First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hi Everyone,

I’m so excited to take my family on some real adventures. And, I hope to meet and travel with my fellow overlanders soon.

Rig: 2019 Ford F-150
Experience: Rookie! Any advice is appreciated.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions for advice it may sound stupid he’ll it might be a stupid question but who cares we all have stupid questions. That’s why all of us are here to learn

Reactions: Big Blue

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
Don’t be afraid to ask questions for advice it may sound stupid he’ll it might be a stupid question but who cares we all have stupid questions. That’s why all of us are here to learn
I'm really excited about it. I need to decide on all the "overland gear". RTT or not? Built in storage or just stick to boxes inside and out? And most importantly... where to go? I'm going to have a million questions I think.

duncanshannon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Duncan
Last Name
Shannon
Hey folks - I found the website and forum via the Overland Bound podcast which as been really good! I'm new to overlanding an am gearing up to spend several months to a year on the road in 2020 driving thru central and south america. I currently live in Denver. In 2018 I spent a few months converting a cargo trailer to a camper and then pulled it around Colorado, Utah and New Mexico for couple months. So maybe I have a little experience!

I still drive the 2013 F-150 pictured. It's 100K miles and my current plan is to outfit that (and ditch the trailer) or the big trip next year. I want to get going and start doing some smaller trips asap - so I'm working thru how to outfit it to get started. I'm debating between a topper and building a bed and storage into it, or going the roof top tent route!

I have quite a few things from my trailer that I may incorporate into my truck based design - Battery, solar, cook stove, etc.

truck and trailer.JPG

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
Hello everyone I'm David, looking forward to meeting people and discovering new trails. My rig is a 2006 Chevy kodiak c4500 4x4. That I'm converting into an overland vehicle. I'm based out of central California. My go to camping get away is Mojave desert.
Overlanding doesn't seem like a big enough word for that rig! You need a category all your own. Something like Continent Cruising or Tectonic Touring. Looks like a ton of fun... several tons of fun.

wsm01

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Smith
New to the group,
Wayne Smith
Located in Texas ( Houston area )
Some experience off roading / camping
I have been transforming my 2012 Rubicon into what I consider an Overlanding rig, it is still not completed but well on the way.
Next on the list - near term
Big brake upgrade
improved suspension / lift

Longer term-
Hemi conversion014217055fc3ff47e75cb02ea089012b4f04f35b26.jpg

Attachments

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Howdy!
My name is Mike.
I'm a novice to overlanding but I've done a fair amount of "car camping" and a lot of backpacking. I'm excited to increase my range with a vehicle.
I've spent the past couple of years getting my dad's old truck "fully operational" and I'm beginning to fit it out for overlanding with my kids. (My wife might come along too from time to time.)
My son and I just took it on it's maiden voyage (post rebuild) to Moab Utah! Its was fun. Can't wait to start cruising all over North America meeting all the other Overland Bound crew!
My dad drove this truck up to Prudhoe Bay and down to Teirra Del Fuego, Argentina. It's done a lot of overlanding... now we'll get to take even further. ; )
View attachment 121670View attachment 121672View attachment 121674
Welcome.....beautiful truck...not many places you won't be able to go.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Howdy!
My name is Mike.
I'm a novice to overlanding but I've done a fair amount of "car camping" and a lot of backpacking. I'm excited to increase my range with a vehicle.
I've spent the past couple of years getting my dad's old truck "fully operational" and I'm beginning to fit it out for overlanding with my kids. (My wife might come along too from time to time.)
My son and I just took it on it's maiden voyage (post rebuild) to Moab Utah! Its was fun. Can't wait to start cruising all over North America meeting all the other Overland Bound crew!
My dad drove this truck up to Prudhoe Bay and down to Teirra Del Fuego, Argentina. It's done a lot of overlanding... now we'll get to take even further. ; )
View attachment 121670View attachment 121672View attachment 121674
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New to the group,
Wayne Smith
Located in Texas ( Houston area )
Some experience off roading / camping
I have been transforming my 2012 Rubicon into what I consider an Overlanding rig, it is still not completed but well on the way.
Next on the list - near term
Big brake upgrade
improved suspension / lift

Longer term-
Hemi conversionView attachment 121710
Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: Kent R