Western Virginia Monthly Meetup (old thread)

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Ook guys, does country cookin sound good to everyone? I'm guessing they'll have the biggest tables and parking lot available. Probably around 9:30?

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Sorry guys I dropped into the abyss for a week, phone crashed, home desktop has too many issues. Hope y'all have a good ride today. Hopefully I can make next meet up.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Alright! The second meet-up is in the books and I had a great time. @Darrell , @witchdoctor_33 and @PipeFighter met meet for a good breakfast this morning and then we went and beat the back roads west of Buena Vista, starting with a stop off at the camp sites we checked out last go round.

We made our way down past the reservoir and found a couple little fun spurs. Near highway 130, Mike @witchdoctor_33 took point and we hit the Parkway for a bit. @Darrell developed a mystery sound we couldn't pinpoint and he decided to break off before we could get any photo evidence of his existence, but the rest of us hit a couple more neat dirt roads and wound our way off the mountain to Natural Bridge Station where we grabbed some gas station grub, posed for a group shot then parted ways.

I had a good time today and it was great meeting Darrell and Mike and seeing Patch again. We talked about trying to get together again next month sometime and trying to do something like a day trip to Big Levels. We also discussed a possible weekend trip sometime to do Big Levels as well as Reddish Knob and Flag Pole. We'll talk more about that and get it hammered out so keep your eyes out for those.

I logged the route and I'll try to get it uploaded this week. Patch also sent me some pictures he took this evening. I've got to get better about taking pictures...
2017071595165237.jpg
20170715_154454.jpeg 20170715_164823.jpg

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I think the driveshaft center support bearing is going bad. Lots of slack in it and i've got a vibration.
Oh wow, that's kinda sudden. Have yippy checked for a thrown wheel weight? Won't cause the slack but could be the vibration.

Darrell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Not yet. I've had a very small vibration around 30-35 mph for a couple weeks, and from what i hear that bearing is a common problem, but i'm going to go over everything tomorrow. Not sure that noise would come and go thoug unless some debris got in there.

Reactions: TerryD