Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
Silvestri
Hello, new member and excited to have joined.

Based in the UK

Driving a 2016 Mitsubishi L200 or Triton depending where you hail from. Not modified other than to put a James Baroud Evo roof tent and ARB awning on it. I’ve only just had the awning put on today, before that I was using a tarp to escape the British weather.

Experience would be Novice. Not done anything outside the UK yet but have done a fair few trips in Britain, most recent being a month travelling around Scotland wild camping with the missus and my two huskies.

Glad to be part of the crew. View attachment 121157
Nice rig... I love seeing vehicles that aren’t in Canada

Reactions: Kent R and Dinger

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
James Rollins

Currently have a 2010 Ford Explorer but plan on trading it in for a Toyota Tacoma sooner than later. Miss having an actual truck. Lol.

Currently living in Utah. But I’m from the East coast (South Carolina) and plan on moving back east in 2020.

New to the Overland Bound world. Live for the outdoors and have done camping and off roading and such all my life then I came across this group/community and thought what better way to enjoy what I have loved all my life. Than sharing with people that enjoy the same thing.
Mostly end up going on my adventures solo but that’s okay. I just enjoy being in nature. View attachment 121197View attachment 121198
You'll be back. Once you live in places like Utah you cant live back east anymore. Just look at all that beautiful country in the pictures. You have a great group of OB members there in Utah. I have enjoyed many Utube videos made by them. I hope to be able to join them someday. Anyway welcome to OB forums. There is a lot of good people here I have found. Is your Explorer a 4x4 or all wheel drive ? The SUV's make really good campers especially if your solo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

skinner46

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
angela
Last Name
harris
Hi ya'll. Thanks for accepting me.
I've had big life changes the past three years, and have not been out on any adventures yet. I am collecting camping gear and will be traveling in my Honda Element once the weather gets cooler. My buddy will be my 11 year-old lab mix, Sweet Pea. I am a 1st time grandma to a 2-month old grandson that I hope to take camping when he's bigger. I love being outdoors after being in a corporate building for most of 33 years. I am sooo green to this kind of adventure and I know there will be mistakes made, but I am really excited about what's out there that I am missing.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I've had big life changes the past three years, and have not been out on any adventures yet. I am collecting camping gear and will be traveling in my Honda Element once the weather gets cooler. My buddy will be my 11 year-old lab mix, Sweet Pea. I am a 1st time grandma to a 2-month old grandson that I hope to take camping when he's bigger. I love being outdoors after being in a corporate building for most of 33 years. I am sooo green to this kind of adventure and I know there will be mistakes made, but I am really excited about what's out there that I am missing.
Of course you are accepted, this is OB where everyone brave enough to hit the back roads in whatever vehicle they choose to drive is welcome. Feel free to ask for any help or advise you feel might be helpful to yourself. Every was green at some point. Personally I feel you should get as far away from Houston as you can get with all that humid temperature, and get out into God's country away from all the Hussle and bustle of city life. I have a Sweet Pea too, it's my daughter who is about to embark bravely into the OB world also. Anyway I hope it turns out to be all you are looking for, I know it gives me the peace I seek and the people I want to be around who are like minded for the most part. Good luck, Lanlubber Jim

Yowie_fett

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Brisbane QLD, Australia
First Name
Nathanael
Last Name
Claydon
Member #

PSX_20191007_175231.jpg
Hello all, new to the forum but have been 4x4, outdoors and camping enthusiast all my life. Living in Brisbane QLD Australia Currently driving a 2008 Nissan patrol which I have recently purchased as an upgrade due to the need for the extra seating for when my now 9 week old daughter graced us with her presence. Looking forward to talking and sharing with many like minded enthusiasts etc.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Angela (@skinner46 ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities. There are quite a few members from the Houston area, there are at least 3 threads at the top of the SW Region page right now about Houston area members.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Beaumont...now I know that's not real close to you, but then again in Texas close is a relative thing.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Greetings from Oregon!
Welcome from up North Alex! @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps and can answer any questions you may have.

Here are a few tips as a new member:
-Check out the local region's forums (NorthWest)
-Look into the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and members in your area
-Our region has a FB page as well. The Willamette Valley area also has one. Consider joining!

Hope to meet you on the trail someday.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! And congrats on the new grandson!

R.Markus

Rank 0

Contributor I

Northwest, IN
First Name
Mark
Last Name
R
Hi from the tip of Lake Michigan.

I'd been adveture touring the US by motorcycle until I had kids about a decade ago. I loved it and only get out about one week every other year to go out west, but that is pretty much an unacceptable amount of time to be out exploring. I've recently come around to the idea that I might be better off taking my 2012 GMC Sierra or my wife's Subaru Crosstrek (both are bone stock right now) and get out that way... plus I can take the family that way and wouldn't have to leave them for a week or two at a time to go travel.

Here are some photos of my favorite motorcycle that I miss about every day (KTM 640 Adventure)...

822_1060707001881_9000_n.jpg

1918506_1231610274356_861122_n.jpg

A slight error in judgement in trying to do a cross country trip in December. After being stranded for two days, I walked to a hardware store and bought machines screws and a drill. Once I had the tires studded, I was back underway.

1918506_1231847040275_1723892_n.jpg

This is what I have now... It's a 1999 DR350 with a 5.8 gallon tank made for a Honda 650L. It's not a highway machine like the 640 was, but it gets the job done off the main path.

13041268_10209567558289774_8164108353309114346_o.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Glad to be a part of this community. I'm Phil and current vehicle for travel is a 2005 E350 Sportsmobile diesel that I've made a lot of mods to since buying it in 2006. I've been traveling N. America by 4x4 since a kid and plan to continue. Next trip is to South America over the course of 2020. Trying to get ready for the trip now.

Phil
View attachment 120956
View attachment 120958
View attachment 120960
Welcome. Looks like a fun capable rig. If your ever in Reno, NV on a second Wednesdayof the month, feel free to join us at a Reno Overlanding meeting. There's a link in the meet ups thread.

Boreal Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Europe
First Name
s
Last Name
K
Hi all.. greetings from the Netherlands!

I'v been fortunate enough to travel many beautiful countries around the globe over the last 20 years or so.
Many of them were what we would now call in "Overland" style.
Just to name some of the trips i made:

I've been to Australia for almost 3 months exploring the outback and east coast in a Toyota Landcruiser Troopy camper,
1 month New Zealand camping and driving a Toyota Rav4,
2 weeks Iceland round trip and crossing the inland with a Nissan Patrol Y61,
Playing around on the Greenland icecap in wintertime with a MAN 4x4 truck,
Exploring Morocco in a 2 week 4x4 round trip crossing the Atlas Mountains and playing in the dunes a couple of days in an old Landcruiser,
and 3 times a 3 week trip in a Ford F350 truck camper exploring the beautifull Rocky Mountains in Canada and the US.

As for now.. i don't own an overlanding rig.. i'll have to do with my boring Nissan sedan,
but still made an epic road trip to Norway and Zweden this year,
driving as much of the scenic gravel backcountry roads i could find together with my girlfriend and the new RTT we bought this year.

So.. that's a little bit about me for now.

See you out there!

Steve.Taiga Overland Morocco.jpgTaigaOverlandMorocco2.jpg

Last edited:

PowerWagon_46

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bethesda, OH, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Haught
Member #

Hello Everyone! I'm from Bethesda, Ohio and just began my overland journey! My passion began when watching Expedition Overland PanAmerican series on Youtube and is slowly becoming more than wishful thinking. I have a 2017 Tacoma and the Ms. is thinking about getting a 4Runner. Looking forward to the guidance & knowledge from everyone here!20190920_102657.jpg

Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
My name is John. I live in Southern CA, West LA to be specific.

I have a 97 Defender. AS 90 and a 2007 LR3 that is now my daily driver.

I would consider myself a quick learning novice. :)

I’m excited to get out more and explore with my young son.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

SCS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
S
Member #

Hey I'm Steve from Portland, Oregon. I'm excited to join and start participating in the community. I don't have a ton of experience but I do get out to the dirt pretty often and I'm planning some trips in parts of remote Oregon, Nevada, and California. I drive a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. I've only had it for a few months but I'm enjoying it a lot. Yes it's a DD too which is a bummer but that's my situation at present. I haven't built it up much other than a roof rack although I'll be adding some rock rails soon. For what I like to do it's on target.

I love exploring forest roads and national forests around home. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and hopefully connecting with some other overlanders.

Here's a shot of the trailhawk on an awesome trail through Newberry National Volcanic Monument in central Oregon. The road goes straight through a lava field (the surface in the picture is an oasis of gravel in a long stretch of awesome lava rock -- the road is amazing).
1570573653143.jpeg

Last edited:

Punkyskunk

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Johnstown, Colorado, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Hey all! Just got my membership today, and super excited to start sharing and learning from the wealth of knowledge ill find here!
Rig: 98 Jeep tj 4.0 liter/maunual 5 speed
Experience: Very first car when I was 17 (35 now) was a 91 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 liter and did some light trail stuff in NY. Been into camping, hiking, mountain biking, and quads, since I was a kid. I’ve done some light off roading in other peoples rigs, since then, but bought my first Jeep as an adult, about 4 months ago. I’ve put over 200 off-road miles on it, already, after lifting it 2” and putting on 31” tires (definitely moving to 33’s soon). Living in Denver, I’ve done some relatively challenging trails here, in the Rockies, but have also been to Moab twice now

Attachments

Last edited:

Scomo74

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Longview, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Hello,

Rig: 1978 CJ 7
Experience: Grew up camping and hunting/fishing in the outdoors. Love to travel and have mostly traveled outside of the US. Just got my Jeep late last year and just “finished” it last weekend. My wife and I are going on your first overland trip Thursday to Ouachita National Forest for a four day shake down trip. Looking forward to exploring and traveling across the US for awhile! Anyone know of some great camp sites off the trail in the Ouachita National Forest?

Contributor I

Corona
First Name
Colby
Last Name
Christner
Hello everyone, very excited to be apart of this awesome crew!
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4
Experience: Always was a camper and loved spending time outdoors as a kid and now that I started my career with the Forest Service, I was able to buy my truck and start going on adventures with it.

Last edited:

Sturmjaeger

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chan
Member #

Hi all! My first introduction to overlanding was living vicariously through Mike from LLOD and of course the OB YouTube channel. Shout-out to my friend Stan who suggested this community!

Background: I have never been a "car guy" but have always been a "gear guy" (EDC, lights, pouches, packs and fun things like patches). It looks like my "gear" will now include the stuff that takes me further into the wild.

That said, I enjoy rucking (thanks GORUCK!) and have enjoyed traveling everywhere my two feet could take me with everything I needed on my back. Looking forward to embracing greater capabilities with a vehicle.

Current vehicle: 2007 Honda CRV
Future vehicle: 2019 or 2020 Toyota 4Runner or similar (trying to weigh options)
I am in the process of replacing my pavement pounder with something newer, and mainly joined up for the community input.

Experience: Novice.