Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atherley, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Hey all, there were talks a while back about having a meet up. I was hoping to bring that plan back to life! I'm a little more northern , I'm from the Orillia area but willing to travel an hour's drive if we're able to set something up! Let me know and drop some comments on what everyone else thinks!

Cheers

Reactions: Northerntrouble

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

Hey all, there were talks a while back about having a meet up. I was hoping to bring that plan back to life! I'm a little more northern , I'm from the Orillia area but willing to travel an hour's drive if we're able to set something up! Let me know and drop some comments on what everyone else thinks!

Cheers
I’ll keep an eye on this thread. We’re from Washago so In your neck of the woods. Always looking to meet new like minded folks!

df150

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

This looks good, unfortunate my truck is not ready yet, i am also searching for some good routes with crown land around , for good camping spots, the thing is that there will be some long drive from GTA area, before you can hit some crown land.

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I’m good for most any day of the week except Thursday nights. I’m in Sutton area so where-ever central is for everyone who wants to attend would be good.

Cheers

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I’m good for most any day of the week except Thursday nights. I’m in Sutton area so where-ever central is for everyone who wants to attend would be good.

Cheers
Answered the wrong part of the thread. Looks like a full size truck, my preferred vehicle, can do most of the trip, not sure about the trails but willing to give it a go. I could also change to my stock Cherokee Trailhawk. A little far away but after being stuck in the area for months it would be welcome escape.

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
Is there any interest in this?

Any interest in the Ottawa Valley overland route. Found on gravel travel?
was thinking
Wed. July 8th to Friday July 10th.

Gravel Travel Canada - Ottawa Valley Overland Route
Canada's Source for Overland Routes
www.graveltravel.ca

So this was interesting..
Did not get to finish due to technical problems with truck, with Phone(gps), with air compressor, and with improper planning..
but hear are some pic's anyway

I will be doing this again, Just to say I finished it....
If your so inclined please join me next time.

Attachments

Reactions: Hummerrescue

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
i used the gpx track and google maps on my phone.
I only managed to get through 1/2 of the route and i want to go back and pick up where i left off.
hopfully some will come with me this time

so it will be a wednesday or thursday and camp overnight, finish the route and return home on the second day..
come on guys its july already, with all the warm weather it was pretty easy going.

as for social distancing, that can be done easily. Planning on camping at granite lake like the website says. you dont need some elaborate camping set up.
heck you can sleep in the vehicle if you want.
I'm using this route as a test for my set up for other more challanging ones comming up.

ok let me know.....

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
Does anyone rally want to meet up?:blush: Guys the summer is going to be over and we ( central ontario) have not meet yet.
All we need is 2 to meet then others might and hopefully will follow then we might get to some type of trip

any takers...
social destance rules and mask rules in place except for drinking coffee or beverage you get the idea...

Reactions: Hummerrescue