Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I'm Steve from Portland, Oregon. I'm excited to join and start participating in the community. I don't have a ton of experience but I do get out to the dirt pretty often and I'm planning some trips in parts of remote Oregon, Nevada, and California. I drive a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. I've only had it for a few months but I'm enjoying it a lot. Yes it's a DD too which is a bummer but that's my situation at present. I haven't built it up much other than a roof rack although I'll be adding some rock rails soon. For what I like to do it's on target.

I love exploring forest roads and national forests around home. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and hopefully connecting with some other overlanders.

Here's a shot of the trail hawk on an awesome trail through Newberry National Volcanic Monument in central Oregon. The road goes straight through a lava field (the surface in the picture is an oasis of gravel in a long stretch of awesome lava rock -- the road is amazing).
View attachment 121291
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
From LA - Lower Alabama

View attachment 122049
1988 Isuzu Trooper LS - stock now, but have what I need for 2" lift, 16" Snowflake wheels and new tires - soon as I get time

Exp: Been camping & offroading a long time - want to mix the 2

-Ken
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Contributor I

Webb City, MO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Hutson

Ignoreamos

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tucson
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lansky
Member #

Another new guy! been offroading for many years.. raced motorcycles (dirtbikes) and UTV's for Can Am in BITD and SCORE... getting to old for that stuff.. Done a fair amount of Adv riding and currently own a KTM 500-690 and 1190. Live in Tucson Az and just bought a 02 Mitsubishi Montero that Im building into an Overlander/Camp/4x4er... been to a couple of overlander expos and cant believe how popular its getting.. looking to meet and ride with many of my new friends!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@Ignoreamos), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Tucson, hopefully you can make it. US Southwest - Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Tozan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lynchburg, VA, USA
First Name
Blane
Last Name
Maddox
Member #

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tundra. This is my daily driver and I’m just starting to build the rig for trips while being functional for everyday use.
Experience: novice! I enjoy the outdoors and this is just the next step for adventure! Recently went to the Overland East Expo and I’m hooked! Excited for my first outing soon.

Ignoreamos

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tucson
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lansky
Member #

Hello Michael (@Ignoreamos), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Tucson, hopefully you can make it. US Southwest - Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks for the information... just sent a message to the Tucson group about making the next meet up (Im thinking its this Thursday?) and asked for those details.... appreciate the heads up!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tundra. This is my daily driver and I’m just starting to build the rig for trips while being functional for everyday use.
Experience: novice! I enjoy the outdoors and this is just the next step for adventure! Recently went to the Overland East Expo and I’m hooked! Excited for my first outing soon.
Welcome Blane (@maddoxb9) to Overland Bound, from the DMV (DC/MD/VA)!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Here are some other useful links:
Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:​
U.S. East Forum:​
Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:​

Reactions: Kent R and Tozan

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Heya! New member as of last night. Slumming it in Huntington Beach, Ca.

2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Been Overlanding for years. Leaving tracks all across the western states. Looking forward to meeting the community and sharing some memories.

Cheers!
Welcome from the Northeast! Great pics!

As a Toyota 4Runner guy myself, be sure to check in on our Toyota 4Runner Owner’s Registry: 4Runner Owners Registry

joffreyhammit

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Phoenix
First Name
Joffrey
Last Name
Hammit
Member #

Hello! My name is Joffrey Hammit. I am from the Arizona, originally from Prescott but I attend school in Phoenix. I currently drive a 2003 Dodge Dakota, and although it is not exactly what one would think to drive when Overlanding, but it has worked well for me so far and I think that is all that matters! When it comes to Overlanding experience, I would probably be considered more of a novice, but I am excited to gain more experience with Overlanding.

Attachments

NewTxJL

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Southlake, TX, USA
First Name
Karan
Last Name
Narang
Member #

New member from Dallas, TX.

Current rig: 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon + Opus Offroad (4 sleeper)

Experience: Never been off-roading, some camping experience. If you count camping around Ring Road in Iceland for 10 days as overlanding, then i do have some experience.

Attachments

Ken B

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cherryville, NC, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Bowen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Currently Studying
Ken here in Cherryville, NC. Been camping, car camping, hiking and generally loving the outdoors all my life. Been doing the Scout thing for about 15 years now in a number of roles - Den Leader, Scoutmaster, Charter Organization Rep, District Vice Chair - on and on.

New to the "Overlanding" lifestyle. Things changed for me when a black bear tried to crawl in the hammock with me about 2 am in the Pisgah National Forest. Needless to say, I was spooked and decided to go up on the roof. Well, that required a new ride. My new ride - 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP. So far, I have added King shocks, SCS wheels, BFG 285s, Front Runner Rack, Hi-Viz RTT and ARB fridge. Only problem - not seeing any end in sight (just too many goodies). Looking forward to getting involved.

Hi Vis RTT.JPG

Redneck7490

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Rollins
Member #

You'll be back. Once you live in places like Utah you cant live back east anymore. Just look at all that beautiful country in the pictures. You have a great group of OB members there in Utah. I have enjoyed many Utube videos made by them. I hope to be able to join them someday. Anyway welcome to OB forums. There is a lot of good people here I have found. Is your Explorer a 4x4 or all wheel drive ? The SUV's make really good campers especially if your solo.
Ive wanted to move back east since right after I moved out here. I’ve lived in NV in the past but had family here so gave it a shot. It’s too dry for me to live here and I am not a fan of snow at all. Lol. People say I’m crazy but honestly I prefer the humidity lol. But the Explorer is a 4x4 and I’m too tall to sleep in the back even with all the seats folded down so I’m in a tent til I can afford a roof top tent then I’ll be going that route.