RedBluff CA
First Name
wacy
Last Name
barbour
Member #

Hello folks,

I'm Jermaine from the SF Bay Area.
My rig is a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 that is stock right now. I am currently collecting parts such as wheels, UCAs, and more suspension parts are in the mail.
I'm pretty much a novice to overland and 4x4 with one trip under my belt. I got some basic camping skills. radio handling. I am most certainly looking forward to learning and being apart of this awesome community!View attachment 115096
Hey keep me posted on what you do with it I'm curious as I've always wanted an f150 for overlanding but got a toyo instead and have fun doing so can't wait to see your ideas on it.

Reactions: Kent R

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Hello everyone, great to be here , thanks for having me
Currently in East Texas with an address in the Matanuska Valley,AK
2.5-3 more years on the job for my wife and I then a far flung wandering commute between address A and address B
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 C/C 4x4 6.4l gas are the chosen vehicles .
Waiting for the arrival of a couple of Opus Air Offroad to look at before I select a trailer, but it will be "minimal" with regards to weight/footprint
I see mobility as freedom

Rogeresson25

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Esson
Member #

Hey everyone!

Vehicle: 2006 TRD Toyota Tacoma
Experience: I have done many expeditions in Arizona, Colorado and Utah. I am a huge climber and love to canyoneer. Love to travel to remote places that is hard to find and thrive off of adventure! I am currently planning a Baja trip for 2020 if anyone wants to jump on the forum I have started on my profile. Cheers!

Attachments

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi everyone, I am Jon.

View attachment 114981
2) Spokane, WA area
3) 2012 Jeep Rubicon (I just got it recently)
4) I will say a novice, but I have driven plenty of Military track and wheeled vehicles over the span of about a decade.
Welcome Jon,
Keep an eye on the calendar and member map for local events. Hope to see you on the trail.

Kristin L

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Kristin
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin, I’m a registered nurse who loves the outdoors. I’ve got a 2018 Jeep JKU (Sahara) that I’ve been building up since last year. I suppose that make me fairly new to overlanding but I’ve camped my whole life. I’m in Southern California so I’ve got plenty of places to roam. Looking forward to learning new things, meeting great people, and making some memories. A941BED6-5279-40D0-AFCB-0C9128EE8415.jpeg199B9347-73A7-49B8-A1D7-93FD303A4718.jpeg74CB70B1-E25F-49B0-9FD1-C1A29BD3ABA5.jpeg

No_way_Jose

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
First Name
jose
Last Name
Sandoval
Jose from CA

2019 RAV4 hybrid awd (not sure if its worthy of the badge of "overland worthy" but she's all I got).

No overland experience.

I've backpacked and car camped. Looking for something new and exciting and after just recently getting rid of my 04 4Runner for a RAV4, it's tough to even carry a few bins with camping gear. After joining and lurking for a while, I was inspired to work on a trailer build. Here is the build I just wrapped up.

Thanks for creating this awesome community. Looking forward to learning from you all. 20190829_185637.jpg

Irmantas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vilnius, Lithuania
First Name
Irmantas
Last Name
Cernojarovas
Hello from Vilnius, Lithuania! ( now open google and try to find it :D )
My name is Irmantas, had couple of 4x4, but now got back to LR and enjoying it. Continuously preparing it for travels, had 2 trips to Carpathian mountains already. Would recommend to go there!
Will be proud to be a member of this group and looking forward on meeting you in any side of Atlantic!
0-02-04-6424546944e766b546f3e51dfa8a3ec0fcaf2c4f95799dbc640140fa2581cf83_7e362794.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bruce (@bgenlvtex), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. You weren't specific with where in East Texas you were but there are a couple of meets around the eastern part of the state. Hopefully one is close to you.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Roger (@Rogeresson25), welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking setup.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Vilnius, Lithuania! ( now open google and try to find it :D )
My name is Irmantas, had couple of 4x4, but now got back to LR and enjoying it. Continuously preparing it for travels, had 2 trips to Carpathian mountains already. Would recommend to go there!
Will be proud to be a member of this group and looking forward on meeting you in any side of Atlantic!
View attachment 115146
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jose from CA

2019 RAV4 hybrid awd (not sure if its worthy of the badge of "overland worthy" but she's all I got).

No overland experience.

I've backpacked and car camped. Looking for something new and exciting and after just recently getting rid of my 04 4Runner for a RAV4, it's tough to even carry a few bins with camping gear. After joining and lurking for a while, I was inspired to work on a trailer build. Here is the build I just wrapped up.

Thanks for creating this awesome community. Looking forward to learning from you all. View attachment 115141

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Depending on your location in CA there are lots of Member Reps to help you and lots of regular meet-ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin, I’m a registered nurse who loves the outdoors. I’ve got a 2018 Jeep JKU (Sahara) that I’ve been building up since last year. I suppose that make me fairly new to overlanding but I’ve camped my whole life. I’m in Southern California so I’ve got plenty of places to roam. Looking forward to learning new things, meeting great people, and making some memories. View attachment 115120View attachment 115121View attachment 115122

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob or help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Our upcoming Rally Sierras:
Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Vehicle: 2006 TRD Toyota Tacoma
Experience: I have done many expeditions in Arizona, Colorado and Utah. I am a huge climber and love to canyoneer. Love to travel to remote places that is hard to find and thrive off of adventure! I am currently planning a Baja trip for 2020 if anyone wants to jump on the forum I have started on my profile. Cheers!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, great to be here , thanks for having me
Currently in East Texas with an address in the Matanuska Valley,AK
2.5-3 more years on the job for my wife and I then a far flung wandering commute between address A and address B
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 C/C 4x4 6.4l gas are the chosen vehicles .
Waiting for the arrival of a couple of Opus Air Offroad to look at before I select a trailer, but it will be "minimal" with regards to weight/footprint
I see mobility as freedom

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks,

I'm Jermaine from the SF Bay Area.
My rig is a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 that is stock right now. I am currently collecting parts such as wheels, UCAs, and more suspension parts are in the mail.
I'm pretty much a novice to overland and 4x4 with one trip under my belt. I got some basic camping skills. radio handling. I am most certainly looking forward to learning and being apart of this awesome community!View attachment 115096

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community!

New member here! Just wanted to drop a quick intro of myself.

I'm Biohax in the forums or Chris in the real world. (Biohax comes from a brief career in infosec)

I live in east Denver, Co U.S. used to live more in the mountains and looking to move back as soon as I can.

Currently Overland on two different "rigs" at the moment.
Mainly I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road. Mostly stock at the moment but I have plans to add much much more.

I also ride a 2017 Honda Africa Twin to get me way out in the backwoods. I've modded it with crash bars, pannier racks and various heated equipment for extra riding comfort.

I would say I'm a moderately experienced overlander but I've been out of the game for a few years. I used to take my old beater Ford Ranger out every weekend and find some place new to camp out. I'm happy to be back into it!

View attachment 115083View attachment 115084

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Christian here
Rig: 2005 Jeep Rubicon
Experience: Loads of Offroading, backpacking and camping. Novice to everything Overlanding.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Adam I live in Petaluma CA. After years of small commuter cars I went out last week and bought a new 4Runner. I have no trail driving experience but have camped all my life. Looking forward to this next chapter will be looking to get this set up for camping with my kids. I will have a lot of questions along the way I’m glad I came across this site.
View attachment 115026

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

FYI, I will be having a regional meet-up in Santa Rosa this fall, you will receive an invite on the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I am in the process of building my first rig. I bought a 2018 Mahindra Roxor and am currently buying parts and trying to outfit it. I am in the San Antonio area. I don't have much off roading experience other than driving in deserts over seas and two track roads in northern Ontario. I am here to learn and hopefully meet some people who can show me the ropes. The Roxor is currently in PA getting a roll cage welded up and when I gets back to Texas I'll be sanding it down and Raptor Lining it. If anyone knows people who do hot shot runs or that move vehicles, I'd love to talk to them about scheduling a pickup from PA and delivering it in San Antonio. Thanks!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

I hope you keep all of us updated on the build and how the Mahindra Rotor works for you.

Reactions: arupp and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, Anthony here. Lifelong camper, new to overlanding. Currently have a 2014 Tacoma. I live in San Diego and look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts in the area and getting info on great places to go in Southern California.
View attachment 114985

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay