Western Virginia Monthly Meetup (old thread)

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Who's free on the 23rd? It'll be the last weekend till probably early November that I have I can do anything. Lets get together and get into something!

Mikeyleigh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

thanks for the invite. meego still in the shop as of yet. hopefully this weekend. and high skool reunion on sat the 23rd so i wont be able to swing a gathering. thank you for the invite though. still waiting on title fer da wifes new toy. but i dont think she will let me drive it. hehe. yet.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Who all is planning on coming? I know Mike @witchdoctor_33 is, anyone else? I've got a route in mind that will go from over near Eagle Rock toward New Castle and we'll end up on 311. Not sure how long it'll take but Google is showing about 2.5hr, plus stops. There is a campsite close to the far end of the route that is pretty neat if anyone wants to camp. I'm afraid that with everything we have going on in the next month, we'll be heading on toward Roanoke after the meetup and not camping. We could always convoy into Roanoke afterward and grab a bite to eat somewhere.

Reactions: witchdoctor_33

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
I was hoping to make it out but other obligations have trumped fun time. Hopefully next meet up will mesh better for my life. Have fun and stay safe. Get some pics too. [emoji869]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I was hoping to make it out but other obligations have trumped fun time. Hopefully next meet up will mesh better for my life. Have fun and stay safe. Get some pics too. [emoji869]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Hate you can't make it man but I understand how that goes. Next month is pretty much out for me for anything because of work. Oh well, November should be pretty wide open though!!

As for anyone else who would want to come this weekend, the roads I have in mind are stock friendly and even 2wd and FWD would go along them just fine. I'm hoping for a nice day out.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well, Mike and I had a great time today. Covered some pretty ground and had a great supper at Mac and Bob's in Salem. Only got a few pictures so I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

I'm probably not going to be able to do much next month, if anyone wants to take it, have at it. I think Mike has us a route worked pout for November too, and I'll let him fill in the details there.

Reactions: witchdoctor_33

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well a little late but here are a few of the very few pictures I got from Saturday.

We left the Citgo around 10:30 and headed over to Roaring Run and walked around the old furnace there for a few minutes.
20170923_105044[1].jpg

Then we headed west through Oriskany to Finwick Mines Campground and up the mountain.
20170923_115323[1].jpg

View at the top of the mountain looking South-East.
20170923_122034[1].jpg

We stopped at The Pines Campground outside New Castle to refill out water bottles and stretch out legs a bit. Then we headed up toward the Western end of Pott's Jeep Trail and out Potts Mountain Road to HWY311.
20170923_142442[1].jpg

From there we headed back into Salem and grabbed some fish tacos at Mac & Bob's for supper. I had a great time and with this and the route that Mike has for us in November, that'll have most of a route from Harrisonburg, Va to Giles County checked out and ready for a couple days run next spring possibly.

Looking forward to getting out again soon, but probably not in October. If any of you guys want to get something together, go for it! If I get a few minutes to get away I'll try to meet up with ya'll or maybe we can all get together for supper one evening and just hang out for a bit. It's always great to get to know you guys.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The outage at work is just getting going and I'm already feeling trapped.... Hope it's over on time and I can get out again. What's everyone got going on this month?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey guys, there's an Overlander Flea Market happening at Blue Ridge Overland Gear in Bedford, Va on November 25th. I'm going to go check it out, anyone want to meet-up and grab a beer at the locally brewery? They offer camping at their farm too, I can check on getting us some spots in anyone is interested.

http://www.blueridgebuilt.com/home/2017/10/20/overlander-flea-market-nov-25

ShoKilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKenney, Va
Member #

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I think I'm going to hit the Flea Market early to try and snap up the good deals then head over to Beale's afterward to grab supper with the family. Maybe 3ish? Let's all try to grab some beer and BBQ together!

Reactions: Scifi79