Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Strohmeyer
From Southcentral Alaska but currently in Spokane, WA for some job training.
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road due to the untimely death of my 4runner
Spent time offroad and camping growing up but not camping offroad. Have been limited as career has dragged me around the country, ready to get back in to it.

OffroadRn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Boatman
Member #

Hey everyone, Clint here from South Texas. My wife and I have overlanding spectators for about a year and we finally bought a 2019 Toyota TRD Offroad Premium a few months ago. Our pan is to make this daily driver a most capable weekend warrior. Rock sliders have been ordered and next on the list is the suspension and BFG'S.

Attachments

SoberNomad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Northwest Indiana, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McKay
Member #

Howdy all, SoberNomad here. My first rig is a 2017 Jeep JKU, zero mods so far. My second rig is a 2005 Toyota Sequoia, no mods yet other than getting it mechanically solid. I’m just getting started in overlanding, but I’ve been traveling and camping for many years. Looking forward to learning from y’all and contributing when I can!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey I'm Steve from Portland, Oregon. I'm excited to join and start participating in the community. I don't have a ton of experience but I do get out to the dirt pretty often and I'm planning some trips in parts of remote Oregon, Nevada, and California. I drive a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. I've only had it for a few months but I'm enjoying it a lot. Yes it's a DD too which is a bummer but that's my situation at present. I haven't built it up much other than a roof rack although I'll be adding some rock rails soon. For what I like to do it's on target.

I love exploring forest roads and national forests around home. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and hopefully connecting with some other overlanders.

Here's a shot of the trail hawk on an awesome trail through Newberry National Volcanic Monument in central Oregon. The road goes straight through a lava field (the surface in the picture is an oasis of gravel in a long stretch of awesome lava rock -- the road is amazing).
View attachment 121291
Welcome Steve! Glad to have you here!

A few tips to start you out:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area
-Check out the Member Map and the Rally Point system.
-Where you are, there are 2 FB pages for OBNW. The Willamette Valley one and the general region one. I suggest joining both!

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps and can answer any questions you may have.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi,

Merv from Brisbane, Australia
Driving: 1993 1HZ 80 Series Land Cruiser Dual locked and set up for some great family touring - Have owned her since 2002, don't think I will ever get rid of my 80 Series.
Experience: Outback Trips (2005 and 2018 - both month-long trips), Gulf Country 2004, various 4WDing parks around the place. Can pretty much take on most tracks, however, still, need some experience.

Here she is with my camping trailer
View attachment 121495

On our last trip to Outback AUS
View attachment 121496
Welcome! Awesome setup!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello,

New guy here! Live in Mukilteo, WA - Pacific Northwest native. Learning about off roading/orverlanding and love being the rare full-size rig keeping up with those yota & jeepers!

Rig is a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 (5.3l) crew cap standard 6.5 bed. I have a 6" fabtech lift w/ factory coil overs on Pro Comp 35" MT2 & Method Trail wheels. I have lights on the truck, locker in the rear diff and a kit (including a winch).

My overall experience is very limited; I have so much to learn. I cannot wait to get onto some trails and learn from the experts, make new friends and create new memories!
Welcome @Eskimo40! I'm just across the water from you (Whidbey Island)!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area (like the Meetup at Samish Overlook November 1st from 5-6pm!!).
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map (super helpful for finding people near you).
-Check out the region's FB page (NorthWest)

Hope to see you out there! Mukilteo is a good base for many great adventures! If you need anything (or want a camping/trip buddy), feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Just wanted to say hi, new member here...
Happy Trails....
Welcome from down south (Washington)!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for other members in your area.

Nice FJ! Super jealous! Love the trailer as well. Do you find it decreases your travel options or MPG? Looking at getting one for my adventures.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

From Southcentral Alaska but currently in Spokane, WA for some job training.
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road due to the untimely death of my 4runner
Spent time offroad and camping growing up but not camping offroad. Have been limited as career has dragged me around the country, ready to get back in to it.
Welcome from WA!

It's been a while since we have gotten a member from Alaska! Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for other members around you.
-Check out the FB page for this region (NorthWest).

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Hunter.Kiser

Rank I

Contributor III

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Kiser
Member #

Good Morning Overland Bound Community. My name is Hunter, a long time lurker to the forums that just recently pulled the trigger and joined the community officially at Overland Expo East. I'm currently living in Charlottesville, VA. I was previously driving a 2013 Wranger JK but the wife and I decided that we need a bit more room. Now we're driving a 2017 4Runner TRD OffRoad. Looking forward to meeting more members in the area!

EUBound

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

2221 Grass Lake Avenue, Lake, Michigan 48632, United States
First Name
Duane
Last Name
DeJong
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
I must not be savvy enough, clicked on the link to @Polaris and it took me to a thread of messages, but I don’t know how to break in or send a message.

EUBound

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Duane
Last Name
DeJong
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
I must not be savvy enough, clicked on the link to @Polaris and it took me to a thread of messages, but I don’t know how to break in or send a message.

EUBound

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Duane
Last Name
DeJong
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey all. My name is Duane
I’m from Eastern EU (Kosovo)
I drive a 2002 Nissan Patrol
I’m totally new to this type of community, looking to learn and explore. Unfortunately I can only travel weekends occasionally I can do long weekends or maybe even a week here and there depending on the time of year.
if anyone is in our area, look us up. We have plenty of room for overnighters.

Attachments

Holland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alabama, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hey everyone,
Signed up for my OB membership this weekend at the Overland Expo 2019. I’m brand new to overlanding, went camping a good bit as a kid though and wanted to get back into it. I just picked up a 2019 Tacoma long bed and don’t have much in the way of gear yet but looking forward to getting started. Very open to advice and recommendations!

- Holland