Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello All! My name is Matt, I'm a 20 y/o Firefighter/EMT that is just getting into the hobby.
My current rig is a 2000 Ram 3500 4x4 w/ the 488 Magnum V10.
My experience is hiking, camping, and my need for a vehicle I can live out of for re-enacting travels.
I'd love to meet anyone in the Ohio area and see what we can do around here!
Welcome to OB from Austin, TX!!

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself.
Born and raised in California. Currently in the Bay area, but making plans to leave. My gf and I are planning to drive the Pan American highway south to Ushuaia next year. No rig yet, but learning towards a Toyota land cruiser with a RTT. Im a novice when it comes to overlanding in a vehicle, but I'm familiar with long term travel, crossed the Asia/Europe continent on a bicycle. I need to learn how to change a tire! :)
Sounds like an awesome adventure!! Welcome to OB from Central Texas!

Reactions: PhotoMatt10

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello everyone, another new member. I’m from Far West Texas (El Paso) with no “official” overlanding experience but I have Ben camping for 50+ years some of which was out of the back of a pickup. I mostly camp off the back of my motorcycles and typically use a hammock with trees or a stand that I carry with me.

I’m getting older and I’m in the process of building out my 2001 F250 superduty to allow my wife and I to sleep n a comfortable bed as well as provide the basics of Overlanding capability.

Thanks for letting me join the group, looking forward to learning from everyone.

Kevin
Welcome to OB from Austin!! Headed to Big Bend in the fall.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hey. My name is Nick and I’ve been addicted to 4x4’s for 15 years with no plans of giving it up. I’ve had a little bit of everything - Toyota’s, Jeeps, Land Rovers, Trucks. I’m currently on my 3rd Land Cruiser and my wife is on our 3rd 4Runner.

Here’s Lucille, our 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport:
View attachment 109805

View attachment 109806

And here’s Shirley, our 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60:
View attachment 109807

View attachment 109808

We reside in the Hill Country of Texas. And as far as overland experience goes? We’re just here to have fun. Been 4-wheeling and camping since I was a little kid, but I learn something new on every trip.
Welcome to OB from Austin! Always up for a ride out in the Hill Country.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Houston, TX
2017 Ford F-150 FX4 Ingot Silver
I’m new to overlanding and just starting to focus on building my rig. Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed. I was thinking suspension, wheels and tires to start. Was planning on just new coil overs and rear suspension for now and possible add on’s like lifts and springs later if needed with my long wheelbase.
Welcome to OB from Austin.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello all, I'm Drew from Boise, ID. I'm fairly experienced with overlanding and road trips having traveled many forest roads in Idaho and surrounding states over the last several years. I had a VW Touareg from 2013-2018 and for the last 8 months a 2016 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. It has front and protection and rock rails from Chief Products. I camp with a CVT Trailer and a Roofnest RTT. The trailer has a 30 gal water tank and is powered by a Goal Zero Yeti 1000. I'm enjoying the setup so far. Hope to learn a bunch more from this site!

I'm building a photography and travel website at www.TheUrgencyToMove.com.
Welcome from Cental Texas! I will be trying to head up to the Boise area in the fall. Would love to pick your brain on some great locations.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello, I'm Justin and I'm from the Houston, Texas area.

I just bought a 2019 RAM Power Wagon and am looking forward to getting into overlanding. I have been following the YouTube channel for a little over a year now.

I have virtually 0 experience in overlanding, been camping a few times, but grew up hunting annually in West Texas.

View attachment 110977View attachment 110978
Great looking truck! Welcome to OB from Austin.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

New member here from the Texas Hill Country. I'm really looking forward to getting more into overlanding and learning as much as I can. I have a 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport that I am slowly building to be mild rockcrawler and overlanding rig. I want to explore the offroad trails in other states and hope to make it to Alaska some day.
Welcome to OB from Austin! Always up for a trail ride!

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hi There, Think I missed this step. I had actually first saw the site in April but just recently got my membership and Became active. We live in the Fort Worth area and are looking for many different types of overland excursions. I drive a well equipped Ford F250 6.4L, RTT, Front and Rear Lockers, Comms and currently studying for my technician License. Lori drives a 1998 wrangler sport (TJ) and look to tow or tandem drive to some destinations. just got back From an OB event in the Texas Hill Country and ColoSprgs before that tackling some slightly more Technical trials. Offroading since the late 70's in the Mojave Desert, and now back into after a 20 year Hiatus and my Retirement. Up coming short lost: PINS, RimRocker, Mojave Road and the Ozarks. Hit us up if interested in heading anywhere on or off that list. Thanks, Darren.

View attachment 111480View attachment 111481
Love the rigs! Welcome to OB from Austin.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm pretty experienced in the camping and hiking side of the outdoors but less so but not a complete novice with Overlanding. Experience lies mostly in mild well-maintained trails and the military operations. I have two rigs one is currently (possibly permanently) out of commission a 95 Toyota 4Runner has some heavy-duty springs and mud terrains, the other is my 19 Subaru Crosstrek it's a daily driver with plans to make it a mild backcountry and camp vehicle. Hope to learn some things, help some people, and have a good time here.

Located just west of the DFW Texas area.
Welcome to OB from Austin!

Reactions: 7YODA5

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello, My name is Omega and I am planning for a overland trip after retirement from the Military and a few trips close in the area around North Texas and Oklahoma Probably start out with Blue River. I have a 2017 JKU which I am working getting set up and gear needed for big trip in about a year. I am going to use small trips to fine tune gear and setup to make the big trip fun and easy.
View attachment 111799
Nice rig! Welcome to OB from Austin.

Pi_Baker

Rank II

Advocate II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Alix
Last Name
Penning
Hey y'all!

I'm Pi, or "Alix" if you prefer legal names ;). I met a couple'a y'all on the Malakoff Diggins trip.

Right now I'm from San Jose, but I've also been from LaMorinda/WC, Santa Barbara, and a little town in Missouri called Nevada.
Currently driving Olivia, a Burgundy 2003 GM Sierra RWD. She's my second vehicle since I was 16, and she's a ton of fun.
My wife's on this forum, too: @rho .

Lookin' forward to catching up with y'all int eh forums and hearing about your adventures!

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Hey y'all!

I'm Pi, or "Alix" if you prefer legal names ;). I met a couple'a y'all on the Malakoff Diggins trip.

Right now I'm from San Jose, but I've also been from LaMorinda/WC, Santa Barbara, and a little town in Missouri called Nevada.
Currently driving Olivia, a Burgundy 2003 GM Sierra RWD. She's my second vehicle since I was 16, and she's a ton of fun.
My wife's on this forum, too: @rho .

Lookin' forward to catching up with y'all int eh forums and hearing about your adventures!
Yay! Hi!

Reactions: Aussie571

Nbharris350

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cary, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Harris
A3979F34-759C-47A2-B9D9-455708F8A55C.jpeg

I’m Nate and I live in NC. I grew up four wheeling and doing a lot of “mudding” so I have a decent amount of experience in the 4x4 aspect of it all. In the past few years I’ve been traveling the country for work and got into camping and mountain biking. I prefer dispersed camping where I can ride and enjoy the solitude and beauty that nature has to offer.

This is my new truck and I intend on getting it set up for camping and riding. Obviously getting to those hard to get to spots is key so I’m hoping this truck will help.

I am aware that most overland vehicles are smaller but this is my vehicle of choice and I would love to get out on some trails and camping trips with some people on the east coast.

I look forward to the adventures!

Lance14352

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
H
Member #

Been lurking for a while but just joined up and got my badge in the mail.

IMG_20170527_190051.jpg
1. North Side of Milwaukee Wisconsin
2. I drive a 2014 GMC Sierra Extended Cab completely stock.
3. No Overlanding Experience but some backpacking and typical camping.

Setup for a Mountain Bike race here in Wisconsin this summer
MVIMG_20190608_123031.jpg

marlinmonty

Rank 0

Contributor I

S.E. Oklahoma
First Name
warren
Last Name
bauck
Hello . I guess I did this right and the internet is not on fire so , good for me . LOL .
I am a new old guy who has been watching this overland thing for a few years now . I just find it interesting and exciting . I am a Army vet , retired otr truck driver , granddad , hunter and long time camper .
I just started a build out of our new ARE commercial topper on our 18 Ram 1500 4x4 . Just for honestly just a place to overnight camp in comfort and still be able to take the SXS or boat . Love our Winnebago drop but I just wanted something a lot simpler for shorter camps .
I like to see what others build and use as I am a do it yourselfer who loves a good project .

I hope maybe sometime I can help , advise someone on a project build of some kind .

Marlinmonty