Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Some of you already know the beautiful terrain around Ohrduf Castle from the OTTO offroad and overlanding expo this year.

Also the rest of the year it is possible to camp on the site and already for the Advent season the organizer of OTTO, Jörg Gienapp, will make camping on the beautiful site possible again. In connection with the christmas market "Advent at Ohrdruf Castle" the camp will open its doors again.

We will be there from Friday to Sunday. Who is coming?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello,

Not long now and the advent camp will take place.

Due to the very critical situation regarding C19 in Germany, the measures have been strengthened.

For this event this means as of today:
On the entire site, the respective valid Corona rules of the state of Thuringia apply. Currently this means for visitors of the markets and participants of the camp 2 G (participation only when vaccinated/ recovered).

As the C19 situation is particularly critical in the state of Thuringia, where this event is taking place, it could be that the measures there will be tightened even further. The so-called hospitalization rate (hospital admissions per 100,000 inhabitants within seven days) there is above the highest limit of the step-by-step plan, which was decided today. We will have to wait and see in the next few days. I will keep you informed.

Bjoern

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE: Advent camp is cancelled!!!

According to the new regulation due to C19 Christmas markets are prohibited in certain regions. That is why the Christmas market at Ohrdruf Castle has now been cancelled.

The organizer of the Advent camp has considered whether the camp can possibly take place without the Christmas market and with a "2G" or "2G+" regulation (thus entrance only for vaccinated/ recovered and if necessary additionally with negative test) as a private event under free sky. However, ultimately decided against it.

A good reason for this is the dramatic situation with regard to the full or overloaded intensive care units (meanwhile transfers of intensive care patients to other regions in Germany and partly also between European countries, e.g. from the Netherlands to Germany or from Germany to other countries take place, planned surgeries are postponed, etc.).

Thus, it seems necessary to limit travel activities with - although low - risks of accidents or the like as much as possible. I can therefore well understand the decision of the organizer. I don't want to imagine what it would mean if someone to get injured or have an accident during the camp and could not receive adequate care due to the situation in the hospitals.

So, we are looking forward to next year!

Reactions: MazeVX and NotGumby

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

That was foreseeable given the direction everything takes right now. Well... Up to next year.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, now nothing like that will take place in the nnext months. I am glad that we had before still so great meetups like at the OTTO or Abenteuer Allrad expo. And next year it goes on. Let's look forward to it.

Reactions: NotGumby