Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum(and overlanding) but not new to wheeling and camping. My wife, two kids, and I just moved to the Dallesport, Washington area (from southern Alabama)and want to start overlanding and getting outside more to enjoy the beautiful area. I recently just bought a new to me 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon after being without a Jeep for about a year. I had a 2012 Jeep JKU for years prior and used it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. Haven’t really started a build on this one just yet, still researching what I want to do with it, but hopefully by next spring I’ll have it pretty well equipped. For now we have just been loading it up with camping gear and hitting the road. Being new to the area, we don’t have any knowledge of local trails, events, or clubs. We are hoping that the OB forum will help connect us with local like minded people who want to get out often and see the world. If your in the area, and want to hit the trail we would love to join you. We look forward to meeting you and wheeling with you.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello guys!, just joined

my rig is a 2011 Nissan Xterra (work in progress...)
View attachment 116173
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @KentR stated I a your U.S. West Member Representative, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here on the forums @Magic Mike or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Make sure you browse through the New member threads this will allow you to see how much information that our site contains. Also take a look at Rally Points (US West) for Meetups in your local area. There are monthly meetups around your area. Also check out the Calendar thread for trips, meetups and events.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm excited to join this forum and learn more about overlanding. I've always had an adventure bug, but recently has gotten much worse (in a good way) and I've been wanting to get out and find new places to see/camp.

I've been into off-roading all my life, mostly fast paced pre-running, but I now have the bug to slow it down a bit and see the sights the world gave us. I know I might not have the best overlanding vehicle, but I gotta do the best I can with what I've currently got.

I live in San Francisco, only hours away from the sierras and all they have to offer.

heres a pic of my 2010 Ford Raptor when I was down in Baja with the EXO guys.

Welcome to Overland Bound. As @KentR stated I a your U.S. West Member Representative, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here on the forums @Magic Mike or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Make sure you browse through the New member threads this will allow you to see how much information that our site contains. Also take a look at Rally Points (US West) for Meetups in your local area. There is a monthly meetup in Dublin, which is basically in your backyard or at least within driving distance. Also check out the Calendar thread for trips, meetups and events.

Reactions: 19mystic96

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to the Team - My wife and I are starting our overlanding and looking to take it to the next level soon (along with our youngest son!) cant wait to tour the back country here in the west!)

--Arndt Lost
Welcome to you as well. If you have any question or concerns I am your Member rep, feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Greetings, everyone! My wife and I have been avid RVers for the last 10 years, and plan to go full-time at some point after I can retire. We’ve also had dreams of visiting as many of the countless interesting places across the world. I’ve lurked and read about overlanding for a couple years now, and recently finally broached the idea to my wife: who said, “Great! When do we go?”

We’re currently in Hawaii with our 2008 Jeep WranglerJKU, and my plan is to gradually upgrade it for overland travel and have it fully ready (along with planning, etc.) by early 2023 when I can retire. In the meantime, I plan to continue learning and living vicariously through the travels of others!
Hello Mike (@Webman9113), welcome from Oklahoma. I see that you are a ham. We have a weekly Friday night net on Echolink.
If you don't have an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater in your area you can use the Echolink app. If you use Android and need help with the app hopefully this thread will help you: Echolink App (Android)

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi this is Pat , new member. How do we find out about stuff near me, like Rendezvous in the Ozarks and anything else I can get involved with.
Hello Pat, welcome from Oklahoma.
Since you are in the Midwest region check out the Midwest Region section and the Meet up section and the Trip Planning section to get involved with any local happenings.
Since you specifically mentioned the Rendezvous here is the link to the event page. Rendezvous in the Ozarks Overland Rally
@Iwata77 is a Member Rep for the MO area.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@Cornfed ), welcome from Oklahoma. Where abouts in NM are you currently residing? It's unfortunate that you don't have the truck with you as there are some nice places in NM to get away.

You are and will be in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Lance (@oneleglance) , welcome from Oklahoma. Would like to see pics of all your rigs. Sounds like quite a selection.
I see that you are a ham. We have a weekly Friday night net on Echolink.
If you don't have an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater in your area you can use the Echolink app. If you use Android and need help with the app hopefully this thread will help you: Echolink App (Android)

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

Hello all!

I'm Keith and I just joined the forum today. Looks like I'm to incude:

Picture: I didn't come that well prepared. lol I'll add one later
Experience: I used to do a little four wheeling as a younger guy. Had a 1985 toyota pickup with a small lift, tires, roll cage in the cab, etc. Was a fun little truck but underpowered for the tires! As far as overloading, I got really into ADV motorcycle riding a few years ago. I rode the mid atlantic BDR last year and have done many trips riding and camping off of my bike. My favorite was a trip last fall to ride the alps with a bunch of friends. We rode in Switzerland, France, and Italy. I had a lot of fun on the bike but was becoming more and more interested in back country travel, and my wife was worried I would drop the bike on myself and be stranded until help came along. We had a pretty bad bike wreck a few years ago and long story short she just never warmed up to me riding the bike again so over the winter I called it quits and sold my 2017 R1200GS Adventure that I had pretty well built up. I did a build thread on it at ADVrider.com under the title "meet gus". I absolutely loved that bike but I know it was the right decision for my family. I'm pretty excited to do these trips and be able to bring my wife and or kids along on some of them!
Rig: I just bought a 2010 4Runner trail.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello all!

I'm Keith and I just joined the forum today. Looks like I'm to incude:

Picture: I didn't come that well prepared. lol I'll add one later
Experience: I used to do a little four wheeling as a younger guy. Had a 1985 toyota pickup with a small lift, tires, roll cage in the cab, etc. Was a fun little truck but underpowered for the tires! As far as overloading, I got really into ADV motorcycle riding a few years ago. I rode the mid atlantic BDR last year and have done many trips riding and camping off of my bike. My favorite was a trip last fall to ride the alps with a bunch of friends. We rode in Switzerland, France, and Italy. I had a lot of fun on the bike but was becoming more and more interested in back country travel, and my wife was worried I would drop the bike on myself and be stranded until help came along. We had a pretty bad bike wreck a few years ago and long story short she just never warmed up to me riding the bike again so over the winter I called it quits and sold my 2017 R1200GS Adventure that I had pretty well built up. I did a build thread on it at ADVrider.com under the title "meet gus". I absolutely loved that bike but I know it was the right decision for my family. I'm pretty excited to do these trips and be able to bring my wife and or kids along on some of them!
Rig: I just bought a 2010 4Runner trail.

Welcome to OLB ….. from the DMV (DC / MD / VA)!

As a Toyota 4Runner guy myself, be sure to check in on our Toyota 4Runner Owner’s Registry as well: 4Runner Owners Registry

Reactions: Kent R and KMDADV

LostCoastNomad

Rank II

Advocate II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
LostCoastNomad
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Ryan and obviously brand new to the forum.
Currently based out of Las Vegas, NV
My truck is a 2014 Silverado that I'm just starting to outfit
Definitely a novice to the "overland" world, but not to the outdoors. I grew up in somewhat northern CA and spent a lot of time hiking and snowboarding around Tahoe. Also spent the last 9 years living in North Carolina near Charlotte.

IMG_0571.JPGE0EE097F-143D-4404-8AB2-73D3CBB853DF.JPEG

trav87

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUQ
Hello all, Travis from Sweet Home Oregon checking in.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Freespirit Recreation High Country tri-layer RTT
And lots of other goodies. I'll do a write up later, but just joined and introducing myself.
Looking forward to meeting fellow explorers
IMG_20190806_210616_085.jpg

EUBound

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

2221 Grass Lake Avenue, Lake, Michigan 48632, United States
First Name
Duane
Last Name
DeJong
New to Overland Bound, been catching up on many of the YouTube video’s. I live in Eastern EU (Kosovo) small developing country, not many overlanders here, and not too many places to go that I know of. If anyone has been here or is close to us, would love to start learning this community. I have a 2002 Nissan Patrol that honestly needs some work. But I do have a rooftop tent. Other wise it is pretty stock. And has some 4x4 issues, however I have not found anyone here that can work on it.

fosgate

Rank 0

Contributor I

Naperville, IL
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dahm
I am new to Overland Bound. Just got my first Jeep and would like to get into overlanding and camping with my family. I have some friends that rock crawl but I would rather go on trails and find great places than sit for hours trying to get over one rock.

Naperville, IL (Western suburb of Chicago)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Novice overlander, tent camping in past

I am looking forward to finding some like minded people/families and go on some trips.

20190828_174128.jpg

FL0verland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Northeast Florida
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Conner
Hey Everyone, new to the forum (obviously) and to the overlanding scene. I recently bought a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail. Excited to begin my overland journey and raise my son in the outdoors (not literally lol.) I previously owned an 88 gmc 1500, which was completely built for the mud.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello All,

My name is Ryan and obviously brand new to the forum.
Currently based out of Las Vegas, NV
My truck is a 2014 Silverado that I'm just starting to outfit
Definitely a novice to the "overland" world, but not to the outdoors. I grew up in somewhat northern CA and spent a lot of time hiking and snowboarding around Tahoe. Also spent the last 9 years living in North Carolina near Charlotte.

View attachment 116702View attachment 116703
Welcome from Reno. Check out the meet up thread to see what's happening in your area. If you have any questions, you can contact our regional director @Narbob or me. I'm one of the members reps.

TheBronze

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Montebello, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Washburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GBW
Service Branch
US Army
Hello, I'm Brian and I'm brand new to the Overlanding concept. I recently retired after almost thirty years in law enforcement. I'm proud of the work I did, but I'm as equally glad that its behind me! I have always dreamed of traveling to remote locations, exploring things that are seldom seen and photographing them. I also want to practice my other passion from remote locations and that is ham radio. I recently bought a 1992 YJ Wrangler that is in the process of being rebuilt. I plan to keep it pretty basic as I'm not really a hard core off-roader. My only real experience in off-roading was driving an old M151 Jeep in the forests of Germany while in the Army. I'm hoping to learn a lot here about off-roading and Jeeps, and maybe help others that are interested in photography or ham radio.

RealtorInSA

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Antonio
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Carmona
Member #

Hey everyone, i just signed up :)

I'm in San Antonio, TX
Driving a stock '07 GX470
Only experience i have is camping out at Big Ben National Park (primitive campsites) before Overlanding even became a thing :)
I just need to get a rooftop tent and i'll be fishing a lot more :D

Attachments