Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep Hiker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, Co 80216
Member #

You should be good to go. If you've entered your location today, you'll need to wait until after midnight Pacific time for it to show up. You didn't have "Show on Map" toggled on, so I just did that.
Thank You! I looked for it but could not find it, Thanks Again JH

Ditch

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Park, Pennsylvania
Member #

Ditch - if you go to your Name in the upper right, then to Privacy, and scroll down to Map Settings, you should be able to select and deselect the two settings there, and if you select Point My Location Randomly, choose the radius. One kilometer is the least. Never tried it without Random, but try it, might locate you more to your liking. Most like it a bit random for personal privacy reasons. Sometimes my location on the map moves around my exact location more than I do :tongueclosed:, which is fine with me.

Might take overnight to reset, though, not sure, as the map settings are updated at midnight for new members being added.

Thank you very much. I am still trying to navigate this site so I may make a few boo-boos. I greatly appreciate the assistance.
I will also give it time to make adjustments.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thank you very much. I am still trying to navigate this site so I may make a few boo-boos. I greatly appreciate the assistance.
I will also give it time to make adjustments.
Thanks again!
Loving the kindness round here.
Everyone is great.
You're very welcome, @Ditch.

No boo-boos made, just learning what's where. The forums and site can be a bit bewildering and with all the fast growth lately, it's become a bit more confusing at times. The powers that be are working on trying to streamline things a bit and put things in place so it can handle increased traffic and membership more effectively.

Welcome to the Overland Bound forums, by the way! Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Ditch

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Park, Pennsylvania
Member #

You're very welcome, @Ditch.

No boo-boos made, just learning what's where. The forums and site can be a bit bewildering and with all the fast growth lately, it's become a bit more confusing at times. The powers that be are working on trying to streamline things a bit and put things in place so it can handle increased traffic and membership more effectively.

Welcome to the Overland Bound forums, by the way! Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.
I have no doubt there will be more questions. I'm kind of old school and not on the best of terms with electronics. Ha Ha
Thank you for the welcome. I'm anxious to find answers to my needs for upgrading my truck. It will be fun to add on gear.

Reactions: Road

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I just found my location pin on the map - it's in the wrong place - 147 miles to the north east of where I'm actually located.

How can I get the location fixed?

My location - Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013 - is correct and under "Privacy" and "Map" I have checked "Mark my position on map" and selected "1km".

Last edited:

A_Jones_GS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fayetteville, NC
Member #

I'm brand new to the site. Just became a member and I can't seem to access the full resource map. Is there a certain amount of time that has to pass before I can access the full functionality of the site? (I've logged out and back in a couple times. Even closed my browser and re-opened. Doesn't seem to work)

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I just found my location pin on the map - it's in the wrong place - 147 miles to the north east of where I'm actually located.

How can I get the location fixed?

My location - Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013 - is correct and under "Privacy" and "Map" I have checked "Mark my position on map" and selected "1km".
HEY!!!!

It appears to be fixed! Thank you who ever did it!!!

Hank Roffel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Canada
Member #

Hey Gang, I finally have some time to spend on the site. I can't seem to the Members Map, Am I missing this option in my membership? Thanks

Reactions: KC2BUN

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Just became a member and I can't seem to access the full resource map.
I can't seem to the Members Map, Am I missing this option in my membership?
I just activated both of your accounts. There was a link in your email to self-activate, or adding yourself to the activation request thread stickied in the new member forum is the other method.

You should both now have full access. Thanks for your participation and support!

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Hi! I also am missing from the map.. I thought I followed all the steps, activated my membership, clicked the selections to show me on the map in preferences.. but still no dice. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you! (And sorry if I’ve missed something somehow )

arbezee

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hollister, CA
Member #

Good morning OB community. Quick question. I entered info, as directed on the first page of this thread, before midnight last night. The map doesn't seem to be showing my location. Just wondering if I missed something. Thank you!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@UTDez23 I am showing you near downtown SLC on the map. Check again by hovering over the pins. You can adjust the accuracy range in your security settings.

@arbezee You had almost everything set correctly, but didn't have it set to show on the map. You should appear after midnight.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

@UTDez23 I am showing you near downtown SLC on the map. Check again by hovering over the pins. You can adjust the accuracy range in your security settings.

@arbezee You had almost everything set correctly, but didn't have it set to show on the map. You should appear after midnight.
Thank you very much Steve! I appreciate your help..

Reactions: Steve
Status
Not open for further replies.