Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF* | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

4LoGTG

Rank V
Adventure

Pathfinder III

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Welcome to the OB family, Bobby!

4LoGTG

Rank V
Adventure

Pathfinder III

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi everyone! Long time outdoorsman just getting into this exciting world of overlanding. I’m mainly getting into this so I can escape the monotony of city life in Los Angeles and enjoy some peace in the wilderness with my two kids with relative ease compared to the backpacking I’m used to.

I look forward to meet you all in the future!

I currently run a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado z71.
Welcome to the Overland Bound family!

Kozysnack

Rank V
Adventure

Educator I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Kozysnack

Rank V
Adventure

Educator I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Welcome Bobby

VeteranDan

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

Nebraska, USA
First Name
Toyota
Last Name
Hilux
Member #

Service Branch
USCG 47' MLB Pilot
New member here. Located in Nebraska and ready to get back into overloading here in the midwest and Rocky Mountains. Im looking for new groups to ride with and bring my family along with as well.

Rigs: 2021 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro / 2018 Can-Am Defender XMR HD10

Experience: Moderate

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.
Hello, welcome to the OB family.

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
New member here. Located in Nebraska and ready to get back into overloading here in the midwest and Rocky Mountains. Im looking for new groups to ride with and bring my family along with as well.

Hello Dan, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

freak4life

US Southwest Member Rep, Arizona
Supporter

Member II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Kozysnack

Rank V
Adventure

Educator I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus Gx 470
I’m intermittent in Overlanding . I love driving . My friends today even joke with me because of my Mantra “let’s go places” I’m new to this club and I can’t wait to “go places “ with this group.
Welcome to Overland Bound

GreenKoala

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Jazmine
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

I’m intermittent in Overlanding . I love driving . My friends today even joke with me because of my Mantra “let’s go places” I’m new to this club and I can’t wait to “go places “ with this group.
Welcome from Los Angeles… I’m new to the group too, and they are very helpful. You in for a great adventure.

Vagrant Forever

Rank I
Adventure

Member I

Holland, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Jarred
Last Name
Oberman
Member #

Hey I’m the Vagrant and My Beautiful wife, we will call her The Bird. This is our New to us 2016JKU We had a bad ass Rav 4 that we took on many off-road and on road adventures but hurricane Ida ate her in one bite! We are excited for the upgrade none the less. We are big campers, love our paddle boards (we take em down the Delaware river.) we have two dogs and we need to get some mud in these tires! We are thinking of doing the northern section of the trans Nj Trail this weekend but we are having trouble finding information! Happy Trails. VAGRANT , BIRD

Attachments

GreenKoala

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Jazmine
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

Hey, I'm MamaBear! (wife of Stringtwelve, I know, be jealous)

Rig: 2014 Trail Edition 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, co-pilot to Stringtwelve

I'm also a Mama to a 2 year old. Looking to enhance the overlanding experience to include families into the fun! Looking forward to sharing my experience and advice into new overlanding families here on overlandbound.com.
Hello from California

GreenKoala

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Jazmine
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

Hey I’m the Vagrant and My Beautiful wife, we will call her The Bird. This is our New to us 2016JKU We had a bad ass Rav 4 that we took on many off-road and on road adventures but hurricane Ida ate her in one bite! We are excited for the upgrade none the less. We are big campers, love our paddle boards (we take em down the Delaware river.) we have two dogs and we need to get some mud in these tires! We are thinking of doing the northern section of the trans Nj Trail this weekend but we are having trouble finding information! Happy Trails. VAGRANT , BIRD
What a story. that’s awesome that you guys are okay and still heading out. Hope you have a good trip, I’m on the west coast.

freak4life

Supporter

Member II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Supporter

Member II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jarred, welcome to both of you to Overland Bound. Try trailsoffroad.com for local trails information, I find their ratings, as far as the difficulty of a trail to be accurate.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Member II

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Member II

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Shahn Brown