol), Dodge Ram
Wife Rig: Ford Edge
Future Rig: Searching for Land Cruiser or Capable 4X4
Experience: Beginner mixed with world traveler (Retired Military - AF)

I joined because I love being outdoors but have limited knowledge and want to do more and experience the world and life more!

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hello! Im Anthony

I joined because I love being outdoors but have limited knowledge and want to do more and experience the world and life more!
Welcome!! Same reason I joined!!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nathan (@weiln12 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. I see you have already found this section and commented on a West Valley meet up however there is an East Valley meet up tonight at 6:30 in Gilbert. US Southwest - East Valley, Phoenix Meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeff (@BCNP4runner ), welcome from Oklahoma. I spent much of my childhood in SW NM, would like to visit Los Alamos at some point. My mother lived there as a child (Nambe place over by the airport) as my grandfather was a scientist there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

SvartiBlack

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Benjamin
Member #

Hey everyone,

Rig: 2019 Ram Rebel
I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding. I have been offroad before and have spent plenty of time outdoors. I have always wanted to get into Overlanding but never had the money or the right vehicle.
Welcome! I'm in Atlanta as well. Just now getting into Overlanding myself. Went to Overland Expo East 2019, meet a lot of great people and continue to look forward to meeting new people around the and on the road.

Reactions: Riot12 and Kent R

Duluoz

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Brown
Member #

My name is Leo. I live in Charleston, SC. My rig is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X, but I have upgraded her to get me and my toys where I can use them. I love camping, backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, and hiking. I have overlanded/car camped all over the United States as I have lived in Maine, Georgia, Alaska, Texas, Washington, Oklahoma, Florida, California, North Carolina, and South Carolina. I look forward to meeting some likeminded people to learn from and adventure with.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Leo. I live in Charleston, SC. My rig is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X, but I have upgraded her to get me and my toys where I can use them. I love camping, backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, and hiking. I have overlanded/car camped all over the United States as I have lived in Maine, Georgia, Alaska, Texas, Washington, Oklahoma, Florida, California, North Carolina, and South Carolina. I look forward to meeting some likeminded people to learn from and adventure with.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

Rig: 2019 Ram Rebel
I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding. I have been offroad before and have spent plenty of time outdoors. I have always wanted to get into Overlanding but never had the money or the right vehicle.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

I'm Jeff from Burning Crown Nature Photography, exploring and photographing Northern New Mexico in my 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. I'm pretty much a novice, and hoping to learn from everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: LostInThought

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Im Anthony

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
North Phoenix, AZ
Been off-roading all over for a while, but I'm new to overlanding. I have a 2019 Tundra that is currently stock.
Looking to meet people and get out and explore!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982