Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Just check my calendar. I am free that weekend so super stoked to attend and meet some of youse again.

Reactions: El-Dracho

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Are there already plans on overnighting? Is there a place we can stay together. Should I try to organise some spots on the „wie-wild“ camping. We could also buy one or two group tickets.

What do youse think?

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

weird, when I click on the link for the rally point I get a 404 error..

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I get a 404 message as well, I will definitely try to be there again and let's hope it's not as cold as last year!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Are there already plans on overnighting? Is there a place we can stay together. Should I try to organise some spots on the „wie-wild“ camping. We could also buy one or two group tickets.

What do youse think?
Hi Thore,

Last year there was the possibility for groups to reserve spots. The way it works is that everyone books their own place and indicates the group name in the booking. I speak with Joerg and ask him how he does it this year.

How many will stay overnight?

Will update this once I got the feedback from Joerg.

Cheers,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So, just talked to Joerg. Group places are again provided. Everyone books for themselves and then someone of the group has to combine the group via this form OTTO-Camp Gruppenplatz – Offroad- & Touristik-Tage Ohrdruf

However, fixed, marked group places as we know it from the last year, are only from a group size of 6 vehicles. Smaller groups have free choice of places. If the group is smaller than 6 vehicles, the first person to arrive gets the group ticket and can officially choose the place and blocks spots for the rest of the group. Everyone else is not allowed to block spots and that is good because it avoids someone blocking spots for someone else who might be coming (or not). Because we overlanders are one big family and everyone is welcome.

So register individually and then combine as a group. @XC70_OVERLANDER Thore, Would you like to do that? All those who have registered must then send you the data (ticket number, license plate number and first name and surname) best by PN.

Cheers,
Bjoern

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
So, just talked to Joerg. Group places are again provided. Everyone books for themselves and then someone of the group has to combine the group via this form OTTO-Camp Gruppenplatz – Offroad- & Touristik-Tage Ohrdruf

However, fixed, marked group places as we know it from the last year, are only from a group size of 6 vehicles. Smaller groups have free choice of places. If the group is smaller than 6 vehicles, the first person to arrive gets the group ticket and can officially choose the place and blocks spots for the rest of the group. Everyone else is not allowed to block spots and that is good because it avoids someone blocking spots for someone else who might be coming (or not). Because we overlanders are one big family and everyone is welcome.

So register individually and then combine as a group. @XC70_OVERLANDER Thore, Would you like to do that? All those who have registered must then send you the data (ticket number, license plate number and first name and surname) best by PN.

Cheers,
Bjoern
Hej for sure I can do that.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hej for sure I can do that.
Supercool. So everyone who has booked a single spot sends you the data and you take care of the group spot. That's great. Thank you.

Why the RP is no longer visible and members get an error 404 instead is under investigation.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just ordered the tickets. @XC70_OVERLANDER Thore, I have sent you a message with the details for the group spot. Thank you for taking care of it.

We will be in the area beforehand anyway and then travel to Ohrdruf on the friday. I am sure it will be a nice expo again. I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Cheers,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
weird, when I click on the link for the rally point I get a 404 error..
The bug is fixed and the RP is visible also in the web version again. Thanks to @Jim SoG and the dev guys for taking care and fixing the problem super fast. Great work!

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hej Björn,
Thanks for the heads-up yesterday for this highly recommended event from last year. Unfortunately we will be attending a Svensk Land Rover Klubb meet the weekend before (5 days) over on Gotland therefore it's impossible for us to attend.

The reason I say that is because I quit my job, the new job that I have I've not qualified for vacation time yet. There's always next year.

Mvh, Todd.